Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lyon 1986 Concert - Repaired and Remastered

Post Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:19 pm
Flip Martian

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

I'm very relieved to announce the Lyon 1986 concert remaster is now available on my site. This took loads of work, involving more than 1 recording from FM broadcasts, over quite a number of hours, in order to present as much of the show that was ever broadcast (and recorded), as well as possible.

For those who haven't heard it, I hope you enjoy it; for those who have heard previously circulated versions, I hope you find this an improvement. Either way, you can grab it from here:

http://www.liveandloudshows.com/2018/02 ... -lyon.html
Post Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Excellent work! Definitely the best-sounding version of this concert. :]

... Man, it really enhances the actual live parts (percussions, orchestra, choirs, certain synths etc.) and thus the concert itself. And finally there's pitch correction. ;)
Post Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm
Flip Martian

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

Finaero wrote:Excellent work! Definitely the best-sounding version of this concert. :]

... Man, it really enhances the actual live parts (percussions, orchestra, choirs, certain synths etc.) and thus the concert itself. And finally there's pitch correction. ;)
Thanks, that's appreciated. :) Yeah, this one was 1 of the more challenging ones but worth it, I think. I look forward to sitting back and appreciating this one - but I may have to leave off JMJ for a week or 2; heard it so many times now, haha.
Post Posted Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:59 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 43

Saw this article today about Paris and the city's balconies:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/ ... g-ceremony

I often think how crazy the Lyon concert was. When the searchlights sweep across the audience it is incredible how many people are crowded onto small balconies and rooftop spaces across the Lyon old town. A miracle noting went wrong, but maybe when the Pope is your guest you get a free pass. Would an event like that be possible now, with no checks on crowd numbers and the structures they are standing on? Probably not, and maybe a good thing too.

In Melancholy Rodeo, JMJ recounts how his initial invitation to perform a concert for the pope was directed towards an out of town ‘safe space’ for a big crowd but he insisted on the urban, hillside backdrop of the old city. So much better as concert scenography but not without risk.
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl