Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Re-constructed 'Music For Supermarkets'

Post Posted Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 am
moviemaker

This is great! Thanks! :bravo:
Post Posted Sat May 15, 2010 2:19 am
flexible-arts

This i made for .... just for fun :)
I always dreamed about my personal MFS ... so listen & enjoy
I hope everone like it.....bye ;)

Music For Supermarkets part 1 - Per Kristian Risvik
Music For Supermarkets part 2 - Radek Tymecki
Music For Supermarkets part 3 - FrequenZ
Music For Supermarkets part 4 - FrequenZ
Music For Supermarkets part 5 - Jean Philippe Bouteille
Music For Supermarkets part 6 - Original by J.M.Jarre / Cleaned & Textured by Flexible Arts
Music For Supermarkets part 7 - VinceBlood
Music For Supermarkets part 8 - Radek Tymecki

Arranged and Played with Sounds by Flexible Arts....lol
;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?znhmiat1ozd

:wink:
Post Posted Sat May 15, 2010 10:54 am
equinoxe30

For now the best ever cover version of MFS is MFS Side A - Prototype(C). This cover is as close to the original as possible. Radek Tymecki remixes of Jarre are georgius (i know his covers for years), but MFS Part 2 by hmmm, i dont like MSF Part 2 remix of Radek, because of missing howling sounds and the end, wchich means for me a lot, while i'am listening to this original track. Other remixes by Radek are thought great, especially MFS Part 8....
Post Posted Sun May 16, 2010 7:04 pm
LaDefense

flexible-arts wrote:This i made for .... just for fun :)
Thanks Flexible-Arts! I like your mix very much! :D But we need a complete cover version of MFS part 6 to make a "real" fan-made MFS album...
LaDefense -
"Vorsprung durch Technik"
Post Posted Mon May 17, 2010 1:11 am
Pat1982

lol I was also working on a new mix of MFS, but flexible-arts beat me to it :P
equinoxe30 wrote:For now the best ever cover version of MFS is MFS Side A - Prototype(C). This cover is as close to the original as possible. Radek Tymecki remixes of Jarre are georgius (i know his covers for years), but i dont like MSF Part 2 remix of Radek, because of missing howling sounds and the end, wchich means for me a lot, while i'am listening to this original track. Other remixes by Radek are thought great, especially MFS Part 8....
I think the best verions to use are:

MFS 1: SynthX (Radek's is better on drums and dynamics, but I think there are some missing sounds, making it a bit boring. Perhaps he can fix this. I like Per Kristian Risvik's extra solo on top of the main melody as well! could perhaps be used in the end of the song).
MFS 2: Mercurey (Radek's version is actually way more clear (better flute), but the missing howling sounds at the end are indeed disturning. I hope he can fix this as well?
MFS 3: only covered by FrequenZ, but the marimba sound does not 100% matches the original. also the delays and echho are missing what makes this version so different than the RV5 version!
MFS 4: SynthX version tops the FrequenZ version ;)
MFS 5: Jean Philippe Bouteille is the only one who made a cover, so not much of a choice here ;) although drums sound a bit week.
MFS 6: no finished cover yet. needs lots of work. Flexible Arts edit is currently the best we have. perhaps someone with a JD-800 can play those pads on top of this version? to get rid of that AM-radio quality...
MFS 7: Vinceblood made the only cover. It's quite good, but the arrangement is not 100% identical yet (closer to Diva than MFS 7).
MFS 8: Radek's version rocks! Flexible Arts's mix however put too much reverb to it...

The best thing about this 'fan cover project' is that I started to like this album more and more! :D
It's actually one of my favorites now :nod:
Perhaps more people are rediscovering it's beauty..
Jarre should do again an 'arty' expiriment like MFS or zoolook, not again a now Oxygene style album.
Post Posted Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 am
flexible-arts

LaDefense & Pat1982 thank u very much :P

i´m working on this special Song Nr.: 6

So listen it....... :D i hope someone like it......first version

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhmozjjlnjn
Post Posted Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm
equinoxe30

Very nice, but it could be more.... dramatic....
Post Posted Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 am
LaDefense

equinoxe30 wrote:Very nice, but it could be more.... dramatic....
Yes, it's true. I like this version very much, but it's a little bit too soft/romantic/much lounge style. The original version contains more "dark mysteries"...
LaDefense -
"Vorsprung durch Technik"
Post Posted Wed May 26, 2010 11:47 pm
moviemaker

Keep up the great work. :fine:

I too have re-discovered the joy of this album. I actually wish he had released this instead of Zoolook--but I guess we wouldn't have gotten Rendez-Vous then.
Post Posted Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am
johans

Credit where credit is due! You used MY version for MFS part 2 down to the note!! and if it somehow ended up as Radek's version then seen previous posts Vince gave my material to Radek. Because in 2004 Vince and I teamed up to make the full remake of MFS but we had different ideas and eventually we stopped. I still wanted to do the full remake but seen how people blatantly steal others material I think I'll never ever remake it. I can backup my claim with evidence of course.

Johan Schurer
flexible-arts wrote:This i made for .... just for fun :)

Music For Supermarkets part 1 - Per Kristian Risvik
Music For Supermarkets part 2 - Radek Tymecki
Music For Supermarkets part 3 - FrequenZ
Music For Supermarkets part 4 - FrequenZ
Music For Supermarkets part 5 - Jean Philippe Bouteille
Music For Supermarkets part 6 - Original by J.M.Jarre / Cleaned & Textured by Flexible Arts
Music For Supermarkets part 7 - VinceBlood
Music For Supermarkets part 8 - Radek Tymecki

Arranged and Played with Sounds by Flexible Arts....lol
;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?znhmiat1ozd

:wink:
RIP GeeJee
Post Posted Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 am
johans

I did some more research and it seems indeed the 'radek' version has the phase inverted, different mixing but uses all my material. I handcrafted the bottle-blow sounds. They are me blowing an emptpy bottle of Mercurey (just for the sheer phun of it). Recorded on my S330 sampler then played through midi and recorded into one single waveform. The vocoded sounds are made from voice sounds I had but where vocoded using the AKAI Vocoder. Only the timpani sound is a Fairlight original sound. The eerie sound on the end is JMJ's 'vegetables' (from blablacafe) 4 octave down. Yet another thing *I* discovered and no one else. Last but not least the 'ticking sound' in the end you hear is me hitting the same bottle. Even the pitch bends are identical.

You can hear a side-by-side comparison here. Left my version down mixed to mono, right alleged "radek's" version, phase inverted and down mixed to mono.

I also have a 32bit/96Khz mixdown of my work.

I really think it's extremely rude to use my material, alter the phase, compress it to bits, add one timpani sound and then call it your own work. Shame on you Radek. Shame! And Vince... it shows you can't be trusted.

Johan Schurer
RIP GeeJee
Post Posted Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

If this is true, then credit should be given. Also, if people are stealing from you, it shows how good you are.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:35 pm
AnDrOiD

Perhaps it was just a very good replicate of a cover/replicate. :punch:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:38 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

AnDrOiD wrote:Perhaps it was just a very good replicate of a cover/replicate. :punch:
I am sure JMJ would agree. After all, he has made a stand that he should be credited originally. I have to say that I am in agreement. :fine:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

@Johan: that is some seriously phucked up shit right there... but to everybody now over one cam the shaven find I a little overdriven. Have a great live in the Ustated Nites :wink2:
:mrgreen:

• 2020 Zoolook.nl