Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)


Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:34 pm
Big time


User avatar
Posts: 2017
Location: CPH Denmark

Christophe wrote:
Robi wrote:Who has expected an Oxygene / or Zoolook / or Chronologie style album in 2015 ?

Anyway.
Some of them here living in this bubble! And they don't accept anything out of that! I don't like everything what Jarre does but my mind is more wide and don't judge immediately. I will listen first carefully. Not judging 2 minutes or even 46 second of music. Ok, if you don't like it since the beginning, I understand. But how you can judge a whole album only from a short part of a song that will be including on the new album. Poor people, go back in your cave and listen 24h/24h to Oxygene or Equinoxe. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
"Who has expected an Oxygene / or Zoolook / or Chronologie style album in 2015?"

WE don't expect anything. WE hope (for Jarre's own sake) that it's a damn good quality album. And WE don't care in which style that is.. And I'm happy to repeat that for those (Christophe/Robi) who really seem to have a VERY hard time understanding this:

"And WE don't care in which style that is". Got it now?? No?? Well, I didn't this so..

Christophe, as always you sound like a child with a very very low .. :roll:

"But how you can judge a whole album only from a short part of a song that will be including on the new album. Poor people, go back in your cave and listen 24h/24h to Oxygene or Equinoxe. :wink:"

Again I will ask, WHO in here has made an judgement of the whole album?? I haven't heard it yet.. Anyone else heard it?

Poor poor Christophe, if only YOU would come out of YOUR cave, then maybe, just maybe, you would evolve and possibly grow a .... (And I'm not talking about a beard)

Robi & Christophe: This forum is NOT a kindergarden, this is a forum for grown ups, and if you don't like peoples opinions on stuff, then go to your parents about it..


Greeeeetings!
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:48 pm
Robi


Posts: 3340
Location: Kiskoros, Hungary

Big time wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Robi wrote:Who has expected an Oxygene / or Zoolook / or Chronologie style album in 2015 ?

Anyway.
Some of them here living in this bubble! And they don't accept anything out of that! I don't like everything what Jarre does but my mind is more wide and don't judge immediately. I will listen first carefully. Not judging 2 minutes or even 46 second of music. Ok, if you don't like it since the beginning, I understand. But how you can judge a whole album only from a short part of a song that will be including on the new album. Poor people, go back in your cave and listen 24h/24h to Oxygene or Equinoxe. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
go to your parents about it..
I did but they told me it's my business.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:26 pm
Christophe


User avatar
Posts: 1505
Location: Wommelgem, Belgium

To Big time: I don't want to fight here with you, I'm to old for such childish things. :wink:

Greetings,


Christophe
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:34 pm
Big time


User avatar
Posts: 2017
Location: CPH Denmark

Christophe wrote:To Big time: I don't want to fight here with you, I'm to old for such childish things. :wink:

Greetings,


Christophe
There's no fighting going on, but it looks like you, finally, got the message.
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 pm
Christophe


User avatar
Posts: 1505
Location: Wommelgem, Belgium

Big time wrote:
Christophe wrote:To Big time: I don't want to fight here with you, I'm to old for such childish things. :wink:

Greetings,


Christophe
There's no fighting going on, but it looks like you, finally, got the message.
It's better to discuse the new song and future album properly without judging others with a different opinion. Peace at all! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:08 pm
Black Bird


User avatar
Posts: 426
Location: Germany

That´s right :)

This is not the expected studio album, but a small part of the cooperation with one of the other artists.

He will polarize and stimulate discussion. The idea of temporary cooperation of similar products are also used in other industries with success. (For Example : I go to the nail designer, I get a good discount voucher for a special hairdresser not far away, there are coupons for the nail designer and manufacturer of cosmetics distributed) Mutual advertising. That's not bad. …I personally havn`t known about a group called M83 before. I have now looked at several videos on Youtube of them. I know them now, but sorry, I do not like anything. ( It could be otherwise) Many people under 35 do not know about JMJ. He has his prominent time just now long behind him. For him a good way for him to become well known among fans of other groups and artists.
Perhaps no one will find all tracks of the album good . He will probably not expect.
The track does not sound like JMJ, but I think that will not be wanted. On the one hand, there is a cheat pack for JMJ fans. Chronic critics will say he alone can compose no more. But why should M83 contribute to a song if it sounds by JMJ? That's probably it will be the same with the other tracks. Hans Zimmer will sound like Hans Zimmer and Tangerine Dream like Tangerine Dream (unfortunately the last piece of Edgar Froese), etc. etc. Probably!

Perhaps it would have been better if the album will be out under the heading: "JMJ presents his favorite artists" , and nothing told about “collaboration”.???

