Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jean Michel Jarre - Official Facebook

Post Posted Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:22 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 28
Likes received  : 44

Wait, what? Juvet has died?
Post Posted Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:20 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 9

Death of Patrick Juvet: Jean-Michel Jarre shares a "reaction of sadness and surprise"
Video:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Dr_Jones

Chat is starting!

JM doesn't call this album a "real studioalbum". Promotion will be low, due to the pandemic. The photoexhibition is still planned to go over the world, but is postponed due to the pandemic too.
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:12 pm
Dr_Jones

He didn't want to make too illustrative music, too abstract or too ethnic music. He's telling about creating this album with the sounds of the amazon, recreating them with synths, mixing them with real sounds.

Binaural version will not be "sold" seperately.

He's showing the packaging of the CD, looks neat! LP looks good too! Not a good idea to show the QR code of the download though...
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:30 pm
Dr_Jones

Just like Oxygene and Waiting for Cousteau, this album is linked to the environment to promote Salgado's fight for the Amazon forest.
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:37 pm
Dr_Jones

Part of the royalties will go to a fund for the Amazon forest.
As far as he knows, there is no limited edition. The "limited edition" of Amazonia, the book + LP is not done by JMJ, but by Taschen, the company which printed the book. He doesn't know about it having 50 copies only.
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:52 pm
Dr_Jones

He used the ARP2600 a lot on this album. Plugins and samples (obviously, red), samples.

He's just hinted to a tour.
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 pm
Dr_Jones

JMJ has sent Ron's Piece to the French astronaut Thomas Pesquet in the hope for him to play the song on saxophone in space.

He's busy with planning a new studio album, but nothing concrete at all.

He's got plans to do something like Welcome to the Other Side.
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 am
Herr Dunkel

Thank you Dr_Jones for this summary - some interesting tidbits.
Can't wait to listen to the (not quite) album - Amazônia!
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 am
Dr_Jones

I forgot to mention the moment where he got a little irritated by people asking about a collector's box edition.
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 am
jeanbatman

Slightly OT / Taschen is a good publishing company, it has good reputation here in France (this is more a professional point of view). I don't get how they could think 50 copies would be enough for the purpose. This is unthinkable.
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:36 pm
Dr_Jones

jeanbatman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 am Slightly OT / Taschen is a good publishing company, it has good reputation here in France (this is more a professional point of view). I don't get how they could think 50 copies would be enough for the purpose. This is unthinkable.
They probably compared it to the sales of the EoN box and thought: "better do a more limited quantity".

The book does look good, btw, from what I've seen on pictures.
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:26 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Perhaps Eon didn't do good when you consider the price and what you're actually getting. I still haven't purchased it and it's still available...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:11 pm
Dr_Jones

shadow wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:26 pm Perhaps Eon didn't do good when you consider the price and what you're actually getting. I still haven't purchased it and it's still available...
Yes, agreed. But still I think they got cautious with selling limited editions.
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

A good LE will sell just fine, the problem with EON was the combination of the price and what you actually got. You got some random created tunes that honestly aren't that interesting and a book that was the same thing with the images. And that for €300, that was crazy! The Equinoxe set was a great deal in comparison.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

2020 Zoolook.nl