Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JMJ's midi controller used for Houston/Lyon for Sale!!!!!!!!

Post Posted Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:28 am
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

vermillion wrote:Some of you guys ask why someone would want to buy the thing because it's just a prop?
The funny thing is there's most likely a few JMJ fans out there, perhaps visiting the board who would buy it....and I think we know the types! I bet there's a few people out there who have stood in their bedroom miming along to Rendez-vous 2, pretending to play the Laser Harp! :D

Certainly after 1993, I knew FOUR Jarre fans who couldn't play a keyboard who bought a Roland AX1. So you just know that hours were spent in front of the mirror waving the AX1 around to Chronologie 4.

Just imagine if those guys could get a replica of the 86 Magic Keyboard, let alone the actual one built for the performances...and all they had to do was plug it into a wall socket and it would light up when they touched those keys! It doesn't take a great leap of imagination to see those guys in their darkened garage with an almost orgasmic look upon their faces as they blare out Equinoxe 5 and dream of being Mr Jarre....DAMN, now there's an image I wouldn't want to see in real life....or in the mirror!!! :lol:

Vermillion
Well the problem is not whether anybody wants to buy it or not, but whether anybody can afford such an expensive item. That it doesn't do much is another thing, which might be a part of difficulties in selling it.
A possible buyer need to be someone not only with a lot of money, but also with an amount of money equal to the price, which they are able to spend on random stuff.
Post Posted Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm
vermillion

Jon wrote:
As for the Laser Harp. . . . . . . Nope, I have never purchased 10 laser spirit levels used for DIY work, mounted them in a board, turned them on and mimed along to the RV2 :smoke:
Well...it certainly could have been a lot worse Jon...at least you never placed a piece of cardboard over the shade of an anglepoise lamp with a bunch of holes in it and a sheet of green acetate over that...then set light to a smoke bomb in your room. Just imagine the embarrassment of having never done that!!! :lol:

Vermillion
The Inhuman Condition - Vermillion's tracks. Go visit the thread, listen and get your groove on! http://216.70.103.199/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3938
Post Posted Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:21 pm
vermillion

Jakob BC wrote:Well the problem is not whether anybody wants to buy it or not, but whether anybody can afford such an expensive item. That it doesn't do much is another thing, which might be a part of difficulties in selling it.
A possible buyer need to be someone not only with a lot of money, but also with an amount of money equal to the price, which they are able to spend on random stuff.
At the end of the day the seller would never get the kind of price they would be looking for. The reality of the Magic Keyboard on offer is that it has been restored, which basically means that its is less original now than it was. If someone want's one that badly then they'd be able to construct their own for a far, far cheaper cost than that of purchasing the one available for auction.
I mean it would obviously be a lovely thing for a hardcore fan to have amongst their collection, but I suspect that more fans would be willing to shell out more money for the little piece of paper you see Jean Michel scribble the concept for the keyboard on to during the buildup sequence on the Houston video, as opposed to a lump of plywood chunks and acrylic sheet put together by a bunch of French and American crew members. lol

Vermillion
The Inhuman Condition - Vermillion's tracks. Go visit the thread, listen and get your groove on! http://216.70.103.199/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3938
Post Posted Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:25 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

vermillion wrote:The reality of the Magic Keyboard on offer is that it has been restored, which basically means that its is less original now than it was.
Indeed!
Post Posted Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am
Michael

Post Posted Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 pm
Big time

OMG!!! I want that...... LASERHARP!!! :D :D

Actually I would like to have that keyboard/controller :P Could be quite cool! Especially for the kids! :P And that includes me of course! :P
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 16
Likes received  : 32

Excellent video. The sale could be the second most expensive item that is from JMJ, if not the first maybe. :? MFS v JMJ's midi controller. 8)
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:19 pm
Michael

Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 pm
Jon

The reserve price being?
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

I'll bid at 10€ :P
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:55 pm
olivier_0001

I just bid 120 euro (reserve price still higher)
Post Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 pm
Jon

Wasn't this up for grabs last year with a price tag of million €€€€€ (euro)??????
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:34 am
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Yes, but it won't sell, as far as I know, the reserve price is 10 000€...
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 am
AnDrOiD

Is it even for sure it's the original? :pwned:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 am
Jon

Good point, but surely it should come with some provinence.

If I owned that, did not have the room for it, I would not sell it, but do my best to find a nice home for it. Music Museum, something on those lines and donate it to them for loan of display.

2020 Zoolook.nl