Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ - Fair Share for Creators @ Midem - 3 February 2014


Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:04 pm
melo


User avatar
Posts: 675
Location: Brazil

Black Bird wrote:
Elisabeth wrote:
Kanta wrote:JM is a work alcoholic and he is always doing something... whether it is officially or not!
Everything has its price if you are a workaholic or a couch potato.... :)
Good to be in the middle :mrgreen:
Well, I was married to a workaholic through a looong time, so I know everything about how to live alone!! :lol:
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:22 pm
Elisabeth


User avatar
Posts: 902

Live now:

"Artists write protest songs; but we're victims of a system that's not been thought in terms of content" @jmjofficial #midem #talks


The European Commission developed a "conspiracy theory to attack CISAC",

"If you think that digital (rights) are the future, we're in dire straits. We don't need people deciding for us":


Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrEglOpVY4
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm
melo


User avatar
Posts: 675
Location: Brazil

"Artists write protest songs; but we're victims of a system that's not been thought in terms of content"

The European Commission developed a "conspiracy theory to attack CISAC


"If you think that digital (rights) are the future, we're in dire straits. We don't need people deciding for us"


"We (artists) should sit down with Google & Facebook & say "don't forget: in "smartphone", the smart part is us"

We're not "defending artists sat on their pots of gold; it's about the future of creation": @jmjofficial on authors' rights

"Google, Facebook: you could become the next MySpace. We were here before the internet and will be afterwards" @jmjofficial #midem

"The music industry has lost its voice, its 60s rebel attitude! We don't want to leave this coolness to manufacturers of cables...



Souce: Twitter/midem
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:56 pm
melo


User avatar
Posts: 675
Location: Brazil

Jean Michel Jarre talks ‘fair share for creators’ at Midem


Image
Jean Michel Jarre is both musician and president of the International Confederation of Authors and Composers Societies (CISAC), and as such, has a view or two on digital music and its impact on artists and songwriters.

He took to the Midem stage this afternoon for a session titled “Fair Share for Creators” to share some of those views, in an interview conducted by Music Week’s Rhian Jones.

So what’s a fair share for creators about? “Thinking about it, it was the wrong title. I should have said ‘How to create a fair business model for creators’,” he said.

“It’s very difficult for an artist to evaluate the value of his child, his baby, of his creation… Artists are very good and strong at writing protest songs, but when it comes to protesting about the value of their art, they are quite vulnerable, and particularly facing the internet… We are victims of a system that has not even been thought in the function of the content they are making so much money on. This is why this idea of fair remuneration is important.”

Jarre argued that a business model needs to be created by artists sitting round a table with partners from the technology world. “Stopping thinking that the big actors of the internet are our enemies. These people who created Google, Facebook and all these great tools. They are music lovers, they are film lovers. They love artists,” he said.

“They are somehow closer to music and film and arts than a lot of politicians are. These guys were geeks 15 or 20 years ago dreaming about creating something extraordinary, and they did it, without realising the collateral damages they were creating, by exciting this kind of constant greed for free content.”

Jarre also talked about defining the way to “pay respect to creators”, while suggesting that the music industry should be talking about why “intellectual property is one of the main elements of our democracy, it’s part of our human rights – our basic human rights! No country can develop its identity without painting, without film, without literature…”

He talked about the next Harry Potter not existing if “we are not taking care of our intellectual property… we need to sit around these people making billions with our content, and say ‘Guys, you love us, we are not hating you, we need to sit together and find a decent business model‘.”

“If you think that digital is the future, we are in dire straits for the future, so we need again to define a fair remuneration in the digital world,” he added, before talking about how impressed he has been by how American musicians, filmmakers and composers are “watching Europe, watching us and are really aware of their future, and promoting the idea that we have created: the importance of authors’ rights, the importance of copyright, and that we should sit sooner or later with Google, with Facebook, all of these companies, and say ‘don’t forget, the smart part of the smartphone is us.”

Jarre even described “a form of intellectual racism… a kind of contemptuous attitude towards the music scene in France… they think that music is something minor” (compared to literature and film).

“We should really say to Brussels, that our fight and our battle about intellectual property is not defending the rights of rich artists sat on their pot of gold. It’s something far beyond this. It’s questioning the future of creation, the future of our identity, whoever we are…. I know so many kids who are dreaming of becoming musicians, and they can’t, because nobody will pay for their work.”

He concluded: “We are much stronger than we think… We should tell Google, Facebook ‘be careful guys, because 10 years from now you may become the next Myspace. We need you, but you need us. We were existing before electricity, and we will exist after internet.”

Someone from YouTube asked the first question from the audience, noting that YouTube struggles to find “who to pay” for music usage – does Jarre have any answers to licensing complexities. “Today we have to accept that everything on the internet will be free for the consumer. It’s done. And it’s not a bad thing, as long as we create an economy with the actors of the internet. And then we’ll join all the consumers saying ‘that’s great, good news, we can have access to everything in the world!’,” he said.

“We should agree with this, as long as the people making billions from giving this free access are sharing the take with us… we need a part of that business, and we deserve it. We are part of that. And it’s the reason why I think we made a big mistake on focusing on the consumers, and pointing out the consumers [for piracy]… That is history, that’s the past. How can we cope with the new challenges? The answer is again to think about business partnerships, and this is not begging ‘can we have a few percent of this or that?’.”

Jarre criticised France’s Hadopi anti-piracy law, which laid down punishments for persistent filesharers. “We should focus on the people making money, not on the people consuming.”

He finished: “The music industry has lost its voice. Think about the 60s, what the music industry was, all these protest songs and all these rebel attitudes. We should find this… we are the rebels, and we don’t want to leave this coolness element to manufacturers of cables and telephones. It’s crazy. This is why this situation with YouTube and all this should change. We should go straight to the people in charge of YouTube making billions on our back. This has to change.”
source: http://musically.com/2014/02/03/jean-michel-jarre-talks-fair-share-for-creators-at-midem/
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:00 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

User avatar
Posts: 9801
Location: United Kingdom
Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 8

Image

:love: :oops:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm
Elisabeth


User avatar
Posts: 902

melo wrote:Jean Michel Jarre talks ‘fair share for creators’ at Midem


Image
Jean Michel Jarre is both musician and president of the International Confederation of Authors and Composers Societies (CISAC), and as such, has a view or two on digital music and its impact on artists and songwriters.

He took to the Midem stage this afternoon for a session titled “Fair Share for Creators” to share some of those views, in an interview conducted by Music Week’s Rhian Jones.

So what’s a fair share for creators about? “Thinking about it, it was the wrong title. I should have said ‘How to create a fair business model for creators’,” he said.

“It’s very difficult for an artist to evaluate the value of his child, his baby, of his creation… Artists are very good and strong at writing protest songs, but when it comes to protesting about the value of their art, they are quite vulnerable, and particularly facing the internet… We are victims of a system that has not even been thought in the function of the content they are making so much money on. This is why this idea of fair remuneration is important.”

Jarre argued that a business model needs to be created by artists sitting round a table with partners from the technology world. “Stopping thinking that the big actors of the internet are our enemies. These people who created Google, Facebook and all these great tools. They are music lovers, they are film lovers. They love artists,” he said.

“They are somehow closer to music and film and arts than a lot of politicians are. These guys were geeks 15 or 20 years ago dreaming about creating something extraordinary, and they did it, without realising the collateral damages they were creating, by exciting this kind of constant greed for free content.”

Jarre also talked about defining the way to “pay respect to creators”, while suggesting that the music industry should be talking about why “intellectual property is one of the main elements of our democracy, it’s part of our human rights – our basic human rights! No country can develop its identity without painting, without film, without literature…”

He talked about the next Harry Potter not existing if “we are not taking care of our intellectual property… we need to sit around these people making billions with our content, and say ‘Guys, you love us, we are not hating you, we need to sit together and find a decent business model‘.”

“If you think that digital is the future, we are in dire straits for the future, so we need again to define a fair remuneration in the digital world,” he added, before talking about how impressed he has been by how American musicians, filmmakers and composers are “watching Europe, watching us and are really aware of their future, and promoting the idea that we have created: the importance of authors’ rights, the importance of copyright, and that we should sit sooner or later with Google, with Facebook, all of these companies, and say ‘don’t forget, the smart part of the smartphone is us.”

Jarre even described “a form of intellectual racism… a kind of contemptuous attitude towards the music scene in France… they think that music is something minor” (compared to literature and film).

“We should really say to Brussels, that our fight and our battle about intellectual property is not defending the rights of rich artists sat on their pot of gold. It’s something far beyond this. It’s questioning the future of creation, the future of our identity, whoever we are…. I know so many kids who are dreaming of becoming musicians, and they can’t, because nobody will pay for their work.”

He concluded: “We are much stronger than we think… We should tell Google, Facebook ‘be careful guys, because 10 years from now you may become the next Myspace. We need you, but you need us. We were existing before electricity, and we will exist after internet.”

Someone from YouTube asked the first question from the audience, noting that YouTube struggles to find “who to pay” for music usage – does Jarre have any answers to licensing complexities. “Today we have to accept that everything on the internet will be free for the consumer. It’s done. And it’s not a bad thing, as long as we create an economy with the actors of the internet. And then we’ll join all the consumers saying ‘that’s great, good news, we can have access to everything in the world!’,” he said.

“We should agree with this, as long as the people making billions from giving this free access are sharing the take with us… we need a part of that business, and we deserve it. We are part of that. And it’s the reason why I think we made a big mistake on focusing on the consumers, and pointing out the consumers [for piracy]… That is history, that’s the past. How can we cope with the new challenges? The answer is again to think about business partnerships, and this is not begging ‘can we have a few percent of this or that?’.”

Jarre criticised France’s Hadopi anti-piracy law, which laid down punishments for persistent filesharers. “We should focus on the people making money, not on the people consuming.”

He finished: “The music industry has lost its voice. Think about the 60s, what the music industry was, all these protest songs and all these rebel attitudes. We should find this… we are the rebels, and we don’t want to leave this coolness element to manufacturers of cables and telephones. It’s crazy. This is why this situation with YouTube and all this should change. We should go straight to the people in charge of YouTube making billions on our back. This has to change.”
source: http://musically.com/2014/02/03/jean-michel-jarre-talks-fair-share-for-creators-at-midem/

“"It’s very difficult for an artist to evaluate the value of his child, his baby, of his creation… Artists are very good and strong at writing protest songs, but when it comes to protesting about the value of their art, they are quite vulnerable, ................”


So true!
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:52 pm
melo


User avatar
Posts: 675
Location: Brazil

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 pm
melo


User avatar
Posts: 675
Location: Brazil

Pics from Carlton hotel during the Midem Music Festival - Cannes, France - Monday 3rd February 2014

Image

Image

Image
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:42 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

User avatar
Posts: 9801
Location: United Kingdom
Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 8

Video from the official Midem YouTube channel - Keynote: Jean-Michel Jarre, CISAC - Midem 2014:


8)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:33 pm
Black Bird


User avatar
Posts: 426
Location: Germany

Thank you all for the contributions. :)

I think he is absolutely right in what he says about the copyright. It seems to me he has been properly incorporated into this problem, or made ​​to his main task. That sure brings him many admirers and recognition. But maybe he should pay attention to a health and spiritual balance. He looks at the pictures of terrifying ! :shock: Ok, he has gotten older. But he looks so sick and sad. Frightening! :(
I hope he forgets engagemant at all, not himself.
(About the awful haircut I do not like to write. Do it yet) He had a few weeks ago still so beautiful hair. What happened? Such gray thick lugs on the head are embarrassing. If he does not want to color, maybe cut off completely. :?
Post Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 am
Elisabeth


User avatar
Posts: 902

Black Bird wrote:Thank you all for the contributions. :)

I think he is absolutely right in what he says about the copyright. It seems to me he has been properly incorporated into this problem, or made ​​to his main task. That sure brings him many admirers and recognition. But maybe he should pay attention to a health and spiritual balance. He looks at the pictures of terrifying ! :shock: Ok, he has gotten older. But he looks so sick and sad. Frightening! :(
I hope he forgets engagemant at all, not himself.
(About the awful haircut I do not like to write. Do it yet) He had a few weeks ago still so beautiful hair. What happened? Such gray thick lugs on the head are embarrassing. If he does not want to color, maybe cut off completely. :?
Some have grey hair at 30. :D
Post Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

User avatar
Posts: 9801
Location: United Kingdom
Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 8

In comparison with other people his age, he looks better. A whole lot better. :fine:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:32 am
Robi


Posts: 3340
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary

What is the echo of Jarre's statement in French press?
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm
Velodynamic


User avatar
Posts: 3434
Location: Sweden, far north

I think JMJ is right about the big manufacturers of digital gimmicks and softwares, the big dragons has vacuumed the market for artists and are not leaving behind as much profit shares as perhaps they ought to sadly enough. Great that he does speak out. Should have a decent impact as it's coming from him.

No I still think he looks alright for his age even without girly makeup. :nod:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm
Black Bird


User avatar
Posts: 426
Location: Germany

Velodynamic wrote:I think JMJ is right about the big manufacturers of digital gimmicks and softwares, the big dragons has vacuumed the market for artists and are not leaving behind as much profit shares as perhaps they ought to sadly enough. Great that he does speak out. Should have a decent impact as it's coming from him.

No I still think he looks alright for his age even without girly makeup. :nod:
Girly Makeup ? :mrgreen:
This time he has a bad hairdresser or he can not decide whether they should look brown or gray. If he decide for grey, he must cut it very short to lose the dark hair, but now it Looks strange . He looks in this pictures, such as crawled out of the hedge, so unkempt. :| This is very different than two years ago.
I hope he will get his back his lovely hairstyle he had the last years. :nod:







  • cron
    2020 Zoolook.nl
    Powered by phpBB forum software
     

     

    cron