Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 21

Wish there was an instrumental version of "Rely on me". There, I said it.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:30 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I gave the album yesterday the first go and today another two to see how it would feel and I have to agree it's a great album. The collaborations worked very well on pretty much every track. There are a few tracks that I do find lacking: Glory is just boring still, If! is a very very weak pop song, Conquistador and Watching You feels out of place. Note the last two are not bad in any way, but I think that the Jarre Extended Remix and Jarre Mix would have been a better fit for the album when I listen to the entire album in one go. I do think that the Elka is overused overall, it's a great sound sure, but it's in one to many tracks, especially in The Train And The River it just feels out of place. I get the idea of everything at your fingertips but still. And I agree that "Do not leave the building." in Rely On Me also feels out of place.

I guess my favorite tracks are: The Time Machine, Rely On Me, Automatic, Travelator Pt. 2 (where's Pt. 1 BTW? :P ) and The Train And The River.

Also anyone else who finds that The Train And The River has a feeling of Alive in Bourges?
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:01 pm
Alan

Quite an amazing album. I have waited such a long time to have something within my hands that completely blows you away. Jean Michel has taken himself to another level in how music is thought about and created.

The album takes us in a journey of discovery deep within our imaginations, of what part 2 will me.

This album has been created and thought about for many years. You can feel and see how much love and devotion was put into such a creation of beauty.

I congratulate you Jean Michel on what you have done and how you have brought together amazing musicians who love their music.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:10 pm
jarrepaul

shadow wrote:I gave the album yesterday the first go and today another two to see how it would feel and I have to agree it's a great album. The collaborations worked very well on pretty much every track. There are a few tracks that I do find lacking: Glory is just boring still, If! is a very very weak pop song, Conquistador and Watching You feels out of place. Note the last two are not bad in any way, but I think that the Jarre Extended Remix and Jarre Mix would have been a better fit for the album when I listen to the entire album in one go. I do think that the Elka is overused overall, it's a great sound sure, but it's in one to many tracks, especially in The Train And The River it just feels out of place. I get the idea of everything at your fingertips but still. And I agree that "Do not leave the building." in Rely On Me also feels out of place.

I guess my favorite tracks are: The Time Machine, Rely On Me, Automatic, Travelator Pt. 2 (where's Pt. 1 BTW? :P ) and The Train And The River.

I said that on Facebook the other week about The Train and the River. Also the Time Machine has Spy Hunter 80's Arcade game theme lol

Also anyone else who finds that The Train And The River has a feeling of Alive in Bourges?
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:15 pm
Ziggy

My problem is that i got a track and trace number but it doesn't exist.
So i hope my box wil arrive tomorrow

And anybody (esp. the dutch) know this track:

And now listen to sons have gone

Also imho Rely on me is very close to madonna - Justify my love
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:19 pm
Hans_Best

Finaero wrote:[...]
Oh, and my number is 229/1000 ;)
... 171/1000 ;) - I'm a huge fan of those kind of boxes, and I'm not disappointed at all. Yes, there could have been more (as always), i.e. making of videos and more multimedia stuff, but at the end it's the music.

I don't like Glory or If! that much, but there are quite a lot of tracks, which sound really great and I agree, that this is finally a great album at all.

Hopefully there will be a chance to listen to some of the tracks live, somewhere, sometime...

Regards,

Hans
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:19 pm
Goudeskitchen

On a completely separate note, has anyone from the UK had the deluxe box delivered yet? I'm just wondering if I need to start making some angry phone calls if the courier has sent it to the wrong street (again!!!)! :punch:
Shows attended:

06/10/2010: Tour '2010': CIA, Cardiff, Wales
04/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales
08/10/2016: Electronica Tour, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England

My stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/jonathangoode
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 pm
Jote

shadow wrote: Travelator Pt. 2 (where's Pt. 1 BTW? :P )
It will be released together with part 3 later this year. Do you even read this forum? ;)
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:32 pm
shadow

Well I can't read every post now that school has started again! :P

But later this year? So they'll be completely separate? Or is there no information yet on them being on the second box?

Edit: I just noticed that the album has been removed (hidden?) from the YouTube channel. Might have been a mistake?
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:41 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 28
Likes received  : 43

A little unclear what the deal is with Travelator 1 and 3. One time jmj said there would be an EP with 3 parts, another interview mentioned part 1 being on Electronica 2
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 pm
shadow

So it basically comes down to this?

Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Likes received  : 1

The vinyls from the Deluxe Box contain the Megamix/Continuous mix.
:q!
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:37 pm
Jote

The more I listen to the "Time Machine" track, the more I'm convinced that we need a "Track Story" video for it. It's the title track after all, and a damn good one.
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 pm
shadow

1906 wrote:The vinyls from the Deluxe Box contain the Megamix/Continuous mix.
I still don't own a new pickup to play them myself so I couldn't check, but this is pretty good news! But is this exclusive for the Deluxe Box or also the Fan/regular vinyls? Anyone with those who can check this out?
Post Posted Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Likes received  : 1

shadow wrote:
1906 wrote:The vinyls from the Deluxe Box contain the Megamix/Continuous mix.
I still don't own a new pickup to play them myself so I couldn't check, but this is pretty good news! But is this exclusive for the Deluxe Box or also the Fan/regular vinyls? Anyone with those who can check this out?
..good question.

BTW
'All the people on my new album are geeks’

https://jmjarrefan.wordpress.com/2015/1 ... are-geeks/
:q!

2020 Zoolook.nl