Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rare albums?

Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:36 pm
Analogy

Looking thru the Wiki entry I see there are quite a few early albums that diem't make it big. Anyone have,or has heard, La Cage for example or the Palace?
When you've walked in darkness you laugh at shadows.
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 13

I have heard the La Cage track. Nice track. 8) The album Deserted Palace is quite good, too. One of the tracks from that album is called Bridge of Promises. That track is superb, imho. :bravo:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:00 pm
Analogy

There's also one from 2001,interior music or summat like that,and of course, Music for Supermarkets. Yea like i'm gonna find that one! ;) Crikey i've not even heard Tea and Teo yet! Got a lot of catching up to do!
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:01 pm
jarrekid

Analogy wrote:Crikey i've not even heard Tea and Teo yet!
You really really might not wanna bother with that one...
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:06 pm
Kanta

You might not or you might. :fine: But there are some good tracks on Téo & Téa e.g. Vintage. :wink:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:31 pm
Analogy

Well i heard one one youtube and wasn't keen. Too dancy,too 'young' if you know what i mean. I like him when he's not trying to be popular. Whats Geometry of Love like?
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:00 pm
jarrekid

Analogy wrote:Well i heard one one youtube and wasn't keen. Too dancy,too 'young' if you know what i mean. I like him when he's not trying to be popular. Whats Geometry of Love like?
GoL is much better. I'd rather have it over Sessions 2k and (definitely) Teo & Tea.
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Analogy wrote:Well i heard one one youtube and wasn't keen. Too dancy,too 'young' if you know what i mean. I like him when he's not trying to be popular. Whats Geometry of Love like?
Defintely worth listening. Has a great atmosphere to it. Sessions 2000 is somewhat 'darker', less accessible, but still worth a spin too. Both may need some time to grow on you though. They are somewhat different to what you may have been used to.
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:49 pm
Analogy

Thanks guys. Now I wonder if my library would be able to order those CDs in for me to borrow.
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Kanta

I did a few searches on YouTube and managed to find some tasters of the albums you mentioned, Analogy. Enjoy:

La Cage and Erosmachine:

Bridge of Promises from the Deserted Palace album:

March 23 from the Sessions 2000 album:

Geometry of Love Part 1 from the Geometry of Love album:

8) :D
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 pm
Analogy

Thanks Kanta,i'll have a look at those tomorrow when i'm on the PC-am using my phone at the mo,no can do youtube. Actually i might just look for one of them on Amazon and buy it for a few quid next time i get paid. I usually get one album a month that way. Last one was Depeche Mode's Playing the Angel
Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:14 pm
Kanta

You are welcome. :D
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:15 pm
Rubberlips

Jarre has done a number of 'rare' albums:

'Deserted Palace' - not really an album, more a collection of potential 'soundtracks' for AMerican commercials. Bootlegs used to be pretty easy to obtain.

'La Cage' is not an album but a 7" single. Again, rare stuff but easily found on a bootleg (Rarities 1 is a pretty famous bootleg containing Deserted Palace and La Cage).

'Music For Supermarkets' - The rarest of them all. I have an original vinyl copy of this album. Some guy in Lyon was clearing out his loft, found it gathering dust, said he didn't want it and gave me it. I've heard it's pretty rare but I've not taken the time to check out just how rare it is... :wink: :wink:

'Interior Music' - only two tracks, both exactly the same but the first has speaking over the top. More ambient soundscape then music - I really enjoy listening to my bootleg copy!

The above list is 'officially' rare stuff, but quite a number of his releases have become rare over time... "Jarremix", "Odyssey Thru O2", and "Jarre Hong Kong" spring immediately to mind...
web: http://www.wix.com/carlpurkins/the-carl-purkins-website
email: carlpurkins@yahoo.com
blog: carlpurkins.blogspot.com

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre
Post Posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:41 pm
CLUBMIX
Representative Admin, Discography Expert

about "MFS" vinyl copy..... mind doing some photographs of the front and back sleeve, as well as some scans of the record labels? I would like to put these images into my website. Thanks very much :nod:
Official Zoolook Partner
Post Posted Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:12 pm
Rubberlips

CLUBMIX wrote:about "MFS" vinyl copy..... mind doing some photographs of the front and back sleeve, as well as some scans of the record labels? I would like to put these images into my website. Thanks very much :nod:
Er... I can't put my hands on it at the moment. I promise I will as soon as, er... er... as soon as I get hold of a camera! :oops: :oops:
web: http://www.wix.com/carlpurkins/the-carl-purkins-website
email: carlpurkins@yahoo.com
blog: carlpurkins.blogspot.com

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre

2020 Zoolook.nl