Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Funny situations from the concerts

Post Posted Fri May 26, 2006 2:14 pm
Ronja
English Moderator

Catte in another thread wrote: Last year, at the Gdansk shipyard, he was spelt "Jean Michael Jarre" on the LED display at the entrance up until half an hour before they let us in. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. :mrgreen:
Thinking today about Gdansk concert I remind myself one situation connected with it...one Polish fan told that they (organisators) were informed bysomeone that the name is misspelled and told one man from the staff to change it but he said that he doesn't know how...and another man shouted: "ZOBACZ, CO MASZ NAPISANE NA IDENTYFIKATORZE!!!!" ("Look what do you have written on your identificator, man!!!") :P

Another situations I find funny:
(heard by my friend during the concert)
Wife to her husband: "Stasiu, when will HE start singing???" :lol:
(Later commented by Polish fans: "he should say: in Light My Sky")

My friend's uncle who had watched the concert on TV (he was thinking about the laser harp...) "Good concert but it seems he had some problems with these lamps...he tried to cover them with the hands but it didn't work...just bad organisation..."
:D

Polish journalists before the concert (it's maybe more tragical than funny :?)
"It seems that Jarre is gonna suprise us...during the rehearsals some big bell was put on the stage...EVERYBODY has NO IDEA what is he going to use it for". Well...

I think there're also many funny things Jarre himself said/did on the concerts and you may remember some another stories from the audience so...put it here, please :D
Last edited by Ronja on Fri May 26, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
> BlahBlahCafe TEAM :D

www.jeanmicheljarre.pl team
Post Posted Fri May 26, 2006 2:37 pm
AnDrOiD

Ronja wrote:My friend's uncle who had watched the concert on TV (he was thinking about the laser harp...) "Good concert but it seems he had some problems with these lamps...he tried to cover them with the hands but it didn't work...just bad organisation..."
Surely he must have been joking!? :P :lol:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri May 26, 2006 2:43 pm
PMgep

Ronja wrote:
Catte in another thread wrote: Last year, at the Gdansk shipyard, he was spelt "Jean Michael Jarre" on the LED display at the entrance up until half an hour before they let us in. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. :mrgreen:
Thinking today about Gdansk concert I remind myself one situation connected with it...one Polish fan told that they (organisators)were informed bysomeone that the name is misspelled and told one man from the stuff to change it but he said that he doesn't know how...and another man shouted: "ZOBACZ, CO MASZ NAPISANE NA IDENTYFIKATORZE!!!!" ("Look what do you have written on your identificator, man!!!") :P
I was there :D The great thing was that they changed it but still miss spelled his name :D
Heaven has a beer volcano
Post Posted Fri May 26, 2006 2:48 pm
Ronja
English Moderator

AnDrOiD wrote:
Ronja wrote:My friend's uncle who had watched the concert on TV (he was thinking about the laser harp...) "Good concert but it seems he had some problems with these lamps...he tried to cover them with the hands but it didn't work...just bad organisation..."
Surely he must have been joking!? :P :lol:
I'm afraid not :D
My friend assured us that he said it totally seriously :P ;)

Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 12:26 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Ronja wrote:I think there're also many funny things Jarre himself said/did on the concerts and you may remember some another stories from the audience so...put it here, please :D
I remember he said "So if you want, we will start the concert"

ÖH DOOOOOOOH

what do you think I travelled 1000 miles for.. gah :D :D :D :lol:

and, when Jean Michel was telling the story about how brilliant soviet technology was, everybody had to laugh, and I laughed too, thinking about them Lada's and all that crap :D
Dunno if it was really meant as a joke though...

And during RV4, Jean Michel was about to hit the cymbals, but he was at the wrong side of his setup... pity it's not really visible on the tv broadcast, it was really funny :D

Honestly, I had to laugh about this dude who came singing in the pre-program... :lol:

And when they took the raincover of the structure above JM's setup, everybody cheered at thems :D

Oh, and when JM stopped playing the theremin, and went on to play Chronologie 2, somebody removed the power plug... but the volume wasn't put down on the mixing desk, so PPU%$#^&*$%#NOISZ.

