Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rendezvous Lyon radio broadcast- Help required!!

Post Posted Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:12 pm
chronos

Hello,

Found this on youtube:

Its the radio broadcast of Jarre's 1986 concert in Lyon, this is the best quality version I have listened to. It has the full intro to equinoxe 5 (the thunderclap) unlike the other radio broadcast versions I've heard that are missing it. Souvenir of China sounds more clearer too.

The problem, the youtuber who uploaded it only as the first half of the show and is missing Rendezvous 3 onwards.

Does any one out there have the second half from the same source??

Worth a shout.

Thanks in advance.
Post Posted Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Nice find! The speed is a bit off (slower than in the version of the radio broadcast that I got in 2005 or so... which actually is a bit faster than what it's supposed to be), but it really seems the best quality radio broadcast of the concert.

(Sadly, there's still that annoying radio station ident in the beginning of Equinoxe 7, which I detest a lot, since the Lyon radio broadcast version of E7 is one of the best ones IMO)

But... yeah, can't help you any further. Sorry. : <

For example, here's a sound quality comparison of the radio broadcast recording that I have and the one from that YT video:

Radio broadcast: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvyu2512195a23n/MP3.mp3?dl=0
YT video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdeawqtk801k91c/YTV.mp3?dl=0

(Gonna remove those links some time in the next few days)
Post Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 pm
chronos

I have had a go at "remastering" the audio from that youtube link. The sound has been cleaned up and the tempo a nudge.

Here's my link:

Wish i could find the second half to this recording, grrrr.
Post Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 am
Flip Martian

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

The person posting it on YT actually says in the comments that he didn't tape the second half of the gig - so no chance of finding it; this was his own recording and he only taped the first half.

I might try remastering the other fuller recording with the missing bits from here, speed correcting and so on, and see if I can put together a full show for liveandloudshows.com.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl