Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe Infinity - 16 November 2018

Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:36 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I'm still waiting for an official release of the track.

(Before that, I'll assume it's a JMJ version of Guru Josh - Infinity)
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:48 pm
Jarreshair

I will wait also.

Hoping it's Magnetic Fields 2 cheesy.
At worst Calypso cheesy.
If Teo & Teo level :cry:

But it can't be as bad as Exit can it?
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:15 pm
Big time

Infinity Movement 6

DON'T tell me this is Jean-Michel Jarre!??.... A track from the so-called """Equinoxe sequel"""....?? :roll:

And I just noticed that I've been kicked out of the FB group "Jean Michel Jarre and Fans" Hahaha wtf!? Because I don't want to trick myself into liking his new stuff?? :D And this was BEFORE I heard this Movement 6! Oh boy :D :D Who's the boss at that site?
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 pm
Josue143803

=edited= :(
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm
Oxynoxe

Sticker by Sony Music Entertainment
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm
Big time

Oxynoxe wrote:Dear Big time, please edit your post and delete the quote of my post in it.

As I wrote there, please do not quote this link. Thanks for your understanding.
Just did :) I missed that part (Don't know why), sorry :)
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:15 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

I stillk haven't given a single track a shot, really curious now since the reception so far doesn't seem very... Good :nod:
Jarreshair wrote:If Teo & Teo level :cry:
I wouldn't mind this, this album has some wonderful tracks. Even if most just is just blegh.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:30 pm
Jarreshair

OK, I've listened to Movement 6. I was expecting something as bad a bowl Movement but it's not quite that bad. IT DOES NOT belong on an Equinoxe Sequel album though.
I don't quite understand what JMJ is doing. Movement 1 is classic Jarre (although a little Vangelis). It has a touch of class about it. Movement 6 anyone can knock up.
I thought he had learned his lesson with T&T but obviously not.
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:57 pm
Jarreshair

Not sure if posted elsewhere but Prog Magazine has given EI a positive review (even Movement 6)

http://www.jarre-live.fr/2018/11/excell ... azine.html
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:00 pm
Robi

Jarreshair wrote:OK, I've listened to Movement 6. I was expecting something as bad a bowl Movement but it's not quite that bad. IT DOES NOT belong on an Equinoxe Sequel album though.
I don't quite understand what JMJ is doing. Movement 1 is classic Jarre (although a little Vangelis). It has a touch of class about it. Movement 6 anyone can knock up.
I thought he had learned his lesson with T&T but obviously not.
Comparing T&T to new Equinoxe or this particular track on any level.....well... :roll:
I do like the Mellotron sound in it honestly.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:08 pm
Jarreshair

I have this bugbear when an artist releases a sequel to successful albums then puts on tracks that never would have got on the original (Oldfield has done this).
I don't think the track is the worst thing JMJ has done (I'm looking at you Exit), but M6 is not an Equinoxe track.

I don't blame him for doing something different but is this really the same guy who give us Oxygene 2 and Ethnicolor?
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:37 pm
Glco8284

i like this song its 50/50 jarre

only its a bad thing that there are leaks or jarre own posted tracks.

i hope some tracks will remain silent till 16 novhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=105vjHfRugvTgrSusgFOJlBSr2O4j3pdi
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm
lacobo

Sorry for the "Movement 6 haters", but the more I play this song, the more I like it. The start, details like the "howling wolves" at 2:34 and 3:31, the wink to Magnetic Fields at the end (3:54). Etc. Ok, I wasn't expecting this on an Equinoxe sequel as well, but now it's there...

The diversity in songs makes Jarre such a unique artist. And very hard to mimic: An artist like StarInc can play Vangelis songs very close to the original, but Jarres work... nope.
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:27 pm
Big time

lacobo wrote:Ok, I wasn't expecting this on an Equinoxe sequel as well, but now it's there...
..but now it's there... I better force myself to like it. Even though I would change the channel if I heard this on the radio, and didn't know it was Jarre. Gotta keep playing it! I HAVE to like it in the end!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :smoke:
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:31 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Jarreshair wrote:Not sure if posted elsewhere but Prog Magazine has given EI a positive review (even Movement 6)

http://www.jarre-live.fr/2018/11/excell ... azine.html
The reviewer seems a bit clueless though.

"Infinity and The Opening are classic Jarre given a techno makeover"

Infinity is definitely not "techno". It's a pop song build with the infamous 4-chord progression ( )

"Robots Don't Cry seeks to revisit Oxygène part IV's insistent bass sequence"

If anything, it's closer Oxygene II. The bass pattern, the choice of sounds and sound effects.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl