Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 28
Likes received  : 43

Black Bird wrote: But I think it is a pity, that we don´t get more Information about the recording. (For Example..who played the giutar ?)
My guess it's JMJ himself:
Post Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:37 pm
Christophe

Dr_Jones wrote:
Black Bird wrote: But I think it is a pity, that we don´t get more Information about the recording. (For Example..who played the giutar ?)
My guess it's JMJ himself:
I guess if it's a remix of JMJ, he let his creativity run and play the guitar. We know that he can play guitar. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 pm
Christophe

Black Bird wrote:Your wife has good taste :wink: :mrgreen:
Yes, I know she have good taste! That's why she choose me 6 years ago and mary me 5 years ago. :mrgreen: :D :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 am
Elf

Jote wrote: There's also one more thing about "Glory" that speaks to me much better than "Conquistador". It has MELODY. A catchy one. I can actually HUM IT. I guess I like tracks I can replay in my head without actually listening to them.
Really? I love it when Jarre plays around with sounds instead of creating melodies. That's why my favourite tracks with him are the ones that only have hints of melody. And sometimes he even manages to make his tracks catchy without much melody, like Arpegiator (give it a listen, there's really not much melodies and tunes going on there).

My favourite parts of his albums are always the ones where there's little melody going on. Best track on Chronologie is Chronologie 7, for instance.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:58 pm
millau

Jote wrote: There's also one more thing about "Glory" that speaks to me much better than "Conquistador". It has MELODY. A catchy one. I can actually HUM IT. I guess I like tracks I can replay in my head without actually listening to them.

I have the same opinion, I also like Glory more than Conquistador.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:38 pm
Christophe

millau wrote:

I have the same opinion, I also like Glory more than Conquistador.
I can't say I like at the moment. I only listen snippets of it. I need to listen the compete song and then I can judge. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:17 pm
al

Jote wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:What is truly "Jarresque music" anyway?
1976-1996 :)
Why 1996 and not 1997? You don't consider Oxygene 7-13 as truly "Jarresque music"?
Concerts attended:
Oxygene Tour 2008: Bucharest (10.11.2008)
Tour 2010: Bucharest (03.06.2010)
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:53 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I thought Oxygene 7-13, Aero (new tracks), Geometry of Love and a couple of tracks of Téo & Téa fit right in the Jarresque category. The only real one I see as something completely non-Jarre is Sessions 2000. That album is just boring with exception of March 23.

Also, so far I haven't actually given Glory completely a listening. Just find it awful along with Conquistador. Hopefully the actual album will have some good stuff, but so far it does nothing for me...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:51 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 21

al wrote:
Jote wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:What is truly "Jarresque music" anyway?
1976-1996 :)
Why 1996 and not 1997? You don't consider Oxygene 7-13 as truly "Jarresque music"?
No, not really. It's precisely this album where JMJ started using new chords and harmonies that are not in line with his previous work - the one I fell in love with.
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:43 pm
Velodynamic

I remember when I was 15 and I found the album Revolutions in a store (1990). When I got home and listened to it for the first time I found myself in a state of chock!
I couldn't for my life understand what the hell Jean-Michel Jarre was doing in that album because it was so totally different from what I used to like about his music and it took me years to finally appreciate some good stuff in it.
I still have some hard times with Tokyo Kid, Computer Weekend and September. This is just one out of several path changes I've discovered through his career. JMJ has always been unpredictable and will always be.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:52 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 21
Likes received  : 10

The main thing that bothers me with these collaborations - and not just JMJ's - is that you really just keep on wondering how much of it is really by one artist and how much is the other's work. Songs like Under Pressure by Queen/David Bowie is one of the rare ones where it doesn't matter at all who made what, because the song itself is just so damn good. With these glories and conquistadors (I still prefer the latter, it's very QVDUS), there's no similar feeling, to be honest.

(My favorite post-1997 Jarre work would still be Paris Bourges )
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:08 pm
Elf

Velodynamic wrote:I remember when I was 15 and I found the album Revolutions in a store (1990). When I got home and listened to it for the first time I found myself in a state of chock!
I couldn't for my life understand what the hell Jean-Michel Jarre was doing in that album because it was so totally different from what I used to like about his music and it took me years to finally appreciate some good stuff in it.
I have a soft spot for Revolutions. It came out on my 16th birthday, and it was the first Jarre album I knew would be coming out in advance, so I was painstakingly waiting for it. And when you are 16, you still haven't become cynical about music, so I didn't care that it wasn't a ground breaking or forward thinking album.

Nowadays I realise that the album is filled with presets, and synth-wise it's a bit lazy. The music is also very over the top, and I fully understand why some people really loathe Jarre's music.

But it doesn't matter. There are some great soloing going on, and listening to the album I'm filled with great memories of an innocent and fun time. And I think that's the main point with music. So I like it, even though I know that if it had been released today, I most likely wouldn't.
Velodynamic wrote:I still have some hard times with Tokyo Kid, Computer Weekend and September. It is just one out of several path changes I've discovered through his career. JMJ has always been unpredictable and will always be.
Tokyo Kid is the best track on the album. It's the only song on there that shows any sign of real creativity, and it is actually quite fresh, displaying a style that others wouldn't really do until the mid 90s.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 pm
Velodynamic

Elf wrote: Tokyo Kid is the best track on the album. It's the only song on there that shows any sign of real creativity, and it is actually quite fresh, displaying a style that others wouldn't really do until the mid 90s.
Maybe it is that annoying "trumpet" sound (whatever) that really puts me off. Sure it could maybe sound great to the more Jazz oriented people. I don't know of that.
The bombastic parts of Industrial Revolution is rather my cup of tea I guess.

Let's hope JMJ has got a back-up plan if this collaborations album doesn't turn out well.
Something like a second album all by himself.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue May 05, 2015 1:09 pm
Voyager37

Likes given: 2

I can't buy the single and can't see Beatport page too. :( I guess that's really geographical (or political) restriction. I seem it's cultural sanctions against Russia. :)
Post Posted Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm
Robi

Voyager37 wrote:I can't buy the single and can't see Beatport page too. :( I guess that's really geographical (or political) restriction. I seem it's cultural sanctions against Russia. :)
Hope we get a physical release!
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"

2020 Zoolook.nl