Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:42 pm
ralf

Very original track.
Jean Michel Jarre Forever!!
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:27 pm
Alan

Jean Michel Jarre & Lang Lang The Train And The River. A awesome track. If you listen very closely you can he the old and new of Jean Michel Jarre. :D :D :D
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:29 pm
Alan

I can se this being played in a live show/concert :D :D :D :D :D
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:42 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Kanta wrote:

Louis Hallonet - Recording in progress #bbcradio2 #promotour #tracksofmyyears #jmjelectronica - 28 September 2015

Source:
That is the great Ken Bruce JMJ is talking too on BBC Radio 2. There must be a recording out there of this.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:00 pm
funkygreenalien

rinogurr wrote:Jean-Michel Jarre & Lang Lang - The Train & The River

http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/G80YLviB/file.html
Thanks for sharing. But this track (from what I have heard) is not "my cup of tea". It sounds not very original in style. For me(from what i have heard so far), this track is not so good. No matter if Jarre used some old sounds or whatever. I don't like this kind of "cocktail bar" music.
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:26 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Nikos Aliagas - #50minside sur @tf1 #interview le boss de la musique électronique @jeanmicheljarre #Electronica - 1 October 2015

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:55 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

rinogurr wrote:Jean-Michel Jarre & Lang Lang - The Train & The River

http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/G80YLviB/file.html
Yeah, whe know the video and all and *downloads* WAIT WHAT?!?!?

Cool stuff!!
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:01 pm
Elf

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Great track! Experimental and beautiful, and at times quite catchy.

Jarre seems inspired!
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:37 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Oh wait, it's October already. I think I'll refrain from listening to excerpts et al of any unreleased (as in, not on Spotify) Electronica tracks until release.

(Here's hoping the boxset won't be damaged during shipping, since my Queen Studio Collection LP set had its outer cardboard cover crumpled under the weight of the box. HOORAY.)
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

Mercedes-Benz World Star Trailer 2016
Music : Jean-Michel Jarre, Armin van Buuren - Stardust

Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:00 am
Kanta

Jeff Mills to appear on Electronica 2 - 1 October 2015

"Jeff Mills is a very sensitive artist who thinks a lot and has a journey in progress. I really wanted to work with him" - Jean-Michel Jarre

Source: http://www.metamusique.fr/2015/10/jean- ... mills.html
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:58 am
Kanta

Jean-Michel Jarre - Official JeanMichelJarreVEVO - 2 October 2015

Jean-Michel Jarre, Lang Lang - Jean-Michel Jarre with Lang Lang Track Story
Published on 2 October 2015
Music video by Jean-Michel Jarre, Lang Lang performing Jean-Michel Jarre with Lang Lang Track Story. (C) 2015 Music Affair Entertainment Ltd. under exclusive license to Sony Music Entertainment Germany GmbH

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 pm
Kanta

Louis Hallonet - Shooting in progress @gq @jeanmicheljarre #jmjelectronica - 2 October 2015

Source:

Matthieu culleron - Dans la caverne d'Ali Baba de Jean-Michel Jarre. Y'a du lourd ! - 2 October 2015

Source:

Steven Bellery - Petite photo d’après-interview avec Jean-Michel Jarre dans son studio de Bougival #JeanMichelJarre #Electronica - 2 October 2015

Source:

BBC Radio 6 Music - @jeanmicheljarre talks about key musical moments in his career so far. - 2 October 2015
This Sunday at 1pm: http://bbc.in/1QMSRvt

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:18 pm
funkygreenalien

Do not know if I can post it here, but the full album is leaked and is ready for DL.
Post Posted Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:40 pm
Kanta

funkygreenalien wrote:Do not know if I can post it here, but the full album is leaked and is ready for DL.
Does not surprise me. T&T was the same.

INTERVIEW - Electronica, the "The Time Machine" by Jean-Michel Jarre
By Julien Baldacchino, France Bleu - 2 October 2015

Jean-Michel Jarre has created a part of the album in his studio at his home © Radio France - Julien Baldacchino

Eight years after his last album, Jean-Michel Jarre is back with Electronica, a project for which it is surrounded by about thirty guest musicians. The first of two albums of this project comes out October 16. Francebleu.fr met the musician 80 million records sold.

Synthesizers left, right, at the bottom ... Between four hooded black walls, in a small house near Paris, the studio of Jean-Michel Jarre is a sanctuary of electronic music. In subdued light from a large glass chandelier, this is where the creator of Oxygene, Equinoxe, Zoolook and Appointment composed his albums, repeat his performances ... and this is also where he received Francebleu.fr to present his new album, Electronica.

Eight years after his last album, Jean-Michel Jarre is back with a series of eclectic collaborations The first part of this project, Electronica. 1 - The Time Machine comes out October 16 (Sony Music ed.). Two weeks before its release, Jean-Michel Jarre gave us the scenes of his creation.

How did this collaboration album, Electronica 1?

I do not want to make guest appearances, as they say in English, where they send a file to someone you never met, who will put his voice on the song you've done and who you n 'will never have any contact. There, my project was to meet the other musicians systematically. It was a bit of a journey of initiation to me for three to four years. Initially, I developed a demo [a preparatory version ed] to offer them a working track. And then I went to meet them all over the world.

But what exactly is a "collaboration" in electronic music? How do they work two musicians duet?

Electronic music is music that is quite solitary way, everyone in his studio. Moby, I came to realize how one works differently. Him, he cut the song, and fills each serving one after another. While I, I tend to play each instrument from one end to the other of the piece, and then superimpose the layers like a mille-feuilles.

Another example, with the duo Air, they and I have pooled some of the instruments that we used on our own in the past to revisit 80 years of technology history through electronic music.

Precisely, this album is subtitled "The time machine", and you've invited artists from four different generations. It is a way to reverse 40 years of history of electronic music?

There is this idea of ​​The Time Machine yes, both in the past and in the future. And then there's the idea of ​​revisiting what made the style of each decade ... while showing that this music is timeless. If we take the piece I did with Tangerine Dream [a German band that started in the 70s, note] and the one I did with a young English band called Fuck Buttons, it is very difficult knowing that each have 20 years and the others are from my generation!

And some titles also evoke the style of your older albums like Oxygene or Timeline. Looks like it's also a way of revisiting genres through which you passed during your career ...

What you say makes me feel! May disappoint those who think that every album has to be completely new, I am convinced that an artist, in his life, always the same. It does not stop to decline the same idea. That's called style. Take the Beatles or Stanley Kubrick, they always tell the same thing, but they decline their obsession and their ideal lifetime.

Obviously in Electronica include snippets from previous albums, but in another context. This album is the heir of the past, and yet it has nothing to do.

You recorded a song with the artist Laurie Anderson, "Rely on me," which tells a love story ... with a mobile phone?

Yes, I would imagine a love story between a human and a mobile phone, at a time when we spend more time stroking his smartphone that caress his partner. It is a very attractive piece, both strangely robotic and very sensual, with the voice of Laurie.

But this love story ends up wrong ... It is not surprising, coming from a musician who manipulates computers for years?

This is because the technology has a dark side! It is interesting that Google has a nice side all round, soft colors in its logo, and at the same time it hides something that is worthy of Big Brother in 1984.

All that was science fiction at the time I did Oxygene, it became reality. And Electronica, which is a journey through the history of technology, there is this dark side ... the dark side of the force! (laughs)

And in this song, as in many other of the album, there are words. This is not the first time you put words in your songs [album Metamorphoses in 1999 contained the words, note], but it can destabilize the public knows that especially Oxygene and Equinoxe ...

I have absolutely no thought, choosing the collaborations, the fact that some of these musicians could make music sung. At the same time, all the people singing in this album do not consider themselves as singers. Rather, they are musicians who use their voice as sound. This is the case Moby or air, for example.

The album is called Electronica 1 ... there will be a number 2?

Yes, I'm just finishing mixing of this second part, which comes out in April. There is no concept like night and day, the present and the future. It's just that for reasons of time, it was split in two. There are fifteen employees, very different people, like Sébastien Tellier or Hans Zimmer [the composer of the music of the Lion King, ed] ... I will not list them all because you have to keep it a surprise!

In the album, there is a "continuous mix" to listen to the album in one go, from beginning to end. This is how you recommend to listen to?

Electronica can be designed in two ways. Today, we are in continuous zapping info, music. At the same time, we are also in a period where we can make the entire season of House of Cards or Breaking Bad continuously!

It's the same with my drive: one can go pecking music on YouTube or iTunes, select a song because we know the employee and discover others, or we can listen in continuity. My choice as a musician, it's obviously going to listen, because it's like a real journey, a soundtrack of the relationship that each has with different styles of music.

Are you going to concerts with the new album?

I did not ask the scene when I started Electronica, four years ago. And then I started to think about while telling me that having worked with collaborators should not prevent me, if I want to do concerts. There are a lot of instrumental pieces that do not necessarily require the presence of the other systémtatique.

And above all, there are a number of employees who said they were ready to come with me on stage at one time or another. So I'll start with a festival tour in April, then tour around the world until the end of 2017, with many concerts in France. And I think some employees will join me at times on the road. Each concert will be a little different.

"I am convinced that an artist, in his life, always doing the same thing"

"At first we thought the Internet was a world where everyone holds hands"

"Some employees will join me on the tour"

Jean-Michel Jarre and Radio France

Did you know? It's the home of the radio that Jean-Michel Jarre began his career! In 1968 he met a musician named Pierre Schaeffer, who does integrate the Groupe de Recherches Musicales (GRM), a group of musicians who study experimental music ... and thus the first synthesizers. But this group was part of the ORTF, the freshly inaugurated Round House. For Jean-Michel Jarre, this album back in time is "more than ever linked to Radio France":

Source: https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/culture ... 1443795630
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010