Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Currently, we are experiencing some DNS problems. We hope to fix this as soon as possible.

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Good Bye To All

Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 1:17 pm
Jon

Dear All

During recent events, I have decided to step down as moderator and member of the ‘BlahBlahCafe’ (the Zoolook forum). This decision is based on this site owner’s slanderous remarks to me in which my religious beliefs were not only mocked, but also critised.

A member recently posted a comment in which this sites owner was uncomfortable with in regards to religion. However, the rest of the members comment was to make fun of a photograph posted up by another member, but in a non-aggressive way. I posted up one of the sites traditional Emoticon “laughing” symbols in my own reply to the comment made about the photograph posted. By doing this, my personal religious beliefs came under attack for no reason what-so-ever by the site owner. The site owner was not even remotely interested in apologising in an orderly manner.

I will not allow myself to be part of an online community who openly attacks those who have beliefs, regardless of what they may be. Because of this, I have stepped down and will now longer participate in such a site. It is a shame that these unfortunate events have occurred. It has not blemished my interests in the work of Jean Michel Jarre. Plus, I would like to point out that this site is not affiliated to Jean Michel Jarre in any form other than that of a fan base.

I wish all members of this forum well for the future.

Jon
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 2:23 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 21
Likes received  : 11

I salute you, my good man! You're not the only one who's been in this situation.

I wish you best of luck in the whole world.
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 3:47 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 6
Likes received  : 9

Does not matter if JMJ is not part of this forum. The official form is “Jean Michel Jarre Official Forums.” He does not even participate much there, anyway. The Zoolook Forum is dedicated to Jean Michel and his fans. We are a happy community most of the time. But not all is perfect because this is not a perfect world. Pointless to undermine this forum, Jon because how you feel today. I am sad that you have behaved this way. I hope when I come into any disagreements with the mod team (which I am sure I will) I will behave in a much better fashion. I don’t agree with everything that everyone does but people should meet halfway, if possible

I am very tempted to lock this thread but people are free to express themselves on this topic if they wish. Tomorrow might be another matter.

Surprising you turned up now, Finaero.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm
AnDrOiD

This just shows there're too many things going on in that Moderators Room. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 pm
Kanta

AnDrOiD wrote:This just shows there're too many things going on in that Moderators Room. :punch:
Nah, it gets fairly quiet in there. :p:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 6:02 pm
Phil J.

I'm sorry to hear that Jon. I really hope you can get into some sort of dialog with the Mod concerned and get this sorted so that you can continue as a member.
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 6:17 pm
Adam

Likes given: 8
Likes received  : 3

Sorry to hear about this,you'll be missed on here.
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 8:16 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Hello all,

I thought I’d let you know from my side what I think happened. On one thread I made a remark as a moderator, to which Jon posted a laughing smiley. I took it personally and asked Jon what he meant. While the tension rose, it turned out Jon never meant to personally attack me. So it was a misunderstanding. I apologised for the harsh words spoken on my behalf, which Jon said he had accepted, but later made remarks that made me think he didn’t. Things got out of proportions to which Jon made the decision he wrote at the top of this thread.

I also want to point out that I have never made any "slanderous remarks in which Jon's religious believes were critisised and mocked". This is a lie and it is not based on the truth.

I feel sincerely sorry for what happened, but on the other hand I feel I did what I could to prevent this.

I'm taking a break now and will not be here for a while either.
Have a look at my organ music videos (No Jarre yet): www.youtube.com/user/gjmusique
Benedicat vos omni potens Deus. Pater et Filius et Spiritus Sanctus. Amen. BONNE NUIT. :oldman:
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm
jarrepaul

Hey Guys i hope things can get sorted out.
Europe in Concert Manchester 1993
Oxygène Tour Manchester 1997
World Tour 2010 Manchester
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 9:14 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 21
Likes received  : 11

Kanta wrote:Surprising you turned up now, Finaero.
Well, I did have to wait for 1 year and 3 months to finally get my partial comeuppance.

Funny observations from my absence:
* I've been gone for 10 months and more and I'm still firmly #2 on the "all time spent" list. Which is still misspelled "all spend time"
* I did give a lot to this forum from 2006 to early 2009 but absolutely no one seems to have given me credit or missed me in the mean time! Even poor Ronja was just simply forgotten but she faded away rather quickly from the scene in any case. And was replaced by Kanta.
* It appears the forum has lost some of its spark (engaging humorous conversations with a variety of people as participants) but I'd say the amount of off-topic sidetracking has diminished as well.
* Dr_Jones seems to have become more active than ever before, which is a very good plus!
* The Question Game thread, one of my favorites, seemed to die just a few weeks before the brou-ha-ha in February 2009. Coincidence? :P

The easiest and least dirty way to explain my departure: GeeJee finally got what he wanted, I had to resort to lowly methods to finally get him to admit his previously hidden thoughts about me in public. It's a shame I had to take such an approach just to receive honesty, something I didn't even get from his personal messages or MSN conversations. My only regret is that my retaliation also tainted me in the eyes of some people I used to like and I'm afraid the damage is irrepairable. I'm sorry about that. There's a longer story but telling it wouldn't change anything into any direction.

It appears history seems to have repeated itself, making me wonder who's getting axed the next time (my money's on Jakob BC). Yet to be honest, I did get positively surprised from seeing this thread and realizing I wasn't the only one this could happen to. But when I remember the support and warmth I didn't receive from anyone last year during my similar circumstances, I have to admit that you're not getting any support from me, as if mattered in the first place. I still wish the best of luck to you.

Without further ado, this is my official goodbye post, since now it's more suitable to make one than ever. I shan't address this issue ever again after this post, but you can catch me at the official JMJ forums from time to time in actual JMJ related threads.

And now: Ciao.
Post Posted Thu May 27, 2010 10:06 pm
Kanta

Why post if afterwards you are gonna disappear? There are two sides of the story. I could never replace anyone and that includes you, Finaero. Oh and thanxs for the summary which is really offtopic as this is Jon's thread. I am getting a headache with trying to keep the peace. Maybe, I will be the one that goes. Oh and breaking news I try to visit all JMJ's forums whether they are official or not. There is no competition!

I dislike it when the forum is not a happy place.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri May 28, 2010 9:33 am
AnDrOiD

Perhaps it is time for all us "old members" to resign and let a new generation take over? :robertdugenou:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm
Kanta

AnDrOiD wrote:Perhaps it is time for all us "old members" to resign and let a new generation take over? :robertdugenou:
That’s a very good idea. I am sure I am close to retirement mod age. :robertdugenou:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri May 28, 2010 4:49 pm
Elisabeth

I am a new young member!! :P :pwned:

(sorry but I am not here so often..so I don't really know why it is goodbye and what is written.. but I do wish everything will be good again!) :)
Post Posted Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 pm
Velodynamic

Bye.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE

2020 Zoolook.nl