Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Funny situations from the concerts

Post Posted Wed May 31, 2006 11:10 am
Vieon

Big time wrote:Naaaah, you must be joking!! :D :wink:
Me? I kid you not, it was the first evening I think. 6th June? Or the 7th? The Sunday in any case.
Post Posted Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:42 pm
Érosmachine

During the 1997 " oxygene tour " at Manchester , after some tracks , JMJ said : " Thank you Birmingham ! "

LOL :P :P
Post Posted Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:39 pm
Durden

Today I noticed something interesting, maybe not funny. I was watching Gdansk HDTV Chrono 6 file. At time 5:05 you can see cameraman shooting Francis playing and in that time he stops playing his keys and starts to shake his wrist, because of the pain in his wrist. :? Anyone else noticed it?
Post Posted Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:41 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Durden wrote:Today I noticed something interesting, maybe not funny. I was watching Gdansk HDTV Chrono 6 file. At time 5:05 you can see cameraman shooting Francis playing and in that time he stops playing his keys and starts to shake his wrist, because of the pain in his wrist. :? Anyone else noticed it?
Yep I did. A fan asked Francis about it and he replied something like his health was good despite his age but it sometimes hurts the muscles to play the fast sequences etc...
Post Posted Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:59 pm
Jarp2600

Yes, that's true. When I play long a fast sequence, I get also a pain in my underarm. If I'm right it are the finger-muscles you feel.
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 am
jarrekid

My piano teacher said about this. It's how you hold your hand up while playing that affects it. I think you've got to keep your hand as straight as possible.
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:28 am
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

I think it is that :

When you play if you are on a seat, your hands are at the same level as your elbow.
Now try to play standing, your hands are down your elbow, you can see the veins of the hands becoming bigger, then they become red and pink and all the colord of the rainbow :lol:

That is why he shakes his hands ;)
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:07 pm
Friend

he was dancing
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:51 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Yes it could be because the wrists can't relax.
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:37 pm
Equinoxe

Playing repetitive fast sequences for lengthy periods will cause muscle spasms regardless of how you sit /Play and given Francis's Age i expect he would suffer from it quite a bit given the years he probably played keys,try playing the Chronlogie 6 sequence for the whole track and see if your hand aches afterwards....Even with strong joint and muscles this can be quite tiresome for a few minutes

I'd imagine he'll suffer from an Arthritic condition in his hands as he gets older,Jarre too,I get muscle spams from time to time if i play too hard and too fast for long periods and sometimes get a burning sensation in the hands,if I've overdone it for too long which is similar to arthritic pain,and I'm almost half there age,as with every joint ,if you overuse it without actually caring for it it will eventually wear out and cause you serious pain,being a Player also requires proper warmup and rest of the joints in the hands.not just correct posture,in any case most keyboard players tend to have quite strong Muscles in there hands especially if they've been brought up on a real Piano,but even the strongest hands will suffer from Muscles spasms from time to time.

Shaking his hands just loosens the muscle tightness and fatigue.
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:44 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Hmm, feels like we just had this discussion yet that was months ago on old Jarre.net :P
Post Posted Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:13 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Finaero wrote:Hmm, feels like we just had this discussion yet that was months ago on old Jarre.net :P
Yeah - I just didn't want to mention that... :P
Post Posted Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:36 pm
Dialzak

Likes received  : 2

I have a vague memory from destination docklands... am I right? During London Kid... or is it the solo part at the end of rendezvous 4? JMJ and Hank Marvin getting muddled over who is in front of who as they’re sort of slow stepping sideways and Hank sort of shrugging his shoulders? Always made me chuckle. Now I feel the urge to watch it to remind myself..
Post Posted Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:06 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Coincidentally, the first funny moment that sprung to my mind just now also features Hank Marvin. Namely, this bit from Destination Trocadero (1989) where the cable of JMJ's (still awesome) keytar gets tangled so he has to yank it towards himself ;)
Post Posted Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:46 pm
Dialzak

Likes received  : 2

I always have the feeling that they are not quite best mates, as it were... I got the vibe from docklands, although I’ve not actually seen this concert before (now that’s my next obsession!) but is it me or are they seemingly at odds with each other?!

• 2020 Zoolook.nl