Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene 14-20


Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 am
plate of chips


Posts: 200
Likes received  : 2

Big time wrote:Okay guys, here's what the email said, from the guy who ACTUALLY did this :) His name is Jean-Michel Derain.


"Thank you very much !! In fact it's a lot of different tracks (like i don't know 20 or 25 songs) that i have reedited to "compose" one big track built like a story.

In those tracks there is 3 or 4 pieces (used more like textures ) that are new Jean-Michel Jarre tracks.

It's not available for downloading for now because of copyrights !!

Again thank you for your comments !!!

regards

jm"


Sorry If I messed up your evening :P But I REALLY want a studio recording of the whole damn thing!! :D I guess we never will get one, because of those 3-4 Jarre bits in the recording! :evil: :P
Apology accepted :bravo:

Next time before casting doubt, inferences .... you known what to do :arrow:
Now go back and edit delete those inferences :punch:

JmJ composed 3-4 pieces which his dude edited into 20min conitinous mix with his own pieces.
Thus we hear partly Oxygene19 one of the 3-4 JmJ pieces in this mix.
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:40 am
Dr_Jones


User avatar
Posts: 2487
Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 38

Holy shit, that's pretty big news! I always thought it was a mix by that Derain guy, I recorded the thing from Zenith (that's why you can hear some Dutch).

Here's the full mp3:
http://drjones.home.xs4all.nl/jarre/mp3 ... oncert.mp3
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:43 am
Velodynamic


User avatar
Posts: 3434
Location: Sweden, far north

As long as this Durain guy doesn't officially declare that this track is "only" his composition you can only take JMJ's word for being the composer to his own music.
To me it sounds as if he is just the editor of an extended mix.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:47 am
Jote


User avatar
Posts: 826
Location: Lodz, Poland
Likes given: 17
Likes received  : 20

Dr_Jones wrote:Holy shit, that's pretty big news! I always thought it was a mix by that Derain guy, I recorded the thing from Zenith (that's why you can hear some Dutch).

Here's the full mp3:
drjones.home.xs4all.nl/jarre/mp3/Paris_before_concert.mp3
And what's that hiding around 15:30? Why that's "These Creatures" from E2!
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:53 am
Dr_Jones


User avatar
Posts: 2487
Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 38

OMG indeed!
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:00 am
Velodynamic


User avatar
Posts: 3434
Location: Sweden, far north

1:25 into the track with Julia Holter. Good ears Jote.

Maybe with a spoon of imagination you could even hear some "Exit" at 7 minutes into the recording? :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:06 am
shadow


User avatar
Posts: 1313
Likes received  : 9

Yeah that's undoubtedly the foundation for 'These Creatures'. Seems like he actually had a solid foundation for a lot of the music in 2010 that we wouldn't hear for another five to six years. If what you guys say about Oxygene track sounding alike it's entirely possible that that album has its roots also dating back to at least 2010 at the earliest point and perhaps even before that.
Jote wrote:Also he did state that Oxygene 19 was composed ~2 years ago while working on Electronica, so that's pretty weird as well. Then again, foundations for "Suns have gone" and "Swipe to the right" were laid as early as 2010 as well, so he might have just used that particular sequence from 2010 for Oxygene 19 while most of the track was composed in 2014?
Well the album as we'll know it in December might have been composed in 2013/14, but the foundation can easily have been from far before that. Going by the fact that we've also heard a couple of Electronica tracks back in 2010 for the first time (and now also 'These Creatures') seems like it might be entirely possible. We also know for example that Equinoxe Part 5 was composed before Oxygene was even recorded. So it's not like he's never done so before.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:07 am
Dr_Jones


User avatar
Posts: 2487
Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 38

Big time, kudos for being such an observant listener. If you didn't post this, I hadn't dug up this mp3 from my archive.
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:50 am
jarrepaul


Posts: 161
Location: Co. Durham

That's excellent that.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:39 am
Finaero


User avatar
Posts: 2660
Location: Finland
Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 8

So if these tracks have been made years ago... maybe there IS a chance that Oxygene 3 will have a Dec 2016 release after all! ;)

Really hope there's gonna be one. And that there will be no MyPlayDirect style shenanigans.
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:55 am
Elf


Posts: 241
Location: Molde in Norway

Nicely spotted that you can hear both Oxygene 19 and These Creatures in that mix. I love stuff like that.

I've been able to listen through the whole of Oxygene 3. Sony sent me a link so that I could listen to the album before I interviewed Jarre in Brussels.

Funny thing is, that when I told Jarre I had been allowed to listen to the album, Jarre said that he had sent the master tapes off and then he went straight on tour. "So your reaction will be the first reaction I hear about the album, not even my family has listened to it yet. So what did you think?"

Nothing like being put on the spot, eh ;-)

Thankfully I could tell him that I had been able to listen to the album four times, and that I had a huge grin on my face while listening to it. In short: I love it. And I think it will please a lot of the fans who misses "the old Jarre."

When I told him that Oxygene 19 was my favourite, because it was a combination of sounds from Deserted Palace, analogue Oxygene/Equinoxe sounds, with a bit of 90s rave thrown in, he lit up: "I'm so happy to hear this, because that's the first track I did. I composed it for Electronica, but I decided it didn't fit a collaboration album, so I put it away."

So the fact that it popped up in this mix fits very well.

He also told me that he really didn't want to celebrate Oxygene's 40th anniversary when his record company suggested something. But that's when he got the idea to do the rest of the album in three months.

"I started in July and worked all through September. I did have a break in August where I became really depressed and wanted to stop being a musician and become a painter instead, but I kept on and finished it."

He was, as always, a pleasure to talk to. He's also the only artist where it's not the journalist who asks for more time when the manager comes into the room, it's him!

"Hey, it's your soundcheck," Fiona said :D

Oh, by the way. All Oxygene albums have been remastered again for the new package, "with an analogue approach (no loudness war!) " and Jarre said he completely agreed with all the fans who have been complaining about the latest remasters. Jarre said they are awful, and that they were done by the record company and was out of his hands.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:18 pm
jarrepaul


Posts: 161
Location: Co. Durham

Elf wrote:Nicely spotted that you can hear both Oxygene 19 and These Creatures in that

mix. I love stuff like that.

I've been able to listen through the whole of Oxygene 3. Sony sent me a link so that I could listen to the album before I interviewed Jarre in Brussels.

Funny thing is, that when I told Jarre I had been allowed to listen to the album, Jarre said that he had sent the master tapes off and then he went straight on tour. "So your reaction will be the first reaction I hear about the album, not even my family has listened to it yet. So what did you think?"

Nothing like being put on the spot, eh ;-)

Thankfully I could tell him that I had been able to listen to the album four times, and that I had a huge grin on my face while listening to it. In short: I love it. And I think it will please a lot of the fans who misses "the old Jarre."

When I told him that Oxygene 19 was my favourite, because it was a combination of sounds from Deserted Palace, analogue Oxygene/Equinoxe sounds, with a bit of 90s rave thrown in, he lit up: "I'm so happy to hear this, because that's the first track I did. I composed it for Electronica, but I decided it didn't fit a collaboration album, so I put it away."

So the fact that it popped up in this mix fits very well.

He also told me that he really didn't want to celebrate Oxygene's 40th anniversary when his record company suggested something. But that's when he got the idea to do the rest of the album in three months.

"I started in July and worked all through September. I did have a break in August where I became really depressed and wanted to stop being a musician and become a painter instead, but I kept on and finished it."

He was, as always, a pleasure to talk to. He's also the only artist where it's not the journalist who asks for more time when the manager comes into the room, it's him!

"Hey, it's your soundcheck," Fiona said :D

Oh, by the way. All Oxygene albums have been remastered again for the new package, "with an analogue approach (no loudness war!) " and Jarre said he completely agreed with all the fans who have been complaining about the latest remasters. Jarre said they are awful, and that they were done by the record company and was out of his hands.
Thank You Elf really informative. I can't wait for it.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:27 pm
Jote


User avatar
Posts: 826
Location: Lodz, Poland
Likes given: 17
Likes received  : 20

Thanks, Elf. What did you think about the Rhodes electric piano sounds used in Oxygene 14 and 18? I was really surprised to hear them used by Jarre. And even more surprised to find them on an "Oxygene" album - I would expect stuff like that to pop up on "Electronica", but not on an "Oxygene".
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:33 pm
Elf


Posts: 241
Location: Molde in Norway

Jote wrote:Thanks, Elf. What did you think about the Rhodes electric piano sounds used in Oxygene 14 and 18? I was really surprised to hear them used by Jarre. And even more surprised to find them on an "Oxygene" album - I would expect stuff like that to pop up on "Electronica", but not on an "Oxygene".
Very true! I WAS surprised. But then again, that only confirmed what he said about not wanting to just repeat himself and do something that sounded just like the old Oxygene.

It's more the approach to composition, mixing and the mood that makes it an Oxygene album.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:16 pm
jeanbatman


User avatar
Posts: 859
Location: Lille, France

Very interesting points, Elf!
I hope this album will be part of the greats...

And Jarre is not the first musician to want to stop music, we've got Röyksopp and Air in the same case.

PS: Your website doesn't work on I.E...







  • cron
    2020 Zoolook.nl
    Powered by phpBB forum software
     

     

    cron