Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The last film you saw in the cinema?

Post Posted Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Velodynamic wrote:Image

:robertdugenou:
Oh look, a Tim Burton tree. . . . . . . again :pwned: I had always thought that Helena Bonam Carter was a big head, and there's the proof.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 am
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

Doesn't this...

... remind you this ?

or this ?
Post Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm
AnDrOiD

Clash Of The Titans. :bravo:

SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Mon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm
AnDrOiD

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Not bad for a 'video game to movie' movie. :robertdugenou:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm
AnDrOiD

Inception.

Great film! :bravo:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

Post Posted Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 pm
mathetes1963

Likes given: 3

AnDrOiD wrote:Inception.

Great film! :bravo:
Yes, it is. :mrgreen:
Last weekend: Thor. Loved it. :nod:
This weekend: X-Men: First Class. If the rest of the film is as cool as the 2 minutes I've seen, I expect I'll like that one too... :nico:
  • EDIT:
    Well, clearly I cannot read a calendar. First Class is NEXT weekend. :( Guess it's Thor again this weekend, maybe 3D this time...
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974
Post Posted Tue May 24, 2011 11:49 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Never Let Me Go with Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield. I liked it, kinda surprising story.
Post Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm
AnDrOiD

International trailer for the Tintin movie by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson:

http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/the-ad ... ailer-480p

Looks amazing! :bravo: :peacemaan:

I was afraid they'd screw up the characters, but I think they nailed 'em. Pleasantly surprised! :D
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

Post Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:25 pm
Jon

AnDrOiD wrote:International trailer for the Tintin movie by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson:

I was afraid they'd screw up the characters, but I think they nailed 'em. Pleasantly surprised! :D
Oh, it's animation. Was expecting a live action version. Ohwell, looks good all the same.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:35 pm
Jon

This is my anticipated film of 2011. . .

THE THING, prequel to the classic 1982 John Cerpenter version. As it's a 'R' this should have some damn good gory moments.

Trailer - http://entertainment.msn.com/beacon/edi ... wsignin1.0

Webesite - www.thethingmovie.net

Post Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:08 pm
AnDrOiD

Jon wrote:
AnDrOiD wrote:International trailer for the Tintin movie by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson:

Oh, it's animation. Was expecting a live action version. Ohwell, looks good all the same.
I prefer animation over live action. This way it's still cartoonish, albeit with a more realistic style, and it's easier to imagine this is how Tintin, for instance, would look in real life, whereas a familiar actors face would ruin that. As I've always been a big fan of Tintin, and I think this looks amazing, I'm so looking forward to this movie. :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

Post Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:19 pm
AnDrOiD

Jon wrote:This is my anticipated film of 2011. . .

THE THING, prequel to the classic 1982 John Cerpenter version. As it's a 'R' this should have some damn good gory moments.

Hehe, the Danish actor Ulrich Thomsen star in this film.

The trailer looks nice, but it's such a classic movie that I'm afraid they'll screw it up somehow.
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

Post Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:33 pm
Jon

AnDrOiD wrote:
Jon wrote:This is my anticipated film of 2011. . .

Hehe, the Danish actor Ulrich Thomsen star in this film.

The trailer looks nice, but it's such a classic movie that I'm afraid they'll screw it up somehow.
I have been following the making of the film for some time now. So far it has been given a big thumbs up by those not only working on the film, but those who are fans of the original Carpenter movie. The films director even put the film back to make sure he was a stickler for detail. He has stated that he has watched over 1000 hours of Carpenters film to make sure his sets match exactly with Carpenters. Now thats dedication.

Post Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:01 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Captain America is a great marvel movie I think but the 3D glasses are really not my cup of tea.
It looks like you could walk right through the screen and it was fun to see how it worked. After a while you notice how much light they're stealing from the screen during darker scenes. Furthermore they put off the white balance in the picture and everything has an ugly cyan-pee yellowish tone trough out the whole movie.
The glasses rub on my nose, my eyes got tired and as I went back home I was left with a slight headache. Enough of the 3D glasses...never more for my part.
I think this movie had an excellent story and it was almost as good as the latest couple of Batman movies.
Nice to see "Mr Smith" from the Matrix movies but here as the german sounding "Mr Schmith" and he knows the drill how to become a real bitchy bad guy in movies. :pwned:
Not to say too much the end is a very convenient cliff hanger. :wink:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 am
mathetes1963

Likes given: 3

Velodynamic wrote:Image

Captain America is a great marvel movie I think but the 3D glasses are really not my cup of tea.
It looks like you could walk right through the screen and it was fun to see how it worked. After a while you notice how much light they're stealing from the screen during darker scenes. Furthermore they put off the white balance in the picture and everything has an ugly cyan-pee yellowish tone trough out the whole movie.
The glasses rub on my nose, my eyes got tired and as I went back home I was left with a slight headache. Enough of the 3D glasses...never more for my part.
I think this movie had an excellent story and it was almost as good as the latest couple of Batman movies.
Nice to see "Mr Smith" from the Matrix movies but here as the german sounding "Mr Schmith" and he knows the drill how to become a real bitchy bad guy in movies. :pwned:
Not to say too much the end is a very convenient cliff hanger. :wink:
Yeah we haven't seen the last of ol' Cap! I thought it was wild that he was played by the same actor as the The Human Torch in the two Fantastic Four films. And Hugo Weaving seems doomed to play villains, but he was perfect as Johann Schmidt (sp?). As Elrond in the LOTR trilogy, I kept expecting him to put on dark glasses and say "Mister Aragorn..."
I'm with you about 3D. It doesn't really add anything to a film, its a gimmick. And it gives me a headache...
@Android: I think the "Thing" remake/prequel is a mistake. I don't like to have everything "spelled out" like this seems to be doing. The original story stands just fine on its own merits, as is. Part of the appeal of a great story is to not tell the audience everything, make them use their imagination. And what story is there really left to tell there anyway?

Anyone here seen Cowboys and Aliens? I've been trying to decide if I want to spend the money now, or rent the Blu-ray later.
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974

• 2020 Zoolook.nl