Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

AOR Ballet

Post Posted Tue May 10, 2011 9:00 am
LaDefense

hiram33 wrote:but not AOR. It seems, this music has never broadcast on radio.
The only AOR radio broadcast seems to be the small excerpt you can hear on the "Rarities 3" bootleg CD...
LaDefense -
"Vorsprung durch Technik"
Post Posted Tue May 10, 2011 9:14 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

LaDefense wrote:
hiram33 wrote:but not AOR. It seems, this music has never broadcast on radio.
The only AOR radio broadcast seems to be the small excerpt you can hear on the "Rarities 3" bootleg CD...
Which was probably not AOR but a TV program about the GRM and a sound excerpt of a Schaeffer song. I'm absolutely not sure, but the unknown tracks on Rarities 3 are very suspicious. For example: that Walhalla tune is the tune of a radio program JMJ was interviewed in and composed by several Dutch musicians.
Post Posted Wed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm
LaDefense

Dr_Jones wrote:Which was probably not AOR but a TV program about the GRM and a sound excerpt of a Schaeffer song. I'm absolutely not sure, but the unknown tracks on Rarities 3 are very suspicious. For example: that Walhalla tune is the tune of a radio program JMJ was interviewed in and composed by several Dutch musicians.
Yes, the Walhalla tune is suspicious. But I think the Aor excerpt from "Rarities 3" is from Jarre. It sounds very similar to the first excerpt from the 5 Aor excerpts from the old Jarre.net website. And I don't think it's from Pierre Schaeffer: I have the 3CD box set of Pierre Schaeffer called "L'oeuvre musicale" - and these compositions sounds different. But the use of the language samples in "Happiness is a sad song" reminds me of some Pierre Schaeffer compositions...
LaDefense -
"Vorsprung durch Technik"
Post Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:32 pm
Dr_Jones

If there's someone who has AOR, I'm looking for a recording. I might have some nice things to swap :o
Post Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

I only have 7 short pieces that were availible on the old official site, and the Printemps de Bourges 2002 one. But as far as I know no one has the entire thing
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm
Dr_Jones

Review of Aor from a french newspaper:
Premier pas des danseurs sur le nouveau plateau de l'Opéra

Les élèves de l'Ecole de danse, le corps de ballet au grand complet et neuf étoiles sur onze ont étrenné, aux accents de la marche des Troyens, le nouveau plateau de l'Opéra et effleuré de la pointe du pied les nouvelles costières, objets suffisamment traîtres pour provoquer bien des faux pas. La saison chorégraphique s'ouvent sur le Défilé auquel manquaîent Wilfride Piollet et Michaël Denard, victimes des répétitions, l'autre, le métatarse brisé, n'avait pourtant pas hésité à venir boitiller parmi les spectateurs.

A dire vrai, les amateurs de ballets ont eu quelques surprises. En levant la tête vers à la hauteur des quatrièmes loges, découvert toute une série de baffies électro-acoustiques mal dissimulés parmi les volutes d'or de Garnier.

Cette installation provisoire et inusitée dans un tel lieu était nécessaire pour créer l'environnement sonore que souhaitait l'un des deux compositeurs d'Aor, création de la soirée.

Environnement à base de marteaux-piqueurs, de sirènes, d'échos Sonar, de vrombrissements de ventilateurs... le tout ayant au moins l'avantage de laisser aux spectateurs la ppssibilité de faire leurs commentaires à haute voix sans gêner leur voisins... ni le ministre Jacques Duhamel qui devient un spectateur assidu du Palais Garnier.

L'interprétation nu fut pas contestée. En revanche, le chorégraphe Norbert Schmuki, lorsqu'il vint saluer, n'eut droit qu'à un accueil mitigé. Les deux compositeurs Igor Wakhevitch et Jean-Michel Jarre s'embrassant sur scène d'un air ostensiblement satisfait produisirent un étonnant numéro de duettistes burlesques.
Google translate:
Dancers' first steps on the new stage of the Opera

Students of the School of dance, ballet in full force and nine out of eleven stars were opening, to the strains of the march of the Trojans, the new stage of Opera and touched the tip of the toe new curbs, objects traitors enough to cause many missteps. Choreographic season opened on Parade which lacked Wilfride Piollet and Michael Denard, victims of rehearsals, the other with a broken metatarsal, had yet not hesitate to come hobbling among the spectators.

In truth, lovers of ballet had some surprises. Looking up to the height of the fourth lodges, discovered a series of electro-acoustic baffles evil hidden among the golden curls of Garnier.

This temporary installation and unusual in such a place was needed to create the sound environment that wanted one of the two composers Aor, creation of the evening.

Based environment jackhammers, sirens, sonar echoes of vrombrissements fans ... all with at least the advantage of allowing viewers the opportunity to make comments out loud without disturbing their neighbors .. . nor the Minister Jacques Duhamel becomes a avid spectator of the Palais Garnier.

The naked interpretation was not contested. However, the choreographer Norbert Schmuki when he came to greet, was not entitled to a mixed reception. Both composers Igor Wakhévitch and Jean-Michel Jarre kissing on stage with an air ostensibly satisfied produced a surprising number of comic duo.
Post Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:15 pm
The Sound-Oven

does anyone have any photographs of JMJ's first ever concert AOR? :)
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:40 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

The Sound-Oven wrote:does anyone have any photographs of JMJ's first ever concert AOR? :)
Only found this

http://oxygenejmj.free.fr/magazine/aor.html

and this

http://www.zoolook.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4978
Post Posted Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:46 pm
Dr_Jones

Beelooo wrote:Only found this

and this

You're linking to this topic XD
Post Posted Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm
The Sound-Oven

Beelooo wrote:
The Sound-Oven wrote:does anyone have any photographs of JMJ's first ever concert AOR? :)
Only found this

http://oxygenejmj.free.fr/magazine/aor.html

and this

Thank you Beelooo. A good read :)
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:44 pm
Dr_Jones

Poster:
Post Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:19 am
shadow

I can safely say I didn't expect this to be bumped any time soon! :P
Post Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:41 am
Dr_Jones

shadow wrote:I can safely say I didn't expect this to be bumped any time soon! :P
I'm always searching for anything AOR :-D

Here's a scan of the newspaper with the review I've posted before:
Post Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:15 pm
shadow

I wonder if we'll ever get the entire recordings instead of just the snippets. AOR Bleu (Metallic Souvenir) has been released and while not really amazing, it's rather interesting.
Post Posted Tue May 08, 2018 10:56 am
Dr_Jones

• 2020 Zoolook.nl