Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Metamorphoses - Test Pressing CD-Rs

Post Posted Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:01 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Dr_Jones wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Jote wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:02 pmWait, then how come you don't have it?! :)
Because Suns Have Gone.... :lol2:

I will do a search on my archive when I'm back home. Can't find it on my NAS here. If I have it....
Well I hope you'll find it. Fingers crossed.

GMAS apparently was on youtube once (my friend found a link on this very forum sometime ago, but the video had already been deleted).

Maybe you can reconstruct both like you did with this forum ;)
Post Posted Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:31 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Ha! (in Obi-Wan voice) Digital archeology is my speciality :-)

Strange thing is, I asked 1906 and several others who seem to remember the studio version of The Sun too, but nobody has it. Maybe it's the Mandela Effect here. I'm going to dive into my old harddrives.
Post Posted Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:33 pm
Jote

In fairness, reconstructing JMJ's music is my field of expertise, not yours ;)
Post Posted Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:53 pm
Dr_Jones

That's absolutely true.
Post Posted Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:40 am
Jote

(that being said, inspired by your work on zoolook revival, I revived my own website which was hacked in 2019 (because of old hackable WordPress and old PHP) - I pulled a static copy from web.archive.org and uploaded it to my server)

Going back on subject, yeah, I suppose this might be a Mandela effect. Fingers crossed it's not. But I've never heard of "The Sun" other than the 12DOTS recording.
Post Posted Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:59 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

It's a shame they still haven't found their way into the internet, but what you going to do. Of all of them, I do wish The Sun would finally find its way online. It's the one track that I want so badly in studio quality :(
Adam wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:21 pm I have a flac copy of Hey Gagarin, if anyone wants it just send me a PM.
It's not a fantastic version but interesting to hear the original idea.
Is this the one on the promo CD released in 1999 with the blue sleeve or another mix?
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:31 pm
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

shadow wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:59 pm It's a shame they still haven't found their way into the internet, but what you going to do. Of all of them, I do wish The Sun would finally find its way online. It's the one track that I want so badly in studio quality :(
Adam wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:21 pm I have a flac copy of Hey Gagarin, if anyone wants it just send me a PM.
It's not a fantastic version but interesting to hear the original idea.
Is this the one on the promo CD released in 1999 with the blue sleeve or another mix?
I got the FLAC from a friend, it is a different mix, has a different intro, different bassline and drums, and sounds a little bit techno compared to the original.
Post Posted Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:34 pm
Dr_Jones

I believe it's a remix done by Joachim Garraud for a planned single release that never happened.
Post Posted Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:13 am
Adam

Dr_Jones wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:34 pm I believe it's a remix done by Joachim Garraud for a planned single release that never happened.
That would make more sense, I can't imagine that one as the album version.
I also have another version called The Intelligentsia Sputnik Remix, can't remember where I got it from or if it was part of a planned release or just a fan made remix.
Post Posted Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:43 am
Dr_Jones

Intelligentia? That's a fan remix I guess. Intelligentia was (or is) a band that made several remixes of jmj tracks. I dont know if they are still around
Post Posted Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:11 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Yeah, I remember that Intelligentsia made a lot of JMJ remixes back in the day, but AFAIK none of them ever got to an official JMJ release.

(IMO the "Oxygene 10 - Oriental Orchestral Mix" in particular (later included in the "1997 unreleased Oxygene remixes" fan-album) definitely should have)
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:26 pm
shadow

Thanks for the PM, really liked the remix, but the laughter at the start freaks me out. Very curious if the rest finds their way online. Lord I need that studio The Sun recording!
Post Posted Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:59 pm
Dr_Jones

Well, turns out there is none. At least not in my collection. I swear there was one, but I guess I was thinking of the BBC broadcast version. Mandela effect here...
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:54 pm
Adam

The BBC version was edited, although better sound quality than the M6 broadcast but still in mono.
Post Posted Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:26 pm
shadow

How did these CD's end up in the hands of some random people anyway? You'd think they'd end up in Jarre or the studios vault, yet here we are...

• 2020 Zoolook.nl