Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My Oxygene 2 cover-replica


Post Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 pm
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

Polarity wrote:Thankyou, I will check :)
What else to say, you got the answers from the wonderful fellas here.

Yeah, snare through Small Stone basically. The snare Small Stone is different to the kick Small Stone, different speed. The hi-hat is another separate Small Stone. Very fast, a bitch to nail somewhat, because it has to be just right in terms of bpm or hertz.
Post Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:50 pm
Analog-Umph


User avatar
Posts: 579
Location: Sydney, Australia
Likes given: 3

Analog-Umph wrote:
Polarity wrote:Thankyou, I will check :)
What else to say, you got the answers from the wonderful fellas here.

Yeah, snare through Small Stone basically. The snare Small Stone is different to the kick Small Stone, different speed. The hi-hat is another separate Small Stone. Very fast, a bitch to nail somewhat, because it has to be just right in terms of bpm or hertz.
So, it's more than two SmallStones.
Actually I don't have a real one, but the Arts Acoustics BigRock emulation of a SM mk2
(also got it when on discount last year), so it's not a problem to use many of it.
I made some experiments yesterday.
Perhaps last week my mistake was having tried it on the main output of drums, so with the stereo version of the plugin.
yesterday I used the mono plugin on the single mono outputs of the drums.
and the advanced mode of parameters seems to help also.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:55 pm
Beelooo


User avatar
Posts: 201
Location: France

Beelooo wrote:
In fact , there are 2 small stone at two different speed. The ''aspiring'' is only small stone effect. I Will post sample asap
So here is the "sample", my O2 work in progress.

Minipop sounds have been processed using original EHX SS MKII at full color

- Hi Hat + Tamborin processed above 70%-75% of the lfo rate speed
- All other instrument processed above 10%-15% of the lfo rate speed
(it's a mistake, after listing a while kik is not processed at low speed, maybe not phased at all...wait and see)

Enjoy

http://dl.free.fr/mN8etQLJB
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

on another subject: the percussive sound of Eminent 310U:
my previous Oxygene2 sound lead wasn't good, not quite the one of the original song, because my Hollow Sun Eminent library is lacking those samples.

I want to ask you if there are better pluck samples than those made by Per Kristian:
any else?
His soundfont waves have an unbearable noisy tail!
So for now I made my O2 lead with the layering trick used in the old Korg M1 with the
attack transient samples.
I shorted the Per Kristian pluck sound with Kontakt amp envelope and kept just the attack and layered it with the patch of the HS Eminent string delaying its attack.
So now I have an acceptable lead sound, and mostly more similar to the song one (and for Equinoxe4 chorus too). Have to fix it a bit better however.

But is it possible than no library has ever thought to sample also the percussive variation of the Eminent 310U? Just ignored it and thought to the normal string sound? :roll:
Post Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:08 pm
Beelooo


User avatar
Posts: 201
Location: France

Polarity wrote:on another subject: the percussive sound of Eminent 310U:
my previous Oxygene2 sound lead wasn't good, not quite the one of the original song, because my Hollow Sun Eminent library is lacking those samples.

I want to ask you if there are better pluck samples than those made by Per Kristian:
any else?
His soundfont waves have an unbearable noisy tail!
So for now I made my O2 lead with the layering trick used in the old Korg M1 with the
attack transient samples.
I shorted the Per Kristian pluck sound with Kontakt amp envelope and kept just the attack and layered it with the patch of the HS Eminent string delaying its attack.
So now I have an acceptable lead sound, and mostly more similar to the song one (and for Equinoxe4 chorus too). Have to fix it a bit better however.

But is it possible than no library has ever thought to sample also the percussive variation of the Eminent 310U? Just ignored it and thought to the normal string sound? :roll:
Personally i use Per Kristian samples in my Equinoxe 4 Cover, after a "lot" of treatment.
Although it was good enough for Equi4, the decay is too fast to use it in Oxy2.

For Oxy2, i built a sound from Thor in Reason, and double it with a different EQ and lower volume; it's a kind of double take and it really changes the perception of the sound that i have before.
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Mon May 13, 2013 11:56 pm
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

and here it is... new clip of the work in progress:
http://www.andreapriora.com/demos/Oxyge ... 4-clip.mp3

Changed the Eminent lead sound, changed the bass waveform, the wind now is done with Monark.
I redid the mix a week ago, but I have to check again on monitors, 'cause I worked with headphones only tonight.

