Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:29 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 2

Elf wrote:Currently writing my review of the album (in Norwegian, but I'll do a translation for you guys).

I can sum it up thusly: I love it! 8 out of 10 (maybe 7, not quite sure, yet).

And I gave T & T 2 out of 10. :)
What qualifies you or any other reviewer (Mojo, Q, etc) to give marks, stars on an album ... conceited.
Post Posted Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:28 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Velodynamic wrote:If you pre-ordered some of the box sets you should also have a link to pre-order part 2 somewhere on your e-mails. The links are only in the e-mails.

Mydiscdirect e-mailed me with a link to pre-order part 2 of the fan-box and so I did.
But it doesn't really matter for me now when they withdraw my orders and I gave them the finger. :nod:
Where should the link in the email be than? I just rechecked the email, but there's only links to the order page. But absolutely nothing about the second box in the email...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:16 am
Velodynamic

shadow wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:If you pre-ordered some of the box sets you should also have a link to pre-order part 2 somewhere on your e-mails. The links are only in the e-mails.

Mydiscdirect e-mailed me with a link to pre-order part 2 of the fan-box and so I did.
But it doesn't really matter for me now when they withdraw my orders and I gave them the finger. :nod:
Where should the link in the email be than? I just rechecked the email, but there's only links to the order page. But absolutely nothing about the second box in the email...
It should've looked something like this.

"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:22 am
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I've never received an email like that. I only received one that looks like this (but with more information about the download links).

I guess I'll email them and see if I can get some conformation about the second box.

Edit: Just send an email, I assume I'll be receiving an answer without a few days. I really don't want to miss out on the second deluxe boxset.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:01 am
Vumiko

Apparently the entire album is streaming in Canada for free; can anyone from Canada confirm? It's region locked :x

http://music.cbc.ca/#!/play/Andrea-Warn ... me-Machine
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:08 am
maczag

Vumiko wrote:Apparently the entire album is streaming in Canada for free; can anyone from Canada confirm? It's region locked :x

Yes it does. And it's amazing. Close Your Eyes with AIR is the best one in my opinion. A purely organic electronic bliss, mostly because of the rich bass and Dunkel's voice on the vocoder. The piece is a kind of electronic music's history crescendo in an almost sensual way.
Automatic part 1 and 2 is also insanely good. We can hear real JMJ on those tracks.

We don't get to see JMJ most often here in Canada, but as least we can hear the album first :hypocrit:
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:26 am
jarrepaul

shadow wrote:I've never received an email like that. I only received one that looks like this (but with more information about the download links).

I guess I'll email them and see if I can get some conformation about the second box.

Edit: Just send an email, I assume I'll be receiving an answer without a few days. I really don't want to miss out on the second deluxe boxset.
Yes just email them. I had to for the fan box. I cancelled deluxe box set as work really bad at the minute and I needed the money. So ordered the fan box instead.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:15 am
Elf

shadow wrote:You really that negative about T&T? No redeeming factors for you?
Yes, it did have some redeeming factors. That's why I gave it 2 :)

(Vintage and the title track)
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:17 am
Elf

Jote wrote:
Elf wrote:Currently writing my review of the album (in Norwegian, but I'll do a translation for you guys).

Lucky you to have the album already. Can't wait.
I got access to Sony's promo site since I write about and review music
-Elf-
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:18 am
Elf

plate of chips wrote:

What qualifies you or any other reviewer (Mojo, Q, etc) to give marks, stars on an album ... conceited.
Can' t speak for other reviewers, but I'm qualified because I actually got a clue about music. Geez, you gotta ask? ;)
-Elf-
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:00 am
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 21

Vumiko wrote:Apparently the entire album is streaming in Canada for free; can anyone from Canada confirm? It's region locked :x

Thanks for the link, Vumiko, you've made my day! What a perfect way to start the week.

Oddly enough, Question of Blood is not on the playlist.
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 am
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 21

FYI The track that opens the trailer (which, unfortunately is among my favorites)

does not seem to be on the album. Hope to hear it on vol. 2.
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:37 am
jeanbatman

jerome wrote:According to newspaper Le Parisien, Giorgio Moroder will be on Volume 2...
Great! Two legends of electronic music together!
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:44 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 3

JEAN MICHEL JARRE - VEVO

Suns Have Gone:

Travelator, Pt. 2:

If..!:

The Time Machine:

Close Your Eyes:

Automatic Pt. 1:

Automatic, Pt. 2:

Rely on Me: