Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica 2: The Heart of Noise by Jean-Michel Jarre

Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 6:50 pm
Hans_Best

Violator wrote:
Hans_Best wrote:pure white noise 148 minutes
This is why the album called "The Heart of Noise".
Ymmd :mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:02 pm
Hans_Best

No. Like all online retailers run by the record companies themselves (or on behalf of them) suck big time. It's pretty incredible how they manage to fuck up. Universal's store fucked up every single Mike Oldfield shipment to me. They still owe me money from one that I never got. I've given up on reclaiming it.
And they are really wondering why people are downloading music illegally... :|
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:22 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

Robi wrote:Altough my cd has not arrived yet, I heared 1-minute snipets of each tracks.

Yes, I will buy the cd ya know that retro thing. :)
Only reason I don't have a disc is because the second boxset was delayed :P
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 pm
PsychNerD

Hi everyone,

I am reading you all having problems with downloads, be sure this has been forwarded at this very moment to Jarre's management. Even if the Heart of "Noise" joke made me chuckle, this is obviously unacceptable for you, wherever the problem occurred. Hopefully fixed soon. I'll personally keep you updated.
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:49 pm
Hans_Best

PsychNerD wrote:Hi everyone,

I am reading you all having problems with downloads, be sure this has been forwarded at this very moment to Jarre's management. Even if the "Heart of Noise" joke made me chuckle, this is obviously unacceptable for you, wherever the problem occurred. Hopefully fixed soon. I'll personally keep you updated.

Let's hope so, by goodness!
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 7:58 pm
dlaivison

I really liked the following tracks : "Why this, Why that and Why" (super track) , Brick England, Heart of Noise 1/2, Swipe to Right , Gisele, Here for you, Falling down and Circus.
Exit and The Architect they are also good .. although I would classify them as soundscapes.

These creatures reminds me Enya a lot as Circus reminds me Daft Punk.
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 8:36 pm
Robi

PsychNerD wrote:Hi everyone,

I am reading you all having problems with downloads, be sure this has been forwarded at this very moment to Jarre's management. Even if the "Heart of Noise" joke made me chuckle, this is obviously unacceptable for you, wherever the problem occurred. Hopefully fixed soon. I'll personally keep you updated.
Joke? What?
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 9:13 pm
Christophe

I love "Why This, Why That and Why". I want to hear an instrumental version of it. Not because Dieter Meiers voice is annoying. No, his voice is iconic. But only for the curiosity. :D :wink:

Can't wait to see and hear the new songs live at the Electronica World tour. I still wonder how they will solve the problem with the collaborations. They will not come all to joining the tour. May be we will think about something similar like the tour of the Gorillaz with screens on stage and virtual images of the collaborated artists. I don't know. Still guessing! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 10:01 pm
jeanbatman

Tim Prevett's Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica Volume Two - First Fan Listen Reaction and Review
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Likes received  : 1

Dr_Jones wrote:
Ziggy wrote:Here is one for you.
Did somebody check the DR values?
If you download the stems for HOT and export them yourself would it be better?
I've posted the DR results a few pages ago. Average DR of 4
The picture says it all:

top: Heart of Noise part 1 & 2, CD version
bottom: Mixdown of stems from beatport
:q!
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 11:03 pm
shadow

Any way to download the stems without signing up? :hypocrit:
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 11:12 pm
starmike

I just got word from MyPlay. They were able to reproduce the problem and will get back to me.
Post Posted Fri May 06, 2016 11:26 pm
shadow

They were able to reproduce the problem? And what if they didn't? We'd be fucked!? :|
Post Posted Sat May 07, 2016 12:16 am
docklands88

I too have the white noise/static issue with my album download therefore I sent an email to the relevant people.

Pretty shoddy management/preparation if you ask me. People have been looking forward to this since E1. Luckily I picked up a CD copy in store as well so I'm listening to that as I type right now. So far the new album is...

UTTERLY INCREDIBLE, FAR FAR BETTER THAN E1 in my opinion, it's a magnificent and sublime piece of work and I still have half the album to go. It's so great to have the master back on TOP FORM for both E1 & E2.

Pete.
x
Concerts Attended :

Tour 2010: Cardiff CIA 06/10/10
Electronica World Tour: Cardiff CIA 04/10/16

Favorite Concert: Destination Docklands 1988
Post Posted Sat May 07, 2016 7:23 am
funkygreenalien

OMG, I love motorhead.

2020 Zoolook.nl