Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe Infinity - 16 November 2018

Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:09 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 2

synthmann wrote: movement 6, I love it! It's a catchy tune done to perfection, the way only Jarre can craft and blend sounds on top of a rhythmic pulsing bassline.
for me it's a great blend between Computer Weekend and Equinoxe 5.
Computer Weekend underrated JmJ composition : one of his cleverest.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 2

synthmann wrote:movement 3 I just discovered that it's out yesterday but I'm positive it will grow on my once I find the themes in the mellotron melody, because at first listen it didn't feel like the melody had clear direction.
This is what makes Movement3 Mellotron melody interesting.
As soon as I heard the melody I thought Brilliant.
Its not a basic rendevous4, chronologie4 melody I am glad JmJ avoided.
However, unnecessary percussion should been omitted.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Oxynoxe

plate of chips wrote:Computer Weekend underrated JmJ composition : one of his cleverest.
Underrated? Really?

Some call Movement 6 'cheesy' - and yeah, it's the same cheese like 'Computer Weekend' 30 years before.
If Movement 6 was only the working title, I would call it 'Téo & Téa in Vacation' because it feels indeed like Summer (and having a good time at an Event).
'Infinity (Movement 6)' is not bad, but it's not what I would expect from a sequel of Équinoxe. Of course I agree that tastes are different and some like a thing while others don't.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:22 pm
Jarreshair

I can't agree with Computer Weekend, I think's it's pretty awful. First half of Revolutions is great, then it's all downhill.

So....Movement 8 is actually Coachella opening?
Good, in that I think it's a really good track.
Bad, in that it's another track that doesn't resemble anything from Equinoxe, and it's been on the web for months now, as well as on Planet Jarre.
I feel it's lazy putting on it EI, but as I say it's a good track, so adds the quality of the album.

I'm quite liking Movement 3 now. Movement 6 Isn't as bad as some are saying but it belongs on another album. I do think it is a T&T track but it's not as good as Vintage. If anyone thinks this is the Equinoxe 5 (a Jarre classic) of the album they really do need to give their head a shake.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:43 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 22

"Not fitting with the Équinoxe name" nothwithstanding I can't help but wonder why was even Coachella Opening put on Planet Jarre if it was going to be on Equinoxe Inifnity anyway. Surely it wasn't a last minute addition. We could have gotten Web Spinner instead.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:28 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 23
Likes received  : 12

I've always liked Computer Weekend... even before my appreciation for the album and Roland D-50 increased ten-fold after seeing thhedk's video for the first time.

As for Movement 6, until hearing it for real (~2 weeks left 'til the album is released), I'm gonna resume assuming that it's a mix of that Die Woodys track and Guru Josh's Infinity (with the percussions from Always On My Mind, 'fcourse). ;)
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 pm
LLGARCIA

Hello all,

There are a lot of comments here about Movement 6, but... Where can we find it? :oops:

Thank you
Regards
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:02 pm
Oxynoxe

Edited.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:13 pm
LLGARCIA

Thank you Oxynoxe.

It seems that I will have to skip this one on the album... I'm really disappointed with this track. :cry:
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:02 pm
Jarreshair

Finaero wrote: As for Movement 6, until hearing it for real (~2 weeks left 'til the album is released), I'm gonna resume assuming that it's a mix of that Die Woodys track and Guru Josh's Infinity (with the percussions from Always On My Mind, 'fcourse). ;)
With a little bit of Crazy Frog..
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:34 pm
jarrepaul

I'm loving movement 6. Can't argue if it fits the Equinoxe Sound until I have heard the full album. I'm thankful that we have another new album. Maybe it should not have been called Equinoxe Infinity. People would not be so fast to slate it under a different title. I think Oxygene 3 and Equinoxe Infinity are some of the best work he's done. I would like to know how many people have listened to the full album?.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm
Oxygene

Jote wrote:"Not fitting with the Équinoxe name" nothwithstanding I can't help but wonder why was even Coachella Opening put on Planet Jarre if it was going to be on Equinoxe Inifnity anyway. Surely it wasn't a last minute addition. We could have gotten Web Spinner instead.
Jean-Michel answers this in an interview with the German "Keys" magazine. He says that he composed the track for "Equinoxe Infinity". But he liked the track and thought it would be a good opening for the concerts in America, so he already played it live without telling anything about it. Then he decided to put it on "Planet Jarre" as well, because he liked the idea that the compilation would not only be a retrospective, but also has a link with the future - with an album that doesn't exist yet.
He also stresses in this interview that his motiviation for "Equinoxe Infinity" has never been to create a sequel to Equinoxe (unlike Oxygene 2 & 3). Equinoxe Infinity is for him a soundtrack to the story of the "watchers" and the Equinoxe cover.

Regards,
Oxygene
www.jarrelook.de
93 Berlin I/95 Paris/97 Stuttg.,Munich,Oberh.,
Frankf./02 Aalborg/08 Franf.,Zurich/09 Koblenz,
Zurich/10 Oberh.,Stuttg.,Bamb.,Munich,Mannh.,
Strasb.,Oslo/11 Monaco,Frankf.,Dortm.,Cologne,
Treves, Munich,Zurich/16/17 Frankf.,Berlin,
Düsseld.,Nuremb.,Münster,Berlin,Bonn
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:57 pm
netrom

It could be argued that «Infinity» is quite artificial and lacking in intelligence. But it’s an enjoyable and catchy tune. I’ve kept it on repeat for a while – and it has great energy. Should get the crowd going at dancefloors and festivals.

«Robots Dont Cry» I think is really ingenious. This is quintessential Jarre with several parts that develop the track throughout and resonates so well together. The metalic-esque sound design is great. And there are layers here that calls for reflections on the metaphysical implications of the title, even elements that are somewhat – and fittingly – awkward.
Post Posted Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm
Velodynamic

For me who never intended to buy Planet Jarre it's okej if Coachella Opening is one of the tracks, even though it feels a bit "meh" and cheating by taking the easy way out to kill some time on a spanking new album by throwing in a recycled track release there.
One also have to remember that it's actually not a lot of time between these two album releases...specially when it comes to Jean-Michel Jarre.
Still I really hope that we will have a neat studio version of Web Spinner sometimes soon.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am
moogyfoogy

LLGARCIA wrote:Thank you Oxynoxe.

It seems that I will have to skip this one on the album... I'm really disappointed with this track. :cry:
Is movement 6 ( the version that's been posted here) really jarre?
It sounds as if it was knocked up in about 10 minutes.

2020 Zoolook.nl