Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

When the other vinyl reissues will be released?

Post Posted Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:40 pm
phonetic1990

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Hello and welcome everybody in the "new" forum" :) :) I'm new here but I've been following this forum for several years now and finally decided to register :) Thanks to you I learned a lot about different aspects and your feelings about JMJ albums .
I have a question as above in the topic ... will there be any re-editions of Rendez-Vous, Waiting For Cousteau, Oxygene 7-13 ? (with updated cover from 2018). Will there be live albums long unreleased on vinyl? I mean The Concerts In China, CiC - Houston/Lyon and Destination Docklands? I dream about first vinyl Metamorphoses and Geometry Of Love, since they got re-editions on CD. 8)
"The most amazing sight... ever viewed... by the human eye!" :shock:
Fan JMJ at first 1997... later in 2005 and really from 2009 to ∞ :)
Post Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:30 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Oxygene 7-13 only has the release in the "new complete Oxygene" box, that's it.
Post Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:28 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

I wouldn't count on it, seems they've stopped a while ago and latest re-release is Oxygene 7-13, but was only included in the Trilogy boxset.
I really hope they'll pick up on them again and release stuff like Geometry of Love on vinyl, I'd absolutely pick it up.

But if anything, I'd want them to release different Special Editions already. There's multiple tracks on Metamorphoses that were planned until last minute from what I've read over the years, and it'd be great if they'd bother including them. But going by the other re-releases, that were bare at best and hilariously awful at worst (Rendez-Vous with the wow and flutter, for real, that release was utterly pathetic), I doubt Jarre cares much either about those extended remixes and making them available for people. So much (well with YouTube being a thing not really) rare and difficult to obtain stuff, yet, the pirates life is the only way to access them.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:21 pm
phonetic1990

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

I find it a bit strange that outside of the "Holy Trinity Oxy, Equi, MF) only Zoolook, 30th Anniversary Revolutions and 25th Anniversary Chronology were released.
Why these albums and not all?

In 2020 it was 30 years from WFC and there was no re-release (2020 = covid?), This year it will be 35 years of Rendez-Vous and so on with the rest of the albums I would mention ...

I hope there will be something on vinyl this year....after all, vinyl is a very popular medium today again, experiencing a second youth :wink:
"The most amazing sight... ever viewed... by the human eye!" :shock:
Fan JMJ at first 1997... later in 2005 and really from 2009 to ∞ :)
Post Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:16 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

shadow wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:28 pm But if anything, I'd want them to release different Special Editions already. There's multiple tracks on Metamorphoses that were planned until last minute from what I've read over the years, and it'd be great if they'd bother including them.
I suspect Jean-Michel's philosophy of releases and re-releases is that an album is fixed 1. So Equinoxe having 8 parts is Equinoxe having 8 parts. No extras like the 12" maxi version of Equinoxe 4 and all those things. To put it in painters terminology: the Mona Lisa is the Mona Lisa, you don't paint a new tree in the background years later. So for Metamorphoses, those 12 tracks are Metamorposes. Any extra track is cut from the album because it wasn't good enough. I don't agree with this philosophy myself as such, but it's the artist's integrety.

Metamorposes probably won't fit on one LP, I guess it'll be a 2LP release.

1: This doesn't include doctoring with the masters for the new remasters.
Post Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:19 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

shadow wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:28 pm I wouldn't count on it, seems they've stopped a while ago and latest re-release is Oxygene 7-13, but was only included in the Trilogy boxset.
And it wasn't even a proper re-release. It's the CD version, albeit with very abrupt fade-out of Oxygene 9 and with Oxygene 10 just fading in (the proper vinyl/cassette had a proper slow fadeout of O9 and O10 had an extra bar at the start)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl