Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

MOTU midi express 128

Post Posted Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:08 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

I can't get it to work right. It does receive midi, but I can't yet control anything else with it. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 am
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

GeeJee wrote:I can't get it to work right. It does receive midi, but I can't yet control anything else with it. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi GJ,
I have the MIDI Timepiece AV USB and I have never had troubles with it, apart that I needed to upgrade it with a newer chip in orther to make it PC compatible (the early models where for MAC-USB only). Motu MIDI interfaces are very reliable, I also have a Fastlane and never had a problem too.
I'd have suggested to check your interface with very useful software MOTU Clockworks, but it seems it doesn't work with the MIDI express 128 and other non standalone interfaces.
So my thought is an insufficient power from USB. Try to plug it to a PSU powered USB HUB and see if it works as it should. Or try different USB ports, since it only draws power from the USB bus.
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:21 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

I'm using Logic 8.

It should also work w/o sequencer I think?

Anyhow, I don't think Motu is the most user-friendly gear. Reliable, perhaps.. but not user-friendly.
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 pm
C-Real

GeeJee wrote:I'm using Logic 8.

It should also work w/o sequencer I think?

Anyhow, I don't think Motu is the most user-friendly gear. Reliable, perhaps.. but not user-friendly.
Hello !
No, you have to use a Sequencer to route inputs to outputs.
This interface does not have a "stand alone" mode.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl