Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jarre at the Royal Albert Hall

Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:52 pm
Rubberlips

Kanta wrote:No, you did not offend me. :wink: It's just afterwards I really did feel sorry for Jean Michel. :( It's his fault that he is so wonderful and that the fans really :love: him. Where I was standing at the stage door I could feel the tension as time passed by. Jean Michel came out after the show within 45 minutes. Just glad it was not longer. Hehe, my sister said he still had his stage make-up on. :P
It's the ultimate fan thing isn't it? I mean I paid loads to go to the CPT concert in 1995 and only saw the top of Jarre's head once... it was nice to see the guy up close.

I went round the back of the Albert Hall specifically to try and see the guy and get an autograph and I was expecting more decorum. It was fine until the surge (fun even) but when the surge happened I held back becuase I didn't think it fair on the guy. I was happy getting that single photo while my brother-in-law joined the pack. I'm pleased he did but felt a bit embarrased about it. They should have had barriers... that way Jarre could have seen everyone (people were moving as soon as they got what they wanted which was nice).
web: http://www.wix.com/carlpurkins/the-carl-purkins-website
email: carlpurkins@yahoo.com
blog: carlpurkins.blogspot.com

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm
AnDrOiD

I must not be much of a fan then, cos after the concert tonight, I'm heading straight home. :p:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:43 pm
Phil J.

THE GUARDIAN ONLINE Not the best review I've ever read, brace yourself :evil:
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:47 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

The unfavorable ones were bound to come at some point :P
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:23 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

I don't take any notice of reviews. I make my own judgement. Any case, that review is written by one person and probably by someone who's just taken the "Best of Girls Aloud" out from his car cd player
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:25 pm
Phil J.

Mr. Tung wrote:I don't take any notice of reviews. I make my own judgement. Any case, that review is written by one person and probably by someone who's just taken the "Best of Girls Aloud" out from his car cd player
Oh Come On!!! You're telling me there's a best of Girls Aloud!!!! Must be the worlds shortest album.
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:26 pm
Phil J.

Talking of reviews does anyone know if it's made the papers yet? If so which ones.
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:28 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Phil J. wrote:
Mr. Tung wrote:I don't take any notice of reviews. I make my own judgement. Any case, that review is written by one person and probably by someone who's just taken the "Best of Girls Aloud" out from his car cd player
Oh Come On!!! You're telling me there's a best of Girls Aloud!!!! Must be the worlds shortest album.
Sadly (No1) yes, sadly (No2) my wife has it, sadly (No3) I did listen to it once

Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:37 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

AnDrOiD wrote:I must not be much of a fan then, cos after the concert tonight, I'm heading straight home. :p:
:o Your not even gonna try? :roll2:

My concert photos :mrgreen: (Couldn't take that many. I got told off. I wasn't even using my flash. :kanta: :cry:):

JMJ been driven away in a white van from the RAH into the night, in London :cry: :

RAH after the concert:

Stage door the next morning (unbelievable, I was squashed for a good cause :nod:):

I feel sad that Jean Michel has left England. :( Maybe, it's just me but the venues he played here, he made them sooooooo special. :love:

Do you like my photos? :P
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:40 pm
Finaero

AnDrOiD wrote:I must not be much of a fan then, cos after the concert tonight, I'm heading straight home. :p:
Same for me... except I'd actually stay there to try getting some rare item - say, Oxygene 7-13 LP - autographed if I didn't have to rush to the airport right after the gig.
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:43 pm
Kanta

But he's worth the wait. Truly, you must believe me. :P
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:44 pm
Finaero

I do trust you on that issue. Just can't do anything about it :P
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 pm
Kanta

Okay. ( :hug:, for those who can't wait for Jean Michel after the show.) :kanta:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Since Skive will have one of the smallest audience of this tour, there might not be as much fuzz around JMJ. I'd like to stay but my father and uncle are not fans and they would probably like to get home as soon as possible. It is more important for them to get up the day after, and Skive is about 1½ hour in car from where I live. I'll just wait and see how it's gonna be next Thursday.
Post Posted Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:55 pm
jp8000

I'd like to talk with JMJ, if that would be possible

(with my bad english)
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel

• 2020 Zoolook.nl