Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Welcome To The Other Side

Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 29

Seems like it, I just looked into the Deezer flacs and this is how the first track ends:
deezer.png
No gap! If I get a reply from Qobuz, I will send these screenshots.
Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm
nexxxus

Just received a new message from Qobuz quite hallucinating and which suggests that gapless is subjective

"Hello,
Thank you for your message.
After listening again on our side, we understand what you want to say in your first message by the lack of naturalness of the transitions, however these are gapless on our side. The problem mentioned here seems to us to be a problem linked to the feeling rather than to the technique unfortunately.
Cordially"

how to understand it?
Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 pm
Dr_Jones

Haha, that's golden! I have made screenshots to prove otherwise.
Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:57 pm
nexxxus

Dr_Jones wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 pm Haha, that's golden! I have made screenshots to prove otherwise.
it is clear and at least leaves no doubt.
Qobuz only offers what the labels give them but at least to be irreproachable on the quality whatever the style of music offered.
Therefore ask the label to offer a gapless version
Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:01 pm
Jote

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 14

nexxxus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm Just received a new message from Qobuz quite hallucinating and which suggests that gapless is subjective

"Hello,
Thank you for your message.
After listening again on our side, we understand what you want to say in your first message by the lack of naturalness of the transitions, however these are gapless on our side. The problem mentioned here seems to us to be a problem linked to the feeling rather than to the technique unfortunately.
Cordially"

how to understand it?
That they are a bunch of s**thead "audiophiles" who might genuinely believe this idiocy. They might also believe that repackaging a 44/16 file as 48/24 does in fact affect the content.
Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:52 pm
nexxxus

Jote wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:01 pm That they are a bunch of s**thead "audiophiles" who might genuinely believe this idiocy. They might also believe that repackaging a 44/16 file as 48/24 does in fact affect the content.

no it's hard. There it is a stroke of bad luck and bad work. Because for example the Masters of Equinoxe or the Concerts in China are really excellent and Gapless :wink: ;-)
Post Posted Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:46 pm
Dr_Jones

That is true. I bought the Oxygene Qobuz flacs a long time ago, they were good.
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:46 pm
SF01

OK, so I designed the cassette cover.

Has anyone compared the deezer version to qobuz version? Which one is better quality? I suppose both were corrected compared to the youtube livestream, that I will record on VHS either way. Deezer appears to be 5 seconds longer.
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 pm
Dr_Jones

I haven't done an in-depth analysis, but at least the Deezer flacs don't have a gap. That's as far as my analysis goes :-)
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:18 pm
Dr_Jones

Track 1 comparision

Qobuz:
qobuz.png
Deezer:
deezer.png
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:29 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 7

Same that the options are a digital release that cuts a lot of audio, or the live steam which was normalised a lot. Maybe, some day, we'll get decent masters again...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:35 pm
SF01

Dr_Jones wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:18 pm Track 1 comparision

Qobuz:
qobuz.png

Deezer:
deezer.png
Where's the gap, I only see that the second one is louder.
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:40 pm
Dr_Jones

SF01 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:35 pm Where's the gap, I only see that the second one is louder.
These are the whole tracks, the gaps are posted earlier in this thread:
The end of track 1 on Qobuz (and the beginning of track 2):

The end of track 1 on Deezer:

As for the loudness: they' are both as bad, only the Qobuz ones are capped at a certain dB.
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:07 pm
SF01

The gap between 1 and 2 is aroud 150 samples, but yes, it's purist's nightmare.
Time to get deezer version and bin the qobuz one.
The more seamless playback the better.
Post Posted Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Dr_Jones

I agree. I did get an email from Qobuz that they are investigating my case now... I'll keep you all updated.

2020 Zoolook.nl