Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)

Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:44 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

John Carpenter est en couverture du magazine français " Obskure " N° 24 - Avril / Juin 2015 . Extrait de l'article , à la fin :

" Il est aussi à noter que , tout comme David Lynch , il a participé à un projet d'album de Jean-Michel Jarre qui devrait voir le jour d'ici peu ."

--------------------

John Carpenter is on the cover of French magazine " Obsküre " N ° 24 - April / June 2015 . From the article , at the end:

"It is also worth noting that, like David Lynch, he participated in an album project of Jean- Michel Jarre , which should be released soon. "
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:37 pm
Robi

melo wrote:John Carpenter est en couverture du magazine français " Obskure " N° 24 - Avril / Juin 2015 . Extrait de l'article , à la fin :

" Il est aussi à noter que , tout comme David Lynch , il a participé à un projet d'album de Jean-Michel Jarre qui devrait voir le jour d'ici peu ."

--------------------

John Carpenter is on the cover of French magazine " Obsküre " N ° 24 - April / June 2015 . From the article , at the end:

"It is also worth noting that, like David Lynch, he participated in an album project of Jean- Michel Jarre , which should be released soon. "
Yes, in October! :fine:

Hopefully, though.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:10 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 193
Likes received  : 402

Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:14 pm
Vumiko

Dr_Jones wrote:Could we have a title?
1 CD:
http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/_Jean- ... ?langId=-3

and 2LP:
http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/_Jean- ... ?langId=-3

and a release date? 16/10/2015
jean Michel Jarre E Project....

Coming 16th of October...(long wait, but almost there)
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:35 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

On vinyl too? Oh yeah.

(Even though these days even vinyl recordings aren't exempt from the Loudness War. Unlike in 2005, when Depeche Mode's Playing The Angel was superb on vinyl and LOOOOOOOOOOUD elsewhere)
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:43 pm
Christophe

Dr_Jones wrote:I laughed while I shouldn't :-D
Why you use my profilephoto? That's not funny! :?

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:48 pm
Dr_Jones

Christophe wrote:
Uh? What?
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:42 pm
Christophe

Dr_Jones wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Uh? What?
I'm now on my laptop and i see the problem is solved! It was a strange error in my iPhone. My apologies for that. :wink: :? :shock:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 pm
Black Bird

synthmann wrote:
millau wrote:Glory still the best track. It is strange why "open minded" Jarre people hate this track. Maybe the "open minded people" are not so open minded at all.

Glory is exactely what oxygene, zoolook was at that time. Nobody liked it. It is clear that some people here are not artistic.

Mr. Jarre should not listen about the eternal fans. Artists must do there own thing. All the rest is pure bullshit!
1. So now those who don't like Glory are suddenly not open minded nor artistic?!
2. Can people have different tastes in your world or should we all be blindly applauding every standard pop song that happens to carry Jarre's name?
3. Nobody is telling Jarre not to make tracks like Glory, we just don't have to automatically like them.
4. I personally like everything I've heard of the other new tracks a lot, just not Glory. Does that qualify me as narrow minded and not-artistic?
5. To me, Glory's vocals (we belong to blablabla ) are a whining nagging nuisance to my ear and then followed by 2014 style out of fashion football anthem "oh ho oh's". And it all doesn't sound harmonic nor rhythmically coherent to me. To me, honestly, it's painful to have listen to it. Am I entitled to this taste/opinion?

6. To put Glory in the same league as Oxygene and Zoolook?! These two albums were breakthrough albums providing the world with sounds and compositions unheard of before. Do you think Glory is breakthrough music like that? Do you think Jarre will win awards or prizes for Glory like he did for oxygene and zoolook? You claim nobody liked oxygene or zoolook at the time? Why then did oxygene hit the top ten of many charts around the world? It was a smash-hit! So please, I kindly advize you to at least get your facts straight and stop putting labels on people whom you don't really know but just happen to dislike Glory.

My prediction: Glory will not top the charts, nor be a clubhit, nor will get much airplay outside of France. It will not win Jarre any prizes or awards for creative new music. Despite sounding like a popsong, I doubt it will please a large audience.
I fully agree with you Synthmann ! :)
It's sad and sickening that there are people who want to impose their opinion the other. (Really bad on FB here it should be more tolerant....I hope ! )
I feel similarly about "Glory". Boring and annoying for me. That's my taste ! One of the reasons for this project is to Show probably the diversity of electronic Music ...so I think everybody will find favorite tracks . And it seems much more to come :)

So I think about this http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/_Jean- ... ?langId=-3

It´s in my Country, and I think: Is this the final title für the collaboration Album ?
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 pm
Dr_Jones

Black Bird wrote:Is this the final title für the collaboration Album ?
Probably a working title; the image is a placeholder image.
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:13 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Jote wrote: Ditto. What I find interesting about "Glory" is that I think it is so far the only track that didn't "require" JMJ to do a "JMJ reworked mix"; like he felt that the original version is good enough to carry his name ;)
He handed it over to other "collaborators" to do the crappy work for him. :wink: :wink:
Black Bird wrote: So I think about this http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/_Jean- ... ?langId=-3

It´s in my Country, and I think: Is this the final title für the collaboration Album ?
Not very likely but still interesting. They even got an EAN-code and numbers for the product already? :nod:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 pm
millau

Black Bird wrote:
synthmann wrote:
millau wrote:Glory still the best track. It is strange why "open minded" Jarre people hate this track. Maybe the "open minded people" are not so open minded at all.

Glory is exactely what oxygene, zoolook was at that time. Nobody liked it. It is clear that some people here are not artistic.

Mr. Jarre should not listen about the eternal fans. Artists must do there own thing. All the rest is pure bullshit!
1. So now those who don't like Glory are suddenly not open minded nor artistic?!
2. Can people have different tastes in your world or should we all be blindly applauding every standard pop song that happens to carry Jarre's name?
3. Nobody is telling Jarre not to make tracks like Glory, we just don't have to automatically like them.
4. I personally like everything I've heard of the other new tracks a lot, just not Glory. Does that qualify me as narrow minded and not-artistic?
5. To me, Glory's vocals (we belong to blablabla ) are a whining nagging nuisance to my ear and then followed by 2014 style out of fashion football anthem "oh ho oh's". And it all doesn't sound harmonic nor rhythmically coherent to me. To me, honestly, it's painful to have listen to it. Am I entitled to this taste/opinion?

6. To put Glory in the same league as Oxygene and Zoolook?! These two albums were breakthrough albums providing the world with sounds and compositions unheard of before. Do you think Glory is breakthrough music like that? Do you think Jarre will win awards or prizes for Glory like he did for oxygene and zoolook? You claim nobody liked oxygene or zoolook at the time? Why then did oxygene hit the top ten of many charts around the world? It was a smash-hit! So please, I kindly advize you to at least get your facts straight and stop putting labels on people whom you don't really know but just happen to dislike Glory.

My prediction: Glory will not top the charts, nor be a clubhit, nor will get much airplay outside of France. It will not win Jarre any prizes or awards for creative new music. Despite sounding like a popsong, I doubt it will please a large audience.
I fully agree with you Synthmann ! :)
It's sad and sickening that there are people who want to impose their opinion the other. (Really bad on FB here it should be more tolerant....I hope ! )
I feel similarly about "Glory". Boring and annoying for me. That's my taste ! One of the reasons for this project is to Show probably the diversity of electronic Music ...so I think everybody will find favorite tracks . And it seems much more to come :)

So I think about this http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/_Jean- ... ?langId=-3

Yes, I think that Glory has more potentional than the other tracks. The worst track for me is the TD remix. That is realy oldfashion like back in 1994. I've heard better dance tracks than this. But I understand some people, it is easy, simple and it has already a million times done before.
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:55 am
docklands88

Wow, so much hate and arguing both in this thread and the other recent one. What's happened to this forum? :shock: It sounds like neither the pro or against party is going to change their views and opinions so does it really make much sense in arguing and flaming each other? Both sides are trying to state their opinions as fact and as if their opinion is the only one that matters when neither is right or wrong, art is subjective. We all can't like the same stuff so it makes little sense in attacking others. Just relax, have a cold drink and move on. :peacemaan:
Concerts Attended :

Tour 2010: Cardiff CIA 06/10/10
Electronica World Tour: Cardiff CIA 04/10/16

Favorite Concert: Destination Docklands 1988
Post Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 9

Normally, I only have an opinion about the way people treat animals, bake, cook and eat their limbs and intestines, but in this case I totally agree with both synthman and docklands88.
Post Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:59 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 310

These opinions are not just on the forum but on other internet social sites...!
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011