Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe 5 Vocoded voice

Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:51 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Has anyone figured out what the 2nd vocoded voice that comes in at 5 seconds after the thunderclap on E5 is saying?.

There are two, a high pitched voice which is far more cleaer and a 2nd deeper bass voice. The 2nd deeper voice is probably more recognisable as a sentance than the first. Being that it's in French, I can't make it out.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:52 pm
jarrekid

Play it backwards. It probably says "I hope this album sells as well as Oxygene". :nod:
Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:55 pm
mathetes1963

Likes given: 3

jarrekid wrote:Play it backwards. It probably says "I hope this album sells as well as Oxygene". :nod:
WRONG! It actually says "Vangelis Rocks!"
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974
Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:04 pm
moviemaker

mathetes1963 wrote:
jarrekid wrote:Play it backwards. It probably says "I hope this album sells as well as Oxygene". :nod:
:bravo:
Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:28 pm
Christophe

mathetes1963 wrote:
Or "Vangelis sucks"! :mrgreen: :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:48 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Offtopic:
You are all wrong. :no: It says I :love: :kanta:. :p:
Ontopic.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:32 am
VinceBlood

Jarre is saying "c'est bon ?" (means "it is right ?")when Michel Geiss was testing vocoder during recording. It was an accident.
Post Posted Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:28 pm
jarrekid

....I just realised what would come in handy here: Finding the stereo difference of the track.

For those of you who don't know, finding the stereo difference of a recording can be very useful to break down the song and sometimes subtract (or even add in some cases) elements of the track which are unclear in the released recording. You can calculate the difference between the two channels by inverting one (or multiplying the signal by -1) then adding the two together (so pretty much, elements which are dead center of the mix are totally wiped out, while elements which are panned are more evident). I've been doing this quite a lot to some tracks, but from what I've heard from doing this to Equinoxe 5, I need to give some of Jarre's work a bit more attention on this front.

Equinoxe 5 - Stereo Difference
Post Posted Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:20 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Ok thats nice indeed :)
Post Posted Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:46 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Woaah... that sounds almost psychadelic... :D
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:49 pm
Jon

There's that deeper vocoded voice I was talking about. It comes in at 16 seconds into the recording (link above)
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:49 pm
jarrekid

Jakob BC wrote:Ok thats nice indeed :)
I've gone through almost all of Equinoxe now, calculating the stereo difference of each track. There's some really hidden things in some of these tracks.
In Equinoxe 4, there's a very very clear (and fairly cheesy-sounding) Eminent organ part in there at the breakdown. There's also that electric-bongo that is very clear in the extended version nearer the end. Never really heard either in the original.
Equinoxe 6 is fairly interesting. Again, the drums set dead center are totally removed, and all the sequences can be heard even more clearly. Cool!
Equinoxe 7 is very nice. Luscious pads everywhere. Could almost be totally ambient.
Equinoxe 8 doesn't change much, apart from the variation on Equinoxe 5 where that MASSIVE bass/brass stab sound comes in. In the stereo difference, the stab is reduced dramatically, leaving the paddy stabs. Obviously the brass stabs were set more centrally to really really hit the listener when they come in.
Post Posted Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:21 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

jarrekid wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:Ok thats nice indeed :)
I've gone through almost all of Equinoxe now, calculating the stereo difference of each track. There's some really hidden things in some of these tracks.
In Equinoxe 4, there's a very very clear (and fairly cheesy-sounding) Eminent organ part in there at the breakdown. There's also that electric-bongo that is very clear in the extended version nearer the end. Never really heard either in the original.
Equinoxe 6 is fairly interesting. Again, the drums set dead center are totally removed, and all the sequences can be heard even more clearly. Cool!
Equinoxe 7 is very nice. Luscious pads everywhere. Could almost be totally ambient.
Equinoxe 8 doesn't change much, apart from the variation on Equinoxe 5 where that MASSIVE bass/brass stab sound comes in. In the stereo difference, the stab is reduced dramatically, leaving the paddy stabs. Obviously the brass stabs were set more centrally to really really hit the listener when they come in.
just removing the mono part of the sound using the "channel mixing tool" of your favorite sound editor. In sound forge for exemple it's call Channel converter ; so you can mix the channel, and by this way removing the mono material. Problem, it reverse the phase so it can sound abit "psychedelic" !

The you can hear parts you never hear before. The best thing the channel mixing do by removing the mono material is to remove drums and bass, so you can easily work on diffucult part.

In Equinoxe 4 the bongo you hear is the Korg Drums pad you can see an The Equinoxe 4 Clip.

Have ever listen to the extended version of Equinoxe 4 on the maxi LP ? You'll be surprised..
Post Posted Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:22 am
jarrekid

Beelooo wrote:In Equinoxe 4 the bongo you hear is the Korg Drums pad you can see an The Equinoxe 4 Clip.

Have ever listen to the extended version of Equinoxe 4 on the maxi LP ? You'll be surprised..
If you read what I wrote, I said that this bongo part is much clearer in the breakdown of the extended Equinoxe 4. :wink: :punch:
Post Posted Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:51 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

jarrekid wrote:
Beelooo wrote:In Equinoxe 4 the bongo you hear is the Korg Drums pad you can see an The Equinoxe 4 Clip.

If you read what I wrote, I said that this bongo part is much clearer in the breakdown of the extended Equinoxe 4. :wink: :punch:
:pwned: Ouch it's hurt ^^

That's right sorry ^^

• 2020 Zoolook.nl