I will judge about the album when I heard everything, but I can judge about a single track like this before. It´s not my music, but about the album probably... I will like some tracks, and some I don`t. It's all a matter of personal taste.
It's great everyone can pick out and buy his own raisins :mrgreen: Not the unwanted
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:18 pm
Big time


User avatar
Posts: 2017
Location: CPH Denmark

Christophe wrote:
Big time wrote:
Christophe wrote:To Big time: I don't want to fight here with you, I'm to old for such childish things. :wink:

Greetings,


Christophe
There's no fighting going on, but it looks like you, finally, got the message.
It's better to discuse the new song and future album properly without judging others with a different opinion. Peace at all! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
That's nice, so I guess you won't be posting things like this anymore..

"Some of them here living in this bubble! And they don't accept anything out of that!"

"Poor people, go back in your cave and listen 24h/24h to Oxygene or Equinoxe"..
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:19 am
millau


Posts: 44
Location: France

Love it! Not saying that Spacelab is one of my favorite Kraftwerk tracks. You made a great cover man. Not knowing that I could tell Kraftwerk themselves are playing ;)
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm
Velodynamic


User avatar
Posts: 3437
Location: Sweden, far north

Velodynamic wrote:
millau wrote:Nice track from Jarre & M83. I realy don't care what some of the Jarre fans say here on this forum(sounds like Coldplay). The track is very good. I like it a lot!
Good for you! Come back next year and tell how good it still is. I wish you all the best of luck.
What is this all about? I like the track, and I will like the track next year too.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm
millau


Posts: 44
Location: France

millau wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:
millau wrote:Nice track from Jarre & M83. I realy don't care what some of the Jarre fans say here on this forum(sounds like Coldplay). The track is very good. I like it a lot!
Good for you! Come back next year and tell how good it still is. I wish you all the best of luck.
What is this all about? I like the track, and I will like the track next year too.
Have you listened to the whole track already? :P
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:14 pm
jeanbatman


User avatar
Posts: 862
Location: Lille, France

May I confess the past three days, I have been spending more time on the ignore page rather than on the topic itself… :roll:
Post Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:09 pm
Velodynamic


User avatar
Posts: 3437
Location: Sweden, far north

Well I guess we all just have to sit tight and wait until the end of May / earlie June whenever the final single release is expected for a definitive estimation. This accusations game is leading nowhere.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:08 am
Dr_Jones


User avatar
Posts: 2520
Likes given: 28
Likes received  : 43

Black Bird wrote:Chronic critics will say he alone can compose no more. But why should M83 contribute to a song if it sounds by JMJ? That's probably it will be the same with the other tracks. Hans Zimmer will sound like Hans Zimmer and Tangerine Dream like Tangerine Dream (unfortunately the last piece of Edgar Froese), etc. etc. Probably!
True, but a track featuring Natasha Atlas still sounds like Jarre, just like a track featuring Sharon Corr.
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:46 pm
bearcub1972


Posts: 9

After promises year on year, there should be something we can remember from Jean - Michel Jarre (note he has put the - back (surely this means something great?)) I am sad to say that as a fan since 86, this will be my last venture unless it provides something I can once again jump around my living room to. Of course everyone is welcome to their own opinion and should not be slagged off (as there are fans doing so here) for voicing their opinion. Just because JMJ releases a new album does not mean we should not all worship the ground he walks on. I think we are all in agreement we are looking for something creative, artistic, innovative and in keeping with the style he has (lost or) been famous for in the past. For me, this snippet does not make me go (wooooooo, wow, amazing, best thing ever,) and pre order a copy. Berate me off if you like for voicing my opinion (and I do not have Oxygene or Equinoxe on repeat constantly,) but it simply sounds like something on loop and doesn't fill me with joy like the prospect of a new CD used to. I wait with baited breath. ????
Post Posted Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:53 pm
Adam


User avatar
Posts: 277
Location: Cornwall,U.K.
Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 3

I've actually had an email from the Sony newsletter !
Glory +++ Glory +++ Glory +++ Glory +++ Sollte der Newsletter nicht richtig angezeigt werden, klicke bitte hier NEWSLETTER World Premier of new Song with M83 in the Interstellar Time Capsule Film


Inspired by Paramount’s Academy Award®-winning epic, Interstellar, Google Play releases EMIC this week- a short film comprised of almost 8,000 video submissions from people all around the world, highlighting the human spirit and how that manifests itself around the globe. From director and editor David Brodie (The Witness, Survivors) and creative director Angus Wall (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network), the short film is available to audiences for free on Google Play.

Watch the film to the end and listen to a new Jean-Michel Jarre track with M83 called "Glory" in the end credits g.co/EMIC


“Glory”, by Jean-Michel Jarre & M83, is an excerpt from Jean-Michel Jarre’s forthcoming new studio Album.
A bit late seeing as we already knew this over a week ago !







  • cron
    2020 Zoolook.nl
    Powered by phpBB forum software
     

     

    cron