Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

[Spoilers]In-Doors World Arena Tour 2009/10

Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:16 pm
Big time

Kanta wrote:Well, whoever it is, it's getting a lot of play on my i-tunes. There is no info though that I can find on a DJ called Jean Michel Dorin or Jean Michel Guerin or Jean Michel Derein... Maybe, he is not that famous. But the music that he composed, he should be. :fine:
I also play it all the time!!! It´s amazing!! So dreamy! And I really don´t care actually who it is! If it´s Jarre then COOL!! If it´s not, then COOL!! :D I just want a cd with it here by my side asap! And a whole album of it! :P

But damn it could be fun if it really WAS Jarre! :D :D

EDIT: This piece of music is done by a PRO with years of experience in the field of electronic music and not just by an upcoming or not famous/unknown guy, I find it hard to believe if that´s the case.. :) And on top of that, it sounds so much as JMJ...

But whoever it is... BRING IT ON!!! :D :D
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 pm
jarrepaul

That track played before the concert

Listening to it now on my headphones with nearly complete silence in the house (Kids). It has too many jarre signatures not to be a jarre track. Has he composed a new waiting track. As waiting for cousteau was used for a lot of his concerts.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm
Jon

Could be his son?
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:04 pm
Christophe

jarrepaul wrote:That track played before the concert

Listening to it now on my headphones with nearly complete silence in the house (Kids). It has too many jarre signatures not to be a jarre track. Has he composed a new waiting track. As waiting for cousteau was used for a lot of his concerts.
As Jarre say in a speach at the concert that was other person that composed this track and still some persons here doubt Jarre's words? Strange... ;-)

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm
Big time

Christophe wrote: As Jarre say in a speach at the concert that was other person that composed this track and still some persons here doubt Jarre's words? Strange... ;-)
This is actually kind of cute :D

You know what Jarre also said during that speech? No? He said that the Earth is not round as we all think, but in fact it´s a solid square..

Are you confused now?..
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm
jarrepaul

Christophe wrote:

As Jarre say in a speach at the concert that was other person that composed this track and still some persons here doubt Jarre's words? Strange... ;-)

Greetzzz...
Sorry Christophe i have not read all the posts on this topic. But that begs the question why does he use someone now for his concerts when to my knowledge he has never used anybody before.

Paul
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 40
Likes received  : 66

It's called support act, artist use them sometimes.
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 pm
jarrepaul

Dr_Jones wrote:It's called support act, artist use them sometimes.
I know that mate. But why start using one now.
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 pm
jarrepaul

jarrepaul wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Greetzzz...
Sorry Christophe i have not read all the posts on this topic. But that begs the question why does he use someone now for his concerts when to my knowledge he has never used anybody before.

Paul

First of all, we do know that this track MAY NOT BE JARRE..

Secondly, as you say Paul, there´s too much of Jarre in this track to NOT to be a Jarre composition (Especially if you´re familiar with his Whispers of life composition..

Thirdly... It could be Jarre testing a new track of his own to his audience, and hopefully get a positive feedback (And he has so far) People were clapping afterwards, and I´m also crazy about it, Jarre or not! :wink:

Four: We all know Jarre´s sense of humour. And he says (according to someone) that this track is by an artist/DJ called..... Jean..... Michel ...... ??? :wink: We will see eventually :P

Five: Jarre has been testing his tracks before WITHOUT revealing the track to be himself. He did that with Teo&Tea on Youtube some years ago..

So to sum it all up here... we´re a couple of people in here who like this track a lot and are aware that this may NOT be him. But no, we don´t just like that, believe him (Jarre) because he´s saying (for the moment?) that it´s not him :P But we/some of us don´t mind discussion this and try to find out the BIG SCARY TRUTH!!! Hahaha Or at least to find out the name of this other dude who made this track..

Simple as that... :wink:

PS: I´ve said it before... I don´t f..... care who made this track, I just wanna know FOR SURE so I can buy it and hear it in a proper sound quality.. :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:34 pm
Big time

She said no, and it hurts pretty badly this time... :(
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm
Elisabeth

Well..I don't know...and I don't need to know!! :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 40
Likes received  : 66

Elisabeth wrote:Well..I don't know...and I don't need to know!! :D
Ehm... you started this discussion by asking why Jarre should play another musicians music on his own concert...
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:44 pm
Elisabeth

I didn't start anything...I thought it was him..but if he said it is another musician who did it...I don't care who did it...so simple is that! :)
Post Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 pm
serjio

Well, actually, as Jarre said himself after Rendez-Vous 2 in Strasbourg, the sound intro before the concert is composed by Jean-Michel Derain. Google shows us that he is a sound illustrator, who participated here, also on this album. And even told a bit about himself and left his contacts here. 8)
Post Posted Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 am
Big time

Thank you serjio!!! :D :D

So he DID say it later at the concert! (I asked you about it earlier) COOL!! :D

And there´s an email address too! Even more COOL!! :D

Gotta write him about this brilliant piece! Gotta have it on CD! :P

I just hope that Jarre can come up with something as interesting as this when his new album someday hits the shelves..

Mission 1 completed, now mission two begins! Getting a CD with this music!! :D :D

Thanks again serjio!! :D

2020 Zoolook.nl