Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

'Oxygene' Classic Albums

Post Posted Tue May 04, 2010 7:48 pm
Matt

I would love to actually visually see how Oxygene was recorded. It would be of huge interest to me to see how, with the use of all the old gear even the 8 track tape recorder, everything was put together with alternative takes etc. I've just watched the Pink Floyd DSOTM Classic Album doco which was brilliant and would love to see the making of Oxygene under the same microscope. I'm sure i'm not alone.
Post Posted Wed May 05, 2010 9:47 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

An extensive and indepth "Making of Oxygene/Equinoxe" DVD would probably sell better than the albums ever did.
If Jarre started releasing "How to make chart topping electronic music" video tutorials....needless to say many aspiring EM musicians around the world would in unison wet their pants. And why not, this sort of music will die if there aren't enough caliber acts in the new generation.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

If he was to do this it would delay other things e.g. new album imho. But still a grand idea. :)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed May 05, 2010 9:59 am
Analog-Umph

Kanta wrote:If he was to do this it would delay other things e.g. new album imho. But still a grand idea. :)
I would imagine that it would be after a new album. But someone should definitely relay the idea to him.
Post Posted Wed May 05, 2010 11:01 am
Matt

i think it would be a brilliant idea as Oxygene was purchased by thousands of people who had/have no interest in other electronic music and would consider the album to be the only chill-out, synth album they ever need to own (lots of my friends actually)

also, i wouldn't be too opposed to jarre putting a new album on hold to work on this, for a project like this to me, would be far more exciting and interesting, anyone else agree?
Post Posted Wed May 05, 2010 11:09 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Analog-Umph wrote:
Kanta wrote:If he was to do this it would delay other things e.g. new album imho. But still a grand idea. :)
I would imagine that it would be after a new album. But someone should definitely relay the idea to him.
After the new album, he would have to do album promotion and other things. :robertdugenou:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed May 05, 2010 5:30 pm
Analog-Umph

Kanta wrote:After the new album, he would have to do album promotion and other things. :robertdugenou:
Perfect, he could do both. :punch:

He really outta start releasing some video in his archives, video today is everywhere in everything. He's gotta promote more than just his music, if he wants to keep the tradition of the "old ladies" alive. Who better to do it, he's practically got a museum worth of goodies.

Infact an even better thing for him would be if he hooked up with some software instrument developers. The name alone would..... well you get the picture.
Post Posted Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:46 pm
russ

Matt wrote:I would love to actually visually see how Oxygene was recorded. It would be of huge interest to me to see how, with the use of all the old gear even the 8 track tape recorder, everything was put together with alternative takes etc. I've just watched the Pink Floyd DSOTM Classic Album doco which was brilliant and would love to see the making of Oxygene under the same microscope. I'm sure i'm not alone.
I agree, it would be fantastic to see a documentary like this. One thing I'd really like to know is was the Eminent present in his recording studio at his Rue de Tremoille apartment in Paris - there are a couple of photos on the web from around this time and I can't see the Eminent in any of them - I think I read at some point that he didn't own an Eminent at the time of Oxygene but borrowed it off of Francis Rimbert - they're not the sort of thing you just lend to someone are they...can anyone shed any light on this?
Post Posted Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:19 am
millau

Jarre did not borrowed the eminent from Francis Rimbert at that time. If he had borrowed one than was it defenately from Dominique Perrier. Because Perrier had an eminent 310 in 1974 as musician with Christophe. Francis Rimbert was at that time a salesman in a music store in Paris. Jarre borrowed the Korg equipment (from the store) from Rimbert for the concert on Place de la Concorde in 1978.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:37 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

russ wrote:
Matt wrote:I would love to actually visually see how Oxygene was recorded. It would be of huge interest to me to see how, with the use of all the old gear even the 8 track tape recorder, everything was put together with alternative takes etc. I've just watched the Pink Floyd DSOTM Classic Album doco which was brilliant and would love to see the making of Oxygene under the same microscope. I'm sure i'm not alone.
I agree, it would be fantastic to see a documentary like this. One thing I'd really like to know is was the Eminent present in his recording studio at his Rue de Tremoille apartment in Paris - there are a couple of photos on the web from around this time and I can't see the Eminent in any of them - I think I read at some point that he didn't own an Eminent at the time of Oxygene but borrowed it off of Francis Rimbert - they're not the sort of thing you just lend to someone are they...can anyone shed any light on this?
He had one in his studio. He got the idea when he saw Perrier using one on Christophe's music in one of the Parisian studios (Ferber I think). I don't know if he had an eminent of his own at the time or if he borrowed it for a while, but during the prior to and during the recording he had it in his studio since it is omni-present on the album.
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm
Dr. Who

I'm pretty sure he didn't own one at the time. He used Virtual String Machine :mrgreen:
"No matter where you go... there you are."
Post Posted Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Dr. Who wrote:I'm pretty sure he didn't own one at the time. He used Virtual String Machine :mrgreen:
Ah, of course!! How could I ever forget you could run actual VSTi's on the Fairlight!!!!! :punch:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 pm
Dr. Who

GeeJee wrote:
Dr. Who wrote:I'm pretty sure he didn't own one at the time. He used Virtual String Machine :mrgreen:
Ah, of course!! How could I ever forget you could run actual VSTi's on the Fairlight!!!!! :punch:
Yes... the £50,000 VST host! :pwned:
"No matter where you go... there you are."

• 2020 Zoolook.nl