Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ELECTRONICA World Tour

Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:13 am
docklands88

(Didn't see an official tour thread so decided to create one so we could have a centralised place for tour discussions to avoid creating hundreds of separate posts. )

From the Official Facebook page:

+++ELECTRONICA TOUR 2016+++
"I´m thrilled to announce the first list of dates for my ELECTRONICA WORLD TOUR. Check your local ticket sites for pre-sales. General on sales date is March 18th. More info to follow soon. See you on the road..."

After several festival appearances the tour proper will kick off in my hometown of Cardiff. Tickets go on general sale this Friday the 18/03/16 with pre-sales happening on specific arena websites in the time leading up to the 18th. The tour then will travel to locations across Europe. At this exact moment no North American, South American or Asian dates have been announced but according to the reveal, more dates are to come so keep the faith.

Announced dates are as follows

Good luck in buying tickets for those attending. Discuss plans and ideas below!

:peacemaan:
Concerts Attended :

Tour 2010: Cardiff CIA 06/10/10
Electronica World Tour: Cardiff CIA 04/10/16

Favorite Concert: Destination Docklands 1988
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:14 am
docklands88

UK & Ireland dates here

Concerts Attended :

Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 am
RemarkableRadio

Hooray. Another "world" tour that doesn't leave Europe! sigh

Does JMJ know there are other places in the world? What about doing a proper world tour? I give you Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Mumbai, Dubai, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Miami, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Chicago, New York, Toronto.... Just to name a few. He would sell out everywhere.

But Noooooooooo, going to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Frankfurt and bloody Ljubljana again!
I am not saying that you have to sell out venues in Brazzaville or Kharthoum, but damn! Again bloody Europe?!?!?!

If there are plans to really go over the world, say that now. I can wait.
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:09 am
docklands88

RemarkableRadio wrote:Hooray. Another "world" tour that doesn't leave Europe! sigh

Does JMJ know there are other places in the world? What about doing a proper world tour? I give you Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul, Mumbai, Dubai, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Miami, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Chicago, New York, Toronto.... Just to name a few. He would sell out everywhere.

But Noooooooooo, going to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Frankfurt and bloody Ljubljana again!
I am not saying that you have to sell out venues in Brazzaville or Kharthoum, but damn! Again bloody Europe?!?!?!

If there are plans to really go over the world, say that now. I can wait.

I know, fans in these regions must be more than a little frustrated. We can only hope that either more dates will be added to this series of shows or, more likely, that there will be a second leg with proper 'world' dates/venues.

I hope JMJ does not leave out North/South America again as well as Australia, Asia etc. All these places will make for a terrific Leg 2
Concerts Attended :

Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:33 am
Domestos

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 5

+++ELECTRONICA TOUR 2016+++
I´m thrilled to announce the first list of dates for my ELECTRONICA WORLD TOUR. Check your local ticket sites for pre-sales. General on sales date is March 18th. More info to follow soon. See you on the road...
first list of dates
Let's not start crying just yet. Although, I guess we've seen world tours of Europe before...

Also, it looks like Francis isn't on board:

Image[/img]

I do hope that JMJ isn't ditching the band.

I'll be going to Jodrell Bank regardless :peacemaan:
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 am
Robi

The tour is well likely extended to 2017...so, this time, let's try to have more hope of a w-o-r-l-d tour.

:wink:
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:14 am
Christophe

I go to the concerts for to see Jarre. And if there are other musicians with him, that's not a big crime. I respect his decision. I hope this time there will be a drummer like in the '90ies. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:59 am
Robi

I honestly wouldn't mind "blood freshening" in the team. New partners ; new style, I don't think it wouldn't that bad!

An upgrade on tracks wouldn't be bad. Upgrade on music-wise and setlist-wise.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:45 am
Domestos

Robi wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind "blood freshening" in the team. New partners ; new style, I don't think it wouldn't that bad!

An upgrade on tracks wouldn't be bad. Upgrade on music-wise and setlist-wise.
Yeah I'd be happy with that too.
Christophe wrote:I go to the concerts for to see Jarre. And if there are other musicians with him, that's not a big crime. I respect his decision. I hope this time there will be a drummer like in the '90ies. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

For me his best concerts were the ones with the full band, drummer, bassist etc. Just really brings things to life.
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:25 pm
docklands88

Anyone like to have a guess on any guest musicians from the two Electronica albums that will appear on the tour every now and then?

Points for the correct guess when its announced haha!

I'd say Massive Attack for Cardiff is my best guess so far, performing together on Watching You.
Concerts Attended :

Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:54 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

Good idea to open this thread but please remember that if you are discussing individual concerts to open a separate thread if there is not one already opened.

Thank you in advance.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:13 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

I think Claude Samard will be on stage too, since his involvement with some tracks on the albums.
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:19 pm
Domestos

docklands88 wrote:Anyone like to have a guess on any guest musicians from the two Electronica albums that will appear on the tour every now and then?

Points for the correct guess when its announced haha!

I'd say Massive Attack for Cardiff is my best guess so far, performing together on Watching You.
Some guests who featured on the album would be the exciting, logical thing to do. Would be pretty cool.

Primal Scream for Glasgow?
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:04 pm
Stereomatic

Likes received  : 1

Dr_Jones wrote:I think Claude Samard will be on stage too, since his involvement with some tracks on the albums.
And maybe Joachim Garraud too
Post Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:20 pm
docklands88

Kanta wrote:Good idea to open this thread but please remember that if you are discussing individual concerts to open a separate thread if there is not one already opened.

Thank you in advance.
Surely it would be better to have just one centralised thread for all tour discussion as opposed to 50 odd threads of clutter for specific shows? Just a thought, that's why I created this as it was similar to the 2009/10/11 tour thread in terms of discussion for everything. Just trying to save on clutter.

Not trying to be difficult or start an argument, just thinking about keeping the board nice and tidy :)
Concerts Attended :

• 2020 Zoolook.nl