Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

UVI instruments - Synthex

Post Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:55 pm
Polarity

Have you heard the Synthex emulation by UVI?
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/uvi-synthox.html
hybrid: sampled oscillators waveforms and VA engine

what you think of it?
I was a bit disappointed when it came to RV2 Laser Harp part...
I think I heard a more convincing (and gritty) sound from PerKristian VirusB (that I own) patch, Supernova or Zero-G Nostalgia patch ...
For the other sounds, not owning a real Synthex, I can't express about its fidelity.

I like much instead UVI Emulation I and Emulation II...
that is Emulator I and II.
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/emulation-one.html
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/emulation-ii.html

On the first one the choir of Ethnicolor is there... (demo track n°3) identical I'd say.
I'd like to have it, but 100 bucks for just one sound I'm interested in is too much I think.

I'd like more the Emulation II perhaps (has more old sounds I like) that has also a more advanced Drumulator (with many more '80s sounds) emulator IMO.
Post Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:42 pm
thhedk

Polarity wrote:Have you heard the Synthex emulation by UVI?
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/uvi-synthox.html
hybrid: sampled oscillators waveforms and VA engine

what you think of it?
I was a bit disappointed when it came to RV2 Laser Harp part...
I think I heard a more convincing (and gritty) sound from PerKristian VirusB (that I own) patch, Supernova or Zero-G Nostalgia patch ...
For the other sounds, not owning a real Synthex, I can't express about its fidelity.

I like much instead UVI Emulation I and Emulation II...
that is Emulator I and II.
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/emulation-one.html
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/emulation-ii.html

On the first one the choir of Ethnicolor is there... (demo track n°3) identical I'd say.
I'd like to have it, but 100 bucks for just one sound I'm interested in is too much I think.

I'd like more the Emulation II perhaps (has more old sounds I like) that has also a more advanced Drumulator (with many more '80s sounds) emulator IMO.

I have to agree with you, that Laser Harp is nothing special - I actually think my atempt in 3. RV, made in Reason and 100% synth generated without samples, is more accurate.

But that choir som Emulator is spot on! I think "VinceBlood" in here, had the real sample once, but he will not share it :)
Post Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:16 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3

Sharing of resources and info is the way of the future, those who do not share will fall behind and hold onto their stuff hoarding it only for themselves. Not learning what they could though the wonderful act of human interaction.

One way is serving all the other way is serving self. One is the future the other the past.

Which is why business/money as we know them will have to go the way of the dinosaur.

The music and entertainment industry is already feeling the effects of this. But as time goes on it will filter up and down through everyone.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm
Polarity

thhedk wrote:
But that choir som Emulator is spot on! I think "VinceBlood" in here, had the real sample once, but he will not share it :)
That's really a pity...
Post Posted Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm
Polarity

I believe I'll skip buying this Synthox...
I'll wait that Spectrasonics will add Synthex waveforms to Omnisphere.
When I asked a few months ago to Eric Persing he replied that Synthex was definitely on their "could add" list.
Hope well.

Hope well also one U-HE maybe emulate Synthex with Diva, but because they were busy doing JP8000 oscillators for it and doing a new modular synth, I don't think it could happen soon.

By chance anyone of you know from which library was derived the EMU Emax one?
It was Emulator I, II or something a bit different?
I asks this, because I if I don't remember wrong the samples inside the Proteus 1 derived from Emax (not sure which series though) library.
So I wonder if the choir sound of Proteus 1, with some adjustment could be useful for replicate Ethnicolor choir).
Post Posted Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:21 pm
thhedk

Polarity wrote: So I wonder if the choir sound of Proteus 1, with some adjustment could be useful for replicate Ethnicolor choir).
Don't know, but then again, the rest of Ethnicolor is pretty hard to replicate, unless you take your microphone and sample strange sounds from strange languages :D
Post Posted Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:23 pm
thhedk

Polarity wrote:
thhedk wrote:
That's really a pity...
Sure, but it was something about, that he spent a lot of money buying original discs and drives. I understand his thoughs, but I am also sure he will free some of them one day :)
Post Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:35 pm
Polarity

Yep, I understand him too if that's the case.

However I'm just interested in that choir sound only from Ethnicolor...
not in replicating all the others.
Post Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:34 pm
thhedk

Polarity wrote:Yep, I understand him too if that's the case.

However I'm just interested in that choir sound only from Ethnicolor...
not in replicating all the others.
I know, I am VERY interested in that sound too!

Jarre uses Emulator II on Second Rendez-Vous - any clue what sound it is?
Post Posted Wed May 15, 2013 5:24 pm
Polarity

Update:
today I finally tried the Vintage Legends demo
(you have to download the UVI workstation player and remember you need an iLok USB key).

I was interested in trying just their Synthex emulation
Well, I'm very disappointed...
they put just a preset in it with no basic waveform...
tried to modify parameters here and there but with a pad waveform it's difficult to get those sounds I was looking for (RendezVous kind of tones...)
The filter sounded to me very weak and disappointing.

Tried also the other emulations: all have just one sound (therefore limited waveform each one)
Really does UVI believe that one can be pushed to buy their products with such demo versions?
I think it's better putting some more waveforms (being their oscillators based on samples) and eventually introduces noises every minute, the impossibility to save patches and so on...

Anyelse tried it?
Post Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:21 pm
JMP

I provided a lot of showcase demo's for UVI and got to admit, was dissapointed with the Synthex emulation. The laser harp is crud but some of the string sounds are pretty decent with similarities to the original instrument.

Emulation II gives you cheap access to some of the original library with good reproductions, interface is decent for tweaking and adding effects but no sampling seems way off what it's supposed to be emulating... I fed back to them that I thought the library provided was too small. They hinted at a Version II with larger library but has never transpired to date, shame really as access to the fuller libraries (even as tweakable presets) would be more attractive to potential buyers. You're talking about a library in excess of 1000 sounds (FMS. Burmer, EMU and OMI 1,2, & 3 - Northstar).
Post Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 pm
radek tymecki

You can find that choir on Emulator 1 disks. male choir and female choir. This sound was used also for example in Pet shop boys's west end girls or France Gall ella elle l'a

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0swarr
Post Posted Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:12 am
Beelooo

radek tymecki wrote:Pet shop boys's west end girls or France Gall ella elle l'a

Thats very nice examples radek , especially for France Gall :D
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:58 pm
radek tymecki

8) anytime
Post Posted Fri May 02, 2014 4:03 pm
Polarity

radek tymecki wrote:You can find that choir on Emulator 1 disks. male choir and female choir. This sound was used also for example in Pet shop boys's west end girls or France Gall ella elle l'a

Actually I have that sound now. :)
Found it on EMU Proteus 1!!
The choir is mixed together and not separated male and female samples as on Emulator 1, but in the end it is that sound.

2020 Zoolook.nl