Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 pm
millau

millau wrote:Ok, the Tangerine dream track is the most boring track ever, even the remix sounds so old. It is back to 1993(the remix) the Original (OMG, what a bullshit) I don't like Tangerine dream. They are so old in music. Always the same and the same. It is like synthesiser greatest music. Music for the older men. Nobody cares about tangerine dream. I hope that Jarre will collaborate with Kraftwerk. These guys are the inventors and the masters of electronic music of today and the future.
Im sorry but who pissed on your breakfast? Why do you get so negatively emotional about TD?
Do respect that others on this forum are listeners of TD aswell as Kraftwerk. If you have a need to be negative about the way you do in this situation. Maybe you could find other forum societies that talks in your directions.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Fri May 15, 2015 10:02 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Jakob BC wrote: Im sorry but who pissed on your breakfast? Why do you get so negatively emotional about TD?
Do respect that others on this forum are listeners of TD aswell as Kraftwerk. If you have a need to be negative about the way you do in this situation. Maybe you could find other forum societies that talks in your directions.
It at least distracts us from the negative comments on Glory !
Post Posted Fri May 15, 2015 10:49 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Jakob BC wrote:
millau wrote:Ok, the Tangerine dream track is the most boring track ever, even the remix sounds so old. It is back to 1993(the remix) the Original (OMG, what a bullshit) I don't like Tangerine dream. They are so old in music. Always the same and the same. It is like synthesiser greatest music. Music for the older men. Nobody cares about tangerine dream. I hope that Jarre will collaborate with Kraftwerk. These guys are the inventors and the masters of electronic music of today and the future.
Why do you get so negatively emotional about TD?
Because the TD track is pure crap! That's Why.
Post Posted Sat May 16, 2015 1:10 am
millau

millau wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:
Seriously? It's pure Jarre.

I'm curious: What songs of Jarre do you like since you don't like the TD track? Are you more into his melodic stuff since you don't like this track?

Personally I feel the TD track is as close as we get to the golden era of Jarre. He has some of these moments every now and then.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Post Posted Sat May 16, 2015 2:44 am
Elf

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Elf wrote:
Finaero wrote:And on that note, a project like this would have been totally unheard of 10 years ago, when JMJ was still more of a "pariah" of the (electronic) music community. Good to see that he's earned more respect from his fellow musicians (and other people) in the mean time.
Well... yes and no. It's certainly much cooler to say you like Jarre now than it was back then. But in the 90s the electronica artists of the day were all singing his praises and acknowledging Jarre's influence on them. And a lot of them lined up to remix him.

However, the synth artists of the early 80s did NOT admit Jarre was an influence. For them it was Kraftwerk all the way, and for some it was Tangerine Dream (but that was more for the late 70s early 90s electronica artists)

But Jarre did collaborate with a lot of influential artists who respected him very much in the 80s. Laurie Anderson, Adrian Belew and Marcus Miller.

But I don't hink Gary Numan would have done a collaboration with Jarre in the 80s :)

This is the person helped heal Houston .
The person loved, held in high esteem by every day folk
China, to Egypt.
This is the person gave free outdoor concerts so even the poor, homeless experience elation.
This is the person embraces every culture.

Whether JMJ last ten fifteen years was seen as "uncool" a "pariah" by some or more
In the "electronic community"
says more about these people.

Really these people should hold up a mirror
and stop being "sanctimonious".

Collaborations :
JmJ was massive in the 80s
Gary Newman was a drop in comparison.
If anything Gary would have been honoured to collaborate with JmJ.
Whereas JmJ really was too big to even consider collaborating with any other EM musician :
Laurie Anderson was different cause she was avant garde.

These days it's different.

Influences :
Far far easier to copy Kraftwerk when limited in musical ability :
As majority Sythnpop musicians were limited : which they readily agree (youtube)
Copying JmJ far harder. Plus JmJ was not pop, not songs

As far as music
JmJ already did 76-88
What
Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers, Future Sound of London, The Orb, Boards of Canada, Biosphere
do and more.

Every electronic musician , band stick to one EM style :
Klaus Scultze, KW, TD, Vangelis, Jan Hammer, Gary Numan, Depeche Mode, Yellow, Moroder, OMD,
the above mentioned, you name it.

Difference is JMJ reaally went beyond " traditional" EM : 84,88
beyond any of these musicians, bands.
The only musician comparable was Peter Gabriel' Last Temptation of Christ.

As a composer JmJ got imprisoned by big record companies demanding hits.
Really JmJs brilliance was shut down after 88.
I don't think any of us are aware of the talent JMJ had
to incorporate, blend musical styles from all around the world
: taking EM way beyond.
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Sat May 16, 2015 4:18 am
millau

millau wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:
Some construction on the why you think so would help however. Not a fan of TD? Sure I can get behind that, their music is more of an aquired taste compared to most other musicians in the field. But that doesn't make it crap or old (well not metaphorically anyway).
I personally ain't a fan of Kraftwerk, but that music is anything but crap either...
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Post Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:25 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

Kanta wrote:Add Gary Numan to the list....

17 February 2014 - Update on the Jean Michel-Jarre news: They will record together when Gary returns to the States later this month. Stay tuned to the NAGNFC for the latest on this much-awaited collaboration.

Source

Gary recently sung on his collaboration with Jean-Michel Jarre and had dinner with him that evening. The new Jarre album is a highly anticipated follow up to the 2007 album Teo and Tea. Hopefully it won't be much longer before we get to hear it. In April, Jarre released another collaboration with Gesaffelstein called Conquistador, also believed to be a track from the new studio album expected to be released later this year. Another track from the new album, Glory, was released in April as part of the soundtrack to a short film called EMIC. Stay tuned to the NAGNFC for the latest!
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:50 pm
Robi

Robi wrote:
Kanta wrote:Add Gary Numan to the list....

17 February 2014 - Update on the Jean Michel-Jarre news: They will record together when Gary returns to the States later this month. Stay tuned to the NAGNFC for the latest on this much-awaited collaboration.

Source

Gary recently sung on his collaboration with Jean-Michel Jarre and had dinner with him that evening. The new Jarre album is a highly anticipated follow up to the 2007 album Teo and Tea. Hopefully it won't be much longer before we get to hear it. In April, Jarre released another collaboration with Gesaffelstein called Conquistador, also believed to be a track from the new studio album expected to be released later this year. Another track from the new album, Glory, was released in April as part of the soundtrack to a short film called EMIC. Stay tuned to the NAGNFC for the latest!
Gary is a good singer. Have to listen to Cars now!! :punch:
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:47 am
millau

The original version of Glory is much better. This remix is not bad, but it sounds like an old track from 2004. Nothing special at all.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Post Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

I laughed while I shouldn't :-D
Post Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 pm
Robi

Kanta wrote:Jean-Michel Jarre, M83 - Glory complete video is working now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF7OoJZPLJc
That guy changing TV sets back and forth is Adam Savage from MythBusters?

Lisa Paclet did a brilliant job on this video. The lyrics makes more sence to me now. :fine:
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:44 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

Velodynamic wrote:That guy changing TV sets back and forth is Adam Savage from MythBusters?
It's The Dude Lebowsky.
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:36 am
millau

Glory still the best track. It is strange why "open minded" Jarre people hate this track. Maybe the "open minded people" are not so open minded at all.

Glory is exactely what oxygene, zoolook was at that time. Nobody liked it. It is clear that some people here are not artistic.

Mr. Jarre should not listen about the eternal fans. Artists must do there own thing. All the rest is pure bullshit!
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:20 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

millau wrote:Glory still the best track
Ditto. What I find interesting about "Glory" is that I think it is so far the only track that didn't "require" JMJ to do a "JMJ reworked mix"; like he felt that the original version is good enough to carry his name ;)
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 am
synthmann

millau wrote:Glory still the best track. It is strange why "open minded" Jarre people hate this track. Maybe the "open minded people" are not so open minded at all.

Glory is exactely what oxygene, zoolook was at that time. Nobody liked it. It is clear that some people here are not artistic.

Mr. Jarre should not listen about the eternal fans. Artists must do there own thing. All the rest is pure bullshit!
1. So now those who don't like Glory are suddenly not open minded nor artistic?!
2. Can people have different tastes in your world or should we all be blindly applauding every standard pop song that happens to carry Jarre's name?
3. Nobody is telling Jarre not to make tracks like Glory, we just don't have to automatically like them.
4. I personally like everything I've heard of the other new tracks a lot, just not Glory. Does that qualify me as narrow minded and not-artistic?
5. To me, Glory's vocals (we belong to blablabla ) are a whining nagging nuisance to my ear and then followed by 2014 style out of fashion football anthem "oh ho oh's". And it all doesn't sound harmonic nor rhythmically coherent to me. To me, honestly, it's painful to have listen to it. Am I entitled to this taste/opinion?

6. To put Glory in the same league as Oxygene and Zoolook?! These two albums were breakthrough albums providing the world with sounds and compositions unheard of before. Do you think Glory is breakthrough music like that? Do you think Jarre will win awards or prizes for Glory like he did for oxygene and zoolook? You claim nobody liked oxygene or zoolook at the time? Why then did oxygene hit the top ten of many charts around the world? It was a smash-hit! So please, I kindly advize you to at least get your facts straight and stop putting labels on people whom you don't really know but just happen to dislike Glory.

My prediction: Glory will not top the charts, nor be a clubhit, nor will get much airplay outside of France. It will not win Jarre any prizes or awards for creative new music. Despite sounding like a popsong, I doubt it will please a large audience.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl