Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new Addictive Synthesis VST

Post Posted Tue May 21, 2013 5:30 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

Beelooo wrote:
Analog-Umph wrote:I have downloaded everything from the web about the HS, except the hardware itself. :lol:

Anything you need?
I need everything :p

What i really need for now is the different default "preset" sound :

- Clarinet
- Pulse
- Flute
- horn
- Reed

to see how they it really sounds.
That I have not got.

I was hoping another one of our members here to post some of those examples when I last asked him. Computerythm, might look him up, maybe he can help you out.

But you'll need more than that though.

Have you got the manual bro?
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Tue May 21, 2013 5:41 am
Analog-Umph

Polarity wrote:is this the Addictive Synthesis momentum?!?
Got in the daily news another VSTi with Addictive Synthesis
http://tonebytes.com/harmonaut/
32 drawable harmonics with separate ADSR per harmonic
4 waveform types (sine, saw, triangle and square)

could be make anything near RMI HS tones?
OMG that's such an awesome little synth. Brilliant gui layout.
How about the last 20 seconds huh? That's RMI HS right there. Sounds just as dirty too.
Shows you what an enormous difference it is between pure additive synthesis (ie sine waves) and augmented additive synthesis using more complex waveforms.
yesterday I played a bit with Omnisphere parameters and found that with a notch filter and an extreme setting of Cutoff Offset it adds some particular harmonics. Using the right soundsources and Omnisphere uncommon Unison section I did a sound that could maybe resembles something made with RMI HS.
No, not the Oxygene4 lead (perhaps I had to work much more for it), but something original and unheard I think.
Could be useful for the future compositions (also for bass sounds).
Post the noodle bro, post the noodle. :mrgreen:
Post Posted Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm
Analog-Umph

Well after experimenting with this little plug it seems to me that my thoughts have been confirmed, it's more of a pulse waveform that Jarre used for the lead,
as there are harmonics missing in that lead sound. The square waveform as on Harmonaut, gives too many.

Or he used the preset buttons or presets with the harmonic generator.

A simple harmonic synthesiser like Harmonaut cannot get into shaping the sound as much as the RMI can.
Post Posted Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

Analog-Umph wrote:Well after experimenting with this little plug it seems to me that my thoughts have been confirmed, it's more of a pulse waveform that Jarre used for the lead,
as there are harmonics missing in that lead sound. The square waveform as on Harmonaut, gives too many.

A simple harmonic synthesiser like Harmonaut cannot get into shaping the sound as much as the RMI can.
JMJ is Harmonic preset for both Oxy4 and 5. YOu can clearly see it on the rmi photos on fotopedia

http://www.fotopedia.com/albums/fad5258c-2100-4282-8369-2a51d936a666/entries/ea47d06e-5fff-41f4-b7cb-8e8f1d64f319

I've try the harmonaut yesterday night, very interesting one ^^
Analog-Umph wrote:
But you'll need more than that though.

Have you got the manual bro?
Of course i need more ! It's not going to be easy !

I have nothing about RMI, no schematics, manual ....exept some sample sound tou give me and the exellent demo on youtube with RMI KC
Post Posted Wed May 22, 2013 10:11 am
Analog-Umph

Beelooo wrote:
Analog-Umph wrote:Well after experimenting with this little plug it seems to me that my thoughts have been confirmed, it's more of a pulse waveform that Jarre used for the lead,

JMJ is Harmonic preset for both Oxy4 and 5. YOu can clearly see it on the rmi photos on fotopedia

http://www.fotopedia.com/albums/fad5258c-2100-4282-8369-2a51d936a666/entries/ea47d06e-5fff-41f4-b7cb-8e8f1d64f319

I've try the harmonaut yesterday night, very interesting one ^^
Yeah, but unfortunately those RMI settings mean very little to us. Considering it is based on square waves, I still have trouble understanding how that works in reality. Because you'd almost not need any harmonics after the first 6 or 7.
Because the way those harmonic sliders are arranged, it looks as if the synth is using ordinary sine waves - that's how you'd arrange them to get something akin to what we can hear on the albums.

Of course i need more ! It's not going to be easy !

I have nothing about RMI, no schematics, manual ....exept some sample sound tou give me and the exellent demo on youtube with RMI KC
No problemo, the manual, monsieur: http://www.mediafire.com/?sjsz7m6dtx3z7eu

Read these: http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... sizer.html

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... sizer.html

Aside from that, I would contact Jarre and tell him I need his synth for a very important mission.
Post Posted Wed May 22, 2013 10:55 am
Polarity

Post Posted Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 am
Analog-Umph

Jeezus, where the heck are you finding all of these.
Yay a pink synth. But I'll leave you to try this one and report.
Post Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:00 pm
Beelooo

Analog-Umph wrote:
Yeah, but unfortunately those RMI settings mean very little to us. Considering it is based on square waves, I still have trouble understanding how that works in reality. Because you'd almost not need any harmonics after the first 6 or 7.
Because the way those harmonic sliders are arranged, it looks as if the synth is using ordinary sine waves - that's how you'd arrange them to get something akin to what we can hear on the albums.
With the actual sine OSC i use in reaktor, and with this can of sliders arrangement, yes it sounds like OXY5 sequence (exept the high frequencies i've already talk about).
BUT i'm wondering if slight white noise can do the job...

I have difficulties with a simple square base sound; sine is too smooth, and square is too raw.
Maybe a variation of saw (approching square) would be better...i have to test but time is missing

Analog-Umph wrote:
Aside from that, I would contact Jarre and tell him I need his synth for a very important mission.
:peacemaan: Ask him to call me back, we will talk about that with a nespresso :robertdugenou:
Post Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 pm
Analog-Umph

Yes I know, maybe he was using the pulse waveform with a filter?
Post Posted Wed May 22, 2013 5:04 pm
Polarity

Analog-Umph wrote:
Jeezus, where the heck are you finding all of these.
Yay a pink synth. But I'll leave you to try this one and report.
I'm subscribed to an italian synth news...
and so daily I get in the email box two news.

sorry I won't have time during next days to try all these synths (I haven't tried the other one yet).
Post Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:30 am
Armandox

http://tomsaouzinstruments.tumblr.com/

Looks like it has been done... Beta version of a standalone and VSTi version of the RMI available for free download via above link
Post Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 am
Analog-Umph

Jesus, how in the world did you find that. Thanks Armandox, experimenting now, and a big glass to the guy who made it!

"I'm 17 french electronic musician and i'm impassioned by synthesizers and other electronic instruments. That's why I've decided to build VSTi's."

Ahh, you gotta love youth, just gets on with the job.
Post Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 pm
Polarity

Thanks Armanodx!! :)
will try it for sure.
Post Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:22 pm
Analog-Umph

Played around with it, it's simple, but it shows promise, if it remains in development. Though I'd love to know if the dude plans on doing anything else with it, it's reached a point where you really need the original unit to do any kind of serious emulation. Right now as it stands it's a very generic piece of software.
Post Posted Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:23 pm
Beelooo

Analog-Umph wrote:Played around with it, it's simple, but it shows promise, if it remains in development. Though I'd love to know if the dude plans on doing anything else with it, it's reached a point where you really need the original unit to do any kind of serious emulation. Right now as it stands it's a very generic piece of software.
Good evening here !

It's been a while !

Just test that damn good VSTi ! I can go back to the restroom now with my unfinish reaktor projet :pwned: !

• 2020 Zoolook.nl