During Rendez-Vous2, we suddenly saw a hand with some laser harp coming from beneath the stage... huuuh right :mrgreen:

But it wasn't really a funny memory for me, the concert was very moving and it was a great great experience 8) :D
Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 7:35 am
Finaero

Likes given: 21
Likes received  : 10

GeeJee wrote: Dunno if it was really meant as a joke though...
Well, he only said L.T was sent out by Stalin to show how brilliant Soviet technology was. Not that he agreed with him ;)
Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 8:24 am
Ronja
English Moderator

Yeah, and this "brilliant soviet technology" referred to the theremin, which was quite an interesting invention.
In fact I think that Russia had many tallented people (which the system wanted to exploit) and it was a kind of race between them and USA (take even the conquest of cosmos, not to going back to earlier period), so it was important for Stalin to show that they can be better and "before" with something.
So it wasn't a joke at all.

In Poland sometimes people said "you bought it from Russian people, right?" if they want to suggest something is bad quality (actually there is some market in my city were some Russian immigrants sell very cheap and very bad quality things), but there's also a myth of Russian products being "crude but solid", and it's some thruth in it, for example my little brother was given very old Soviet camera (just to play), called "smena" or something simmilar, and he already droppped it on the floor few times and...nothing, you colud even still use it to take photos. Try to do it with your camera :)

Oh, what off-topic :o
Last edited by Ronja on Sun May 28, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 8:51 am
Finaero

Likes given: 21
Likes received  : 10

Well, Soviets had the habit of spending more money on military stuff, so their normal consumer products didnt' turn out that good (or something).

But they still made cool nukes! :roll: :roll: :wink:
Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 9:47 am
jarrekid

Aero was great. Before the concert, there was supposed to be an hour long show about windmills, etc. It never happened, but there were no notices about why. At the front, we could hear and see this woman fiddling with one of the stage lights shouting:
"S**t f**k why doesn't it bloody work the piece off bull***t!!!!"
Great day. Great rain. Great concert. Bad bus transport. :lol:
Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 12:19 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Ronja wrote:and it's some thruth in it, for example my little brother was given very old Soviet camera (just to play), called "smena" or something simmilar, and he already droppped it on the floor few times and...nothing, you colud even still use it to take photos. Try to do it with your camera :)
I think your own camera has had a few very hard and painful times himself too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 12:32 pm
Ronja
English Moderator

GeeJee wrote: I think your own camera has had a few very hard and painful times himself too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Could it be the reason why it takes such awful pictures of myself? :lol: Oh well...not only this one, so it's not the point :(

Post Posted Sun May 28, 2006 6:02 pm
Hopsinka

Ronja wrote: Wife to her husband: "Stasiu, when will HE start singing???" :lol:
Good one. The only funny situations I registered were Stanislaw Soyka singing before Jarre and when the man on the stage appealed to someone in the crowd to remove his car. :lol:
Post Posted Tue May 30, 2006 11:18 pm
Big time

Jarre leaving the stage during oxygene tour in Copenhagen! He almost stumbled down the stairs at the back of the stage!!! :wink:

Imagine him breaking a leg or something, and it´s goodbye oxygene tour!!!
It was at the beginning of the tour.... :D
Post Posted Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 am
Vieon

Finaero wrote:Well, Soviets had the habit of spending more money on military stuff, so their normal consumer products didnt' turn out that good (or something).

But they still made cool nukes! :roll: :roll: :wink:
Well, Soviets had many good brains, it is a shame they were spoiled by Stalin. Nasty man. Khrushchev was cool though, and Gorbi.

In any case, the time when at the Oxygene Tour in Wembley, the candle that was lit during Oxygene 13 fell over and set light to the stage, you could see Francis running away from his keyboard and frantically stamping it out with his foot :P
Post Posted Wed May 31, 2006 11:00 am
Big time

Naaaah, you must be joking!! :D :wink:

2020 Zoolook.nl