I want to redo the track of the VCS3 sweeps following more what JMJ played
and then I will consider this cover/replica finished.
At this point I give up the explosive noise shots (I'll manage them maybe in Equinoxe4).

What you say? Almost there? :pwned:
Post Posted Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 am
Analog-Umph


User avatar
Posts: 579
Location: Sydney, Australia
Likes given: 3

1A. Get much more sustain and high frequency content into the plucks. It's not a quick sound by any means, it has quite a bit of length to it.

1B. Mix the plucks slightly more wet in reverb

2. Slightly more decay on the square solo as well
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Tue May 14, 2013 9:12 am
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

Ok, will try for all, thanks.

Unfortunately Per Kristian pluck samples are not so long... and has a terrible noisy tail.
Maybe I will modify and mix differently the other layered Eminent sample.
Anyway I'm already satisfied with this lead.. compared to the first one I used. :P
Post Posted Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 am
Analog-Umph


User avatar
Posts: 579
Location: Sydney, Australia
Likes given: 3

Polarity wrote:Ok, will try for all, thanks.

Unfortunately Per Kristian pluck samples are not so long... and has a terrible noisy tail.
Maybe I will modify and mix differently the other layered Eminent sample.
Anyway I'm already satisfied with this lead.. compared to the first one I used. :P
You have to use a synth patch, pulse waveform, PK's samples are only good for E4, as Beelooo also mentioned above.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Wed May 15, 2013 5:30 pm
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

Analog-Umph wrote: You have to use a synth patch, pulse waveform, PK's samples are only good for E4, as Beelooo also mentioned above.
:LOL already tried that months ago... anything got near to the original as I got now with Per Kristian samples...
well, perhaps didn't tried with pulse waveform, I'll give it a try.
And if PK samples are good for Equinoxe4 I'm just satisfied..
I rather waste time (since I'm not a genious in programming) for other sounds.
I'm lazy :nod: so today I wrote a mail to Steve of Hollow Sun asking if he will ever update his Eminent adding also the pluck/percussive samples. :P
Post Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:21 pm
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

and at last my final release of this cover-replica:

video URL:
audio only: https://soundcloud.com/polarity69/oxyge ... dreapriora

many changes since the last posted file.
Post Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:44 pm
matt222


Posts: 224
Location: Derby, England
Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 1

Love the minipops and your excellent chorus sound- don't like the sequence - wrong notes - is that intentional?
Post Posted Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 am
Beelooo


User avatar
Posts: 201
Location: France

matt222 wrote:Love the minipops - don't like the sequence - wrong notes - is that intentional?
+1

Sequence is too quantified, you have to speed it up a little. Don't sync it with the tempo.

I really like the minipop too, it's a very good result. Some explaination on how you've built it ?
Concerts attends :
EIC Versailles, September 1993
Oxygen Tour Paris, October 1997
Electronic Night Paris, July 1998
Marigny, December 2007
POPB, March 2010
Electronica TOUR POPB (Accor Hotel Arena), December 2016
Post Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

matt222 wrote:Love the minipops and your excellent chorus sound- don't like the sequence - wrong notes - is that intentional?
wrong notes?
I don't know, actually I started all the project using more than one midifile I had.
I redid from scratch many of the parts but not all indeed.
I think the initial loop sequence is the same I found in the midifiles...
You mean that one?
Thank you for the comment :)
Post Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm
Polarity


User avatar
Posts: 111
Location: Milano (Italy)

Beelooo wrote: +1
Sequence is too quantified, you have to speed it up a little. Don't sync it with the tempo.

I really like the minipop too, it's a very good result. Some explaination on how you've built it ?
Ok, perhaps you are referring both to the initial sequencer loop.
I tried to take out the quantized structure altering it with Cubase random macros or manually, but I didn't liked at all the results I got.
So I preferred to keep it quantized.

The Minipops7 is made with Forgotten Keys drum machine instrument for Kontakt.
I think it's really the best and faithful virtual MP7 you can find around.
I bought the original version and then contacted its creator with my concernings about GUI, multi outputs and kontakt sample groups of the the sounds.
That inspired him to work on new improved versions and I found myself helping him beta-testing them.

Anyway I just applied different instances of ArtsAcoustic Big Rock phaser plugin using different speeds on single sounds of FK MiniPops7.
Lot of time spent to find the right rate speeds, volumes (and compressions in some case) to go near as much as I could to the original track.
My talks with Analog-Umph about the matter also helped a lot to make me go on this path.
Thank you too for listening and comments. :)







  • cron
    2020 Zoolook.nl
    Powered by phpBB forum software
     

     

    cron