Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

We have migrated to a new server. As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Equinoxe Infinity - 16 November 2018

Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:36 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 24
Likes received  : 12

I'm still waiting for an official release of the track.

(Before that, I'll assume it's a JMJ version of Guru Josh - Infinity)
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:48 pm
Jarreshair

I will wait also.

Hoping it's Magnetic Fields 2 cheesy.
At worst Calypso cheesy.
If Teo & Teo level :cry:

But it can't be as bad as Exit can it?
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:15 pm
Big time

Infinity Movement 6

DON'T tell me this is Jean-Michel Jarre!??.... A track from the so-called """Equinoxe sequel"""....?? :roll:

And I just noticed that I've been kicked out of the FB group "Jean Michel Jarre and Fans" Hahaha wtf!? Because I don't want to trick myself into liking his new stuff?? :D And this was BEFORE I heard this Movement 6! Oh boy :D :D Who's the boss at that site?
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 pm
Josue143803

=edited= :(
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm
Oxynoxe

Sticker by Sony Music Entertainment
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm
Big time

Oxynoxe wrote:Dear Big time, please edit your post and delete the quote of my post in it.

As I wrote there, please do not quote this link. Thanks for your understanding.
Just did :) I missed that part (Don't know why), sorry :)
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:15 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 11

I stillk haven't given a single track a shot, really curious now since the reception so far doesn't seem very... Good :nod:
Jarreshair wrote:If Teo & Teo level :cry:
I wouldn't mind this, this album has some wonderful tracks. Even if most just is just blegh.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:30 pm
Jarreshair

OK, I've listened to Movement 6. I was expecting something as bad a bowl Movement but it's not quite that bad. IT DOES NOT belong on an Equinoxe Sequel album though.
I don't quite understand what JMJ is doing. Movement 1 is classic Jarre (although a little Vangelis). It has a touch of class about it. Movement 6 anyone can knock up.
I thought he had learned his lesson with T&T but obviously not.
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:57 pm
Jarreshair

Not sure if posted elsewhere but Prog Magazine has given EI a positive review (even Movement 6)

http://www.jarre-live.fr/2018/11/excell ... azine.html
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:00 pm
Robi

Jarreshair wrote:OK, I've listened to Movement 6. I was expecting something as bad a bowl Movement but it's not quite that bad. IT DOES NOT belong on an Equinoxe Sequel album though.
I don't quite understand what JMJ is doing. Movement 1 is classic Jarre (although a little Vangelis). It has a touch of class about it. Movement 6 anyone can knock up.
I thought he had learned his lesson with T&T but obviously not.
Comparing T&T to new Equinoxe or this particular track on any level.....well... :roll:
I do like the Mellotron sound in it honestly.
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:08 pm
Jarreshair

I have this bugbear when an artist releases a sequel to successful albums then puts on tracks that never would have got on the original (Oldfield has done this).
I don't think the track is the worst thing JMJ has done (I'm looking at you Exit), but M6 is not an Equinoxe track.

I don't blame him for doing something different but is this really the same guy who give us Oxygene 2 and Ethnicolor?
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:37 pm
Glco8284

i like this song its 50/50 jarre

only its a bad thing that there are leaks or jarre own posted tracks.

i hope some tracks will remain silent till 16 novhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=105vjHfRugvTgrSusgFOJlBSr2O4j3pdi
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm
lacobo

Sorry for the "Movement 6 haters", but the more I play this song, the more I like it. The start, details like the "howling wolves" at 2:34 and 3:31, the wink to Magnetic Fields at the end (3:54). Etc. Ok, I wasn't expecting this on an Equinoxe sequel as well, but now it's there...

The diversity in songs makes Jarre such a unique artist. And very hard to mimic: An artist like StarInc can play Vangelis songs very close to the original, but Jarres work... nope.
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:27 pm
Big time

lacobo wrote:Ok, I wasn't expecting this on an Equinoxe sequel as well, but now it's there...
..but now it's there... I better force myself to like it. Even though I would change the channel if I heard this on the radio, and didn't know it was Jarre. Gotta keep playing it! I HAVE to like it in the end!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :smoke:
Post Posted Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:31 pm
Jote

Likes given: 18
Likes received  : 22

Jarreshair wrote:Not sure if posted elsewhere but Prog Magazine has given EI a positive review (even Movement 6)

http://www.jarre-live.fr/2018/11/excell ... azine.html
The reviewer seems a bit clueless though.

"Infinity and The Opening are classic Jarre given a techno makeover"

