Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Monaco Royal Wedding Concert – 01/07/2011

Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:50 pm
Cheops

Watching the concert again intently at the moment, and it seems to be correct, that some samles of clapping croud were added in realtime (as someone already assumed).

Well, what is this? Kind of emergency plan for audience at home?

Was the mood that bad in monaco? :shock:

I remember concert at Mont Saint Michel that I attended in 1993, were the mood was not the best also...
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:19 pm
qube

Catte wrote:
qube wrote: Before he embarked on this analog venture in 2008 his music was modern and concerts faultless but we have had 4 years of tortured keytar solos, erratic harps and wandering oscillators and the hardcore fans are left having to struggle to defend it all.
As for his faults, there's nothing I have to defend - it's a proof that he performed live, less embarrassing than the half-playback shows (which I can understand, if you just have one performance as at Gdansk or Beijing) we had in the past. It was very lively yesterday and I didn't have the feeling that anyone noticed the mistakes any great deal.

And even with the half playback shows as at La Defense, we had the laser harp malfunctioning - it just got edited out for the official video later.

I'm very happy that since 2008 we get real live performances. I'm very happy that he dares to use the old gear. And I cherish the imperfection this sometimes means.
You say there's nothing to defend, then go on to defend it :)

If any other band, musician or whatever had that many problems in a single show they'd be lambasted for it. As a nerd I can understand WHY those problems happen and appreciate that they can't always be avoided, however for a big free concert like that then I think it's a gamble too far. But for a fan like myself, I've seen JMJ countless times and for the past few years we've had the same thing each time, clumsy solos and out of tune synths, I just feel that like his equipment it's getting old. I don't care that he's using a 40 year old synth I just want to hear good music.
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:34 pm
Elisabeth

Hello..I did enjoy the concert from Euronews..and I loved the show!!! :D
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:20 pm
Adam

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 2

I've uploaded my audio in 320kps stereo to mediafire for those who don't have access to Nico's database.
Recorded live from UStream.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bz6o2km094hyq
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:51 pm
Robi

We can roughly estimate the audience....it is about 10.000 or little more than it.

thanks for Fairlight Jarre
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:53 pm
Velodynamic

Adam wrote:I've uploaded my audio in 320kps stereo to mediafire for those who don't have access to Nico's database.
Thank you. :)
I ripped the .flv file but something went wrong after about 1½ hour and the recording went dead. :evil:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:12 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 9

Adam wrote:I've uploaded my audio in 320kps stereo to mediafire for those who don't have access to Nico's database.
Thanks, I'll still have to download the .FLV file, but I hope someone has a HD recording of this... Although Euronews did air this in HD right..?
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm
Velodynamic

Cheops wrote:Watching the concert again intently at the moment, and it seems to be correct, that some samles of clapping croud were added in realtime (as someone already assumed).

Well, what is this? Kind of emergency plan for audience at home?

Was the mood that bad in monaco? :shock:

I remember concert at Mont Saint Michel that I attended in 1993, were the mood was not the best also...
My own theory is that the "mood" you're describing is infact a jaw-dropping crowd.
Jaw-dropping people doesn't make much noise, because how can you comprehend with all the things going on in front of you in a situation like that if at the same time you are screaming from the top of your lungs and clapping hands like a maniac? Besides that photo over the area shows that there wasn't much people just infront the edge of the stage.
An other difficultie would be to actually mic out some sounds from a crowd, jaw-dropping or not, wich would be on an entirely different level then the music. That's what I think.
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:43 pm
Cheops

Not sure if I exactly can follow (I am german, sorry).
Fact is, that at one special point during the over 20 minutes of webstream BEFORE the beginning they switched through different crowd-noises and claps. One of them repeats over several minutes without changing... And that one noise (not to say sample) was added (appeared...) twice to keytar solo of JMJ during Industrial 3... in my optinion.

Really sad about that :-(
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:51 pm
Velodynamic

Cheops wrote:Not sure if I exactly can follow (I am german, sorry).
Fact is, that at one special point during the over 20 minutes of webstream BEFORE the beginning they switched through different crowd-noises and claps. One of them repeats over several minutes without changing... And that one noise (not to say sample) was added (appeared...) twice to keytar solo of JMJ during Industrial 3... in my optinion.

Ok you're probably right about the added sounds of a crowd.
Still I don't understand the sadness. The crowd was there, we all saw it. :)
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:51 pm
shadow

Fact is, that at one special point during the over 20 minutes of webstream BEFORE the beginning they tested all the crowd-samples and claps. They switched between it. One of them repeats over several minutes without changing... And that one sample was added twice to keytar solo of JMJ during Industrial 3...

I'm listening to the Waiting for Cousteau opening at the moment, and I have to agree, the clapping and audience noise is clearly not real... But then again, why would anyone clap for twenty minuts before the concerts had even started, it's kind of logical they added it during the first part :wink:

Edit:
Just wondering, but do you maybe have the entire file with the speeches and everything... It's kinda offputting without the talking :(
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:39 pm
tinmachine

I Thought it was a really visually stunning concert. My personal favourite tracks of the night were equinoxe 5, magnetic fields 2, oxygene 4, chronologie 2, chronologie 4 and rendezvous 4. Vintage was nice but to me seemed to be a strange choice of dedication to the new princess... A bit 4/4 techno poppy perhaps! The wedding march also seemed to sound very similar to Queen's version (from Flash Gordon soundtrack) which JMJ downloaded from iTunes a couple of months ago ... But I will relisten as I'm sure it is different :)
Overall, despite the few mishaps particularly with the laser harp (but anyone remember Calypso 2 at la Defense?) a step in the right direction. Hope equinoxe 7 returns though next time :)
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:52 pm
Adam

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 2

shadow wrote:
Fact is, that at one special point during the over 20 minutes of webstream BEFORE the beginning they tested all the crowd-samples and claps. They switched between it. One of them repeats over several minutes without changing... And that one sample was added twice to keytar solo of JMJ during Industrial 3...

I'm listening to the Waiting for Cousteau opening at the moment, and I have to agree, the clapping and audience noise is clearly not real... But then again, why would anyone clap for twenty minuts before the concerts had even started, it's kind of logical they added it during the first part :wink:

Edit:
Just wondering, but do you maybe have the entire file with the speeches and everything... It's kinda offputting without the talking :(
I haven't I'm afraid,the toolbar thing I was using to record the audio wasn't supposed to work with Windows 7 so I just stopped/started it for each track in case it crashed & I lost the whole lot.
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:27 pm
Phil J.

I can't wait for Lady Kanta to return and post her views about the negative comments. Heads will roll :rofl:
Post Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:38 pm
shadow

Adam wrote:I haven't I'm afraid,the toolbar thing I was using to record the audio wasn't supposed to work with Windows 7 so I just stopped/started it for each track in case it crashed & I lost the whole lot.
Hmmm... Well thanks anyway, it was a nice to relisten to it :)
Phil J. wrote:I can't wait for Lady Kanta to return and post her views about the negative comments. Heads will roll :rofl:
Owwow... :nod:

Edit:
The friend of my sis downloaded the HD broadcast and will give it to me soon... I'll be donating ASAP to the database so I can upload it :wink:

2020 Zoolook.nl