Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Metamorphoses

Post Posted Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 pm
SF01

Likes received  : 2

Yeah, the DVD is great, though for some straneg reason my copy, that I got second hand has the slipcase from the NTSC version, while I have the proper PAL version, I got it signed by the way.
Post Posted Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:26 am
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Jote wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:57 am
shadow wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:26 pm
Jote wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:48 pm And they botched it. GOL part 1 is missing the strings. It's nice for fans more on the "die-hard" side, because we have another version of this track, not so much for others.
It's a different mix? Curious if they used the final recording or if the opened up the original files and messed up with a new export.
No idea how that happened. I raised the issue to Louis back then, but he was on his way out, so the conversation died of natural causes :)

2003:
Geometry-of-Love-part-1-2003-CD.mp3

2018:
Geometry-of-Love-part-1-2018-Spotify.mp3
So I received my copy of this re-release just now, it's quite interesting to hear the mix in action. Such a strange experience considering I've been listening to this album for so many years. For the few euro I paid for it, I guess it's cool. Still really odd that this slipped through though.

Also, Geometry of Love Part 2 is different. I can't quite put my finger on what's different. But it's absolutely not the same mix as the 2003 release.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

Looking back at the electronic musical landscape 1990-2000
overtaken by Trance, Chillout, Ibiza, Hardcore, DrumNBass, BigBeat, BreakBeat,
Progressive Ambient, Progressive House, FutureDisco, FutureTechno,
Enigma copycats (even Mike Oldfield copied Engima on Songs of Distant Earth 1994, Moby in 1999 his album Play).

For JmJ to bring out an album that was different to all these yet with aspects of each of these
was special.
A summary of 1990-2000 Electronica.
The only Electronic album to do so thus making it the most diverse Electronic album of the era.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl