Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

Post Posted Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 14

Involution wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 am ending with a short radio-like voicebit.
Hmm, are they similar to the (very Zoolook-sounding ones) at around 29m47s (or 32m13s), or the "burpy" ones mainly in the last 15 minutes or so of the track?

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to match those unedited WFC uploads to the videos from July 14th 1990 right before the PLD concert started. I mean, those videos probably don't have a full uninterrupted recording of the track for 75 minutes or so, but I guess that's where you could get the best comparisons from (maybe).

(Also, I don't think enough people give WFC credit w.r.t. being a Roland D-50 masterpiece, I think someone (AERO62, IIRC) found a lot of the WFC sounds from the Roland D-50 basic presets ;))
Post Posted Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 am
Involution

Finaero wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 pm
Involution wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 am ending with a short radio-like voicebit.
Hmm, are they similar to the (very Zoolook-sounding ones) at around 29m47s (or 32m13s), or the "burpy" ones mainly in the last 15 minutes or so of the track?
No, the voicebit seems one of a kind, very short and having two syllables.
After the voicebit the voice returns saying a slowed down ''Emotion''. These are not the ''burpy'' ones ( I know what sound you mean by that :)
Post Posted Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:22 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I'd be interested in hearing how that YT link sounded, if anyone can PM me, I'd be very thankful.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

2020 Zoolook.nl