Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Amazonia

Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Signed vinyl + photobook, €159
Limited edition 50 copies

https://www.insideoutshop.de/Item/Jean- ... ook-/16796
Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:07 pm
SF01

Likes received  : 2

Jote wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:32 pm
SF01 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:02 pm What would that post processing be, isolating bands in EQ, diminishing attenuating them in one channel and amplifying in the other to increase stereo width?
It's easier to upscale stereo source to 5.1 or mono source to fake stereo, but to change how the tracks are panned in stereo mix to widen it to diffrent double mono, I can't imagine that, or I just might not have eough experience in mixing multitrack-recordings.
Usually it's multi-band stereo widening and moving those bands around the stereo field (randomly or not). That's what those plugins do, and that's what I'd expect, as frankly, "going the extra mile" is not Jarre's forte. Granted he's very nice to fans in person, but he doesn't seem to think about them that much while in the studio, when they are just some unidentified mass far far away.
I can totally agree on that one. Once he's done recording and approves the final mix, he doesn't care how it's released, or if the supply meets the demand from fans, especially on the physical format...
Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:05 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

Jote wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 pm Signed vinyl + photobook, €159

Press Kit (includes Jarre interview): https://fr.calameo.com/read/0025459520baabd28189d
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:51 am
melo

Likes received  : 1

Finally the news begins to arrive in Brazil.

https://www.musicjournal.com.br/jean-mi ... -amazonia/
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:32 am
Jote

Sold out
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:23 am
SF01

Jote wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:32 am

Sold out
I just lost my interest in buying that album...
This is what I meant saying the label f***s the fans.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:20 am
Jote

SF01 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:23 am I just lost my interest in buying that album...
Why? Just because a limited edition (which was not even interesting to begin with) was... limited?
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:47 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Besides, the book will probably be sold seperately too.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:53 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:59 pm
SF01

Jote wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:20 am
SF01 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:23 am I just lost my interest in buying that album...
Why? Just because a limited edition (which was not even interesting to begin with) was... limited?
1. Because the limit is 50 copies, unlike the Eon, or Electronica which were 2000 and 1000 copies respectively.
2. I have JMJ in my followed on fb and there was zero information.
3. Lack of Blu-Ray with high-res Stereo LPCM, Binaural LPCM and surround LPCM

I have nothing against limited editions, but it should be at least a little bit more adjusted to the market needs.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm
Robi83

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 14

Still, the music remains the same on each (kind) of album.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:24 pm
Jote

SF01 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:59 pm 1. Because the limit is 50 copies, unlike the Eon, or Electronica which were 2000 and 1000 copies respectively.
Allow me to speculate: EōN isn't selling well at all. It likely generated enormous losses if they decided to do just 50 this time - the rarity itself makes people more willing to open their wallets quickly.

Just curious: would you really be interested in getting it given that you are basically paying for the signature and a privilege of owning something rare?
High-res audio is incredibly overrated. According to science (CD was designed as 44/16 for a very good reason). What we need is gentler mastering, not some bogus high-res audiovoodoo.
I have nothing against limited editions, but it should be at least a little bit more adjusted to the market needs.
Well, the truth is that the market will happily purchase anything as long as it has the name of their current deity stickered on it. As you see it worked just fine - the market ate that limited edition with a spoon, mission accomplished.
Last edited by Jote on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:56 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Robi83 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm Still, the music remains the same on each (kind) of album.
Yeah, that too.

The limited edition is the LP (37 euro) + the book (100 euro) + a signature. If you want the book, you're better off getting it seperately. So you're basically paying 21 euros for a signature.

Here's a link to a Dutch store selling the book.
https://www.taschenboeken.nl/sebastiao- ... zonia.html
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:45 pm
SF01

Jote wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:24 pm
SF01 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:59 pm 1. Because the limit is 50 copies, unlike the Eon, or Electronica which were 2000 and 1000 copies respectively.
Allow me to speculate: EōN isn't selling well at all. It likely generated enormous losses if they decided to do just 50 this time - the rarity itself makes people more willing to open their wallets.

Just curious: would you really be interested in getting it given that you are basically paying for the signature and a privilege of owning something rare?
High-res audio is incredibly overrated. According to science (CD was designed as 44/16 for a very good reason). What we need is gentler mastering, not some bogus high-res audiovoodoo.
Well, the truth is that the market will happily purchase anything as long as it has the name of their current deity stickered on it. As you see it worked just fine - the market ate that limited edition with a spoon, mission accomplished.
I don't know how to do nested quotes, so let's go linearly:

1. Yes, I'd pay for Electronica, I'd pay for Eon, I'd pay for this, maybe not all at the same time, not everyone is fast nough and astute enough to win the box-set.
2. I guess those were the same people that bought Electronica and Eon that bought this. Steven Wilson went full Music for Supermarkets with his latest album, or at least partially, he made 1 box-set with a bonus exclusive track.
3. I know it is, I didn't mean high sample rates as much as 24 bits and the fact that it's LPCM on a physical format.
4. Yes, people bought Kanye West's latest release on limited cassette, but certainly if they did 100, 200, or even 500 copies it would sell out just as well.

But since apparently the book is available separately and this is just a bundle with nothing more than a signature, then basically it's a marketing voodoo, I thought the book was only available there. I can get a signature after a concert, liek the last time, I got Oxygene CD+DVD, Concerts in China cassette and MAgnetic Fields on cassette signed with the price of the ticket, also a poster signed by two touring musicians as well.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:58 pm
Jote

Well, whether it's higher sample rate or 24-bit - it's all overrated audiovoodoo. 16-bit was also chosen for a reason. Higher bit depth provides no benefit to the listener of the final mix. 44/16 is all you ever need and those Qobuz et al are just snake-oil salesmen ;)

I'm not a physical media collector, so I had exactly zero interest in this boxset. I do collect JMJ's music, I just don't care about the form that much (TBH at the end of the day I prefer to have it all digitally on one disk so it's at my fingertips whenever I desire). I do buy JMJ boxsets if they provide anything of value - this one doesn't. I skipped EōN because of its ridiculous price (and *technically* I skipped Electronica 1 deluxe boxset, but JMJ gave one to me ;) so I bought E2 to complete it)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl