Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Roland JD-XA do you think he will ?

Post Posted Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:36 pm
christof1971

Hi All,

I've just got myself a JD-XA although I've not had it long I'm quite impressed with it so far, I know there are somethings that other folks have suggested roland update, but ain't that always the case these days, anyways was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether jarre might have consider this to be one to play with, after all he has had a fair few rolands over the years and this one allows you you to mix analog with digital.

Thoughts ?
Post Posted Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:42 pm
matt222

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

I would think he gets the chance to try everything from manufacturers.

Looking at his set up, It seems he singles out certain synths that have a unique sound - Original Nordlead, Fairlight, D50, JD800, Synthex, Memorymoog etc but nothing from Waldorf??? no Q, XTK, WAVE.

Lots of synths these days sound too similar to stand out. It's all about the raw timbre - not effects, drums, sequencers etc - just the raw, undilluted basic sound the synthesizer is capable of.
Post Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:47 pm
christof1971

I think this has now been answered, looks like he is using one in his setup for his new tour

• 2020 Zoolook.nl