Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Theremin Piece

Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 am
jarrepaul

Hi guys who thinks the Theremin Piece is now outdated. I thought it was great in 97 Oxygene tour but i think now he needs to put another track in it's place. What do you think?
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 am
Jon

Never really liked it.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 am
Robi

I honestly don't think the recent theremin pieces are outdated.

I like the new manner while he is playing it, while "waving" more with it...

Though, refreshing the tracklist wouldn't be bad idea, but I think a theremin piece can stay in the show.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

I agree with Robi- it's neat 8)
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:28 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 13

I like it a lot. He plays it exceedingly very well. :bravo:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:35 pm
Glco8284

I am totaly agry that is must play some older or from 7-13 or methamorphoses

or something like this he is playing equinoxe first equinoxe 7 and then 5

combinate it with the album set up

1st Equinoxe 5 then 6 and at last 7 i like the 6 part

remove rendez vous 3 and put oxygene 7 with original sound not the Egypt or water 4 life sound .

and play Calypso 3 like last year long not short * create a longer solo

just like oxygene 1 its just like calypso3 playing short???? why? looking at the time for how long playing????

and at last put oxygene 5 and variation 3 away and play Bells and Je me souviens (or hey gagarin 3 of my favorits ok ok also million of stars.

My Dream setlist

01 - Bells *on laser Harp* :o :o (just like Calypso 2 on la defence)
02 - Magnetic Fields 1
03 - Oxygene 1
04 - Oxygene 2
05 - Je Me Souviens
06 - Oxygene 7
07 - Souvenir Of China
08 - Equinoxe 5
09 - Equinoxe 6
10 - Equinoxe 7
11 - Magnetic Fields 2
12 - Oxygene 12
13 - Chronologie 6
14 - Chronologie 2
15 - Adagio
16 - Industrial Revolution 2
17 - Equinoxe 4
18 - Rendez Vous 2
19 - Oxygene 4
20 - Rendez Vouz 4
21 - Calypso 3
22 - Hey Gagarin
Post Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 pm
jeanbatman

The fact is "only us fans" remind ourselves Jarre made new albums after 1997...

And in the same time, we fans can't even decide ourselves for "the one" major hit on Metamorphoses album...

Maybe Jarre wants to get away from the vocoder-ish era he's been through in the 2000's and focus more on the synths to commit to his instrumental trademark...
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:21 pm
Equinoxe

Wouldn't say the the Theremin improvs are outdated.....more .....Annoying??

I like much of what Jarre does In a Live situation but,I really wish he'd lay the Theremin to rest or at least play something melodic.Anyone can wave there hands around and play some random shit!

If he going to use it at least utilise it for the Lead solo voice in Oxygene 1 or correctly in oxygene 3 his playing is truly awful,and really displays how poor a user he is of the Theremin,even if its simply an improvised pass,its rather amateur playing for someone whos considered a Pioneer!!!!and would have thought it would have been well within his scope of Playing it in pitch,its not a particuarly hard instrument to play nor are the Parts it could be used for Technical or hard to play!

Almost as bad as the Improvs on the Liberation in Oxygene 5,he may look cool but the playing is dreadful,I see the Ego in Jarre Kick in when he's doing those solos rather than the Musician he is far more self indulgence in those parts than Experimentation,sometimes you need to stop at whats considered to be experimental and just plain awful!

Anyone who thinks that those solos are good is obviously in awe of being a fan or tone deaf,you can almost feel the air of discomfort from Fans at a concert when he plays those instruments!
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:59 pm
AnDrOiD

He didn't use the Theremin on Oxygene, so why do it in concerts? :P

The instrument is gimmicky at best. :P :pwned:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm
Equinoxe

AnDrOiD wrote:He didn't use the Theremin on Oxygene, so why do it in concerts? :P

Well he used it on Oxygene 3 during the Oxygene tour?

The tone of it would suit the lead sound on Oxygene 1 and would be a better use of the 1920's Mahogany Sideboard than simply bringing it because its a set filler

Irrespective of it being used on the Album originally or not and Gimmicky or not,it would fit his concepts if he could actually play it,in all the years of touring with it,you'd think he would have put it to some actual melodic use!he uses it like he's trying to score some cheap Horror film
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:24 pm
AnDrOiD

Equinoxe wrote:
AnDrOiD wrote:He didn't use the Theremin on Oxygene, so why do it in concerts? :P

Well he used it on Oxygene 3 during the Oxygene tour?

The tone of it would suit the lead sound on Oxygene 1

Irrespective of it being used on the Album originally or not and Gimmicky or not,it would fit his concepts if he could actually play it
Well, it's definitely not a Theremin in Oxygene 1 on the album. Sure it would suit the lead sound, but unless he was able to do it in perfect pitch, I'd rather he didn't. :pwned:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:30 pm
Equinoxe

AnDrOiD wrote:
Well, it's definitely not a Theremin in Oxygene 1 on the album. Sure it would suit the lead sound, but unless he was able to do it in perfect pitch, I'd rather he didn't. :pwned:

I know it wasn't used on the album,I'm just trying to say there is an actual use for it given it limited sound capabilities and I'd like to see him play that
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:50 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 13

JMJ uses the Theremin cause he enjoys playing it. And, I enjoy listening to him playing it. :mrgreen:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:43 pm
Jon

The Theremin is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. Then it depends on the abilities of the person playing it. I always find myself fast forwarding live CDs or DVDs when Jarre pops up behind the Theremin. But then, I have never really liked the sound of the Theremin.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:58 am
Christophe

The Theremin-part at his concerts was nice, but now I feel it like to much at the moment. You can see now lot of bored people at his concerts that go to other place for to pee or take a drink during the Theremin-part. May be he can put the Theremin in the cellar for a few years? ;-)

Greetzzz...

2020 Zoolook.nl