Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Latest synthesizer purchase

Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 pm
Martman

OMG. I haven't been here in what seems to be forever. So you don't know yet that I finally got myself a MicroKorg in September 2008. There was an exhibition of vintage synths at my "local" music store (a 3000m² behemoth of a shop, actually) at which I got to play stuff like Yamaha DX1, DX7, CS80, VL-1, Korg M1, 01/W, Roland D-50... and bought myself the funkiest VA synth ever. I even brought half a dozen charged (!) Ansmann AA batteries to fire it up on my way back home.

Mine.

The last sun rays of a beautiful day on Hamburg's Heiligengeistfeld. The belfry in the background, by the way, is part of the Hauptkirche St. Michaelis and nicknamed "Michel."

Oh, and if MIDI gear counts, I'm a proud owner of a Miditemp PMM 88-E now, too. It serves as a MIDI patcher and remote in my band setup.
From the Gate To The World, this is
(8Σ
Martman.
Post Posted Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Last photo reminds me of one of those "this is driven over by a car in a few seconds" incidents. Nah it's a fine synth. The Microkorg was my first synth. For a lot of time I didn't get creative on it, and all you heard was how crappy the MK is. Then I started to discover it again. "People" say it sounds thin and yes there is something about it, but the bassounds are underrated. It can easily make the floor shake as if it was caused by an earthquake.
Post Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm
JPQ

Jakob BC wrote:Last photo reminds me of one of those "this is driven over by a car in a few seconds" incidents. Nah it's a fine synth. The Microkorg was my first synth. For a lot of time I didn't get creative on it, and all you heard was how crappy the MK is. Then I started to discover it again. "People" say it sounds thin and yes there is something about it, but the bassounds are underrated. It can easily make the floor shake as if it was caused by an earthquake.
i also like some korg vas (i think ms2000) bass sounds in one youtube video. actually i think one of the best va basses. and i also think best some type synthleads.
Post Posted Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm
synthx

Minimoog Voyager old school, at last !
Post Posted Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:35 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

Yeahhh I finally get back my very first keyboard, the Casiotone MT-11 !! My mum, just give it to me today !! Fully functional, clean, in his original case !

Very chip one, but who knows, maybe use in futur JMJ covers LOL !!

Post Posted Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 am
chrisbern

Great Belooo!! :D I wished to posses my first keyboard. It was a no-name toy keyboard, but I could make my own drum patterns. It was 1987... I have still my records how I play RV4 on it :).
My JMJ covers and replicas on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/chrisbern75
Post Posted Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:45 pm
juanito

Likes received  : 2

Hi,

My last purchase is an Eminent 310U Theatre version!

;)
Post Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:06 pm
jeremy

Last purchase is Nordlead 2X (one month ago). Next on the list: VP330 (early march). Then I won't be needing anything more for a while.
Main synths: Roland Fantom X6, XP80, Alesis Ion, Korg 01/WFD, Wavestation SR, Oberheim Matrix 1000.
Post Posted Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:03 am
Dr. Who

Virus Indigo.... TDM! Technically still a synth :D
"No matter where you go... there you are."
Post Posted Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm
RetroDan16

Just ordered an Alesis Micron for a bargain price, seems they are pretty good from what Ive read :D
Post Posted Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

RetroDan16 wrote:Just ordered an Alesis Micron for a bargain price, seems they are pretty good from what Ive read :D
I've been tempted to get one of those.. there seems to be a software editor/librarian out there somewhere, too. Should be a good synth! :fine:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:09 pm
RetroDan16

GeeJee wrote:
RetroDan16 wrote:Just ordered an Alesis Micron for a bargain price, seems they are pretty good from what Ive read :D
I've been tempted to get one of those.. there seems to be a software editor/librarian out there somewhere, too. Should be a good synth! :fine:
If I can get hold of the software editor I think it could be really cool - I did read that the in depth editing can be laborious at times. Never tried anything Alesis before but having yet to have read anything particularly bad about the Micron, just that it is pretty good VA... I shall report my findings when I have it!
Post Posted Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:47 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

RetroDan16 wrote:
GeeJee wrote:
If I can get hold of the software editor I think it could be really cool - I did read that the in depth editing can be laborious at times. Never tried anything Alesis before but having yet to have read anything particularly bad about the Micron, just that it is pretty good VA... I shall report my findings when I have it!
Looking forward to that! It seems like the Micron/Ion is quite a deep synth, so an editor is not quite a luxury ;)
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:53 pm
radek tymecki

i had some occasion to get few things...

also 01w fd, mc808, cz1 but i don't have photos :)
Post Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:16 am
juanito

Likes received  : 2

Hi All,

My new one is a Nord Lead 2X Limited Edition and 3 small stones. 2x V2 et 1x V1. Problem that one of my V2's doesn't work. Has any one an idea? OTA has been changed... but no way!

:roll:

• 2020 Zoolook.nl