Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Hello from France

Post Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:21 pm
StudioR7

Hi ladies and gents !

After a brief hesitation, here I am on JMJ's Official Forums.

Let's move to the essential, will you ? Like many people here, I'm a big Jarre fan (we could say a "Jarre Boy"), the Master having initiated my musical practice and that passion for synthesizers and sound synthesis.

I listen to (and watch) JMJ since my very early years (born in 1981, and my mother did listen to JMJ while she was pregnant), his music leading me, at the age of 9, to play synth. Of course, at this time, it was a very simple keyboard : a Yamaha PSR-90, very cheap (with interesting sounds, though).

Anyway, it enabled me to play Jarre's music by ear memory only (I did not know music theory yet), since I could not buy score books (my parents might have said "no", I guess).
So I continued playing (and, later, learning music theory), and, throughout the passing years, gear I used changed : Yamaha PSR-90 sold, replaced by a GEM WS1/D (very interesing keyboard, with outstanding strings and choirs), replaced by a Roland XP-10, finally replaced by a Roland D50 (a synth I really LOVE).

So, I never got any synth without having JMJ in mind (for any reason), and this "jarre syndrom" goes to the point where I played synchronously while watching video concerts.
This is still the case, though. Even if I never could participate to one of his concerts (I hope I will, one day), and even if his latest records please me not as much as Oxygène or Chronology, I'm still a "Jarre Boy".

Of course, JMJ is not the only stuff I listen to. We can add classical music (influence only), rock, metal (even the most brutal ones), celtic music, and many other things.
JMJ still is one of my major influences with Metal and Patrick Rondat (his guitarist, I have seen many times in concert and also in master-classes, since I also am guitarist).

If I have a dream ? Ho yes, of course, but it's maybe an unachievable one : playing synth with the Master himself ! Something I dream of since many years :P

So… It's just me, Rémy, aka Studio R7, still a "Jarre Boy" since all these years ;)
Studio R7
Follow me on YouTube

Eminent 310U Standard owner
Kromalaser KL-450 "Basic" laser harp user
Post Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:45 pm
Black Bird

StudioR7 wrote:Hi ladies and gents !

After a brief hesitation, here I am on JMJ's Official Forums.

Let's move to the essential, will you ? Like many people here, I'm a big Jarre fan (we could say a "Jarre Boy"), the Master having initiated my musical practice and that passion for synthesizers and sound synthesis.

I listen to (and watch) JMJ since my very early years (born in 1981, and my mother did listen to JMJ while she was pregnant), his music leading me, at the age of 9, to play synth. Of course, at this time, it was a very simple keyboard : a Yamaha PSR-90, very cheap (with interesting sounds, though).

JMJ still is one of my major influences with Metal and Patrick Rondat (his guitarist, I have seen many times in concert and also in master-classes, since I also am guitarist).

If I have a dream ? Ho yes, of course, but it's maybe an unachievable one : playing synth with the Master himself ! Something I dream of since many years :P

WOW ! You must be a fan if your Mother listened to JMJ when she was pregnant !!! :peacemaan: My mom listened to german love-song-Singers, when she was pregnant with me. :mrgreen: Thank`s god, I´m not influenzed by that sort of music ! :mrgreen:

I also like Patrick Rondat :D

I hope your dreams come true ..one day ! Never give up ! :listen:
Post Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

:welcome: to the forum. :D
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 pm
StudioR7

Black Bird wrote:WOW ! You must be a fan if your Mother listened to JMJ when she was pregnant !!! :peacemaan: My mom listened to german love-song-Singers, when she was pregnant with me. :mrgreen: Thank`s god, I´m not influenzed by that sort of music ! :mrgreen:
Albums released after "Oygene 7-13" excepted, yes ^^
Black Bird wrote:I hope your dreams come true ..one day ! Never give up ! :listen:
Giving up is not part of my vocabulary. I also wanted an Eminent 310 for a long time, and that's about to be realized (for Xmas, if things go the right way :D).
I have a precious advantage in order to play with the Master : same playing style and same attitude as Domino :wink: (and a f*cking perfectionist too…)
Studio R7
Follow me on YouTube

Post Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:37 am
Starcat

:welcome: and have a great time being here, Rémy. :D Great to hear that you mum influenced you while being pregnant with you and that you are aiming at JMJ. :D Love your Chronologie 2 version!!! :peacemaan: Never say never and hold on to your dreams. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Starcat =* *=
Post Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:52 pm
StudioR7

Starcat wrote::welcome: and have a great time being here, Rémy. :D Great to hear that you mum influenced you while being pregnant with you and that you are aiming at JMJ. :D Love your Chronologie 2 version!!! :peacemaan: Never say never and hold on to your dreams. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Thanks ^^
But… I did not cover "Chronologie 2" yet ! Just made the famous JD-800/990 patch for D50/550 ;)
Studio R7
Follow me on YouTube

Post Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm
Starcat

I beg your pardon!!! :oops: :D
Starcat =* *=
Post Posted Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:44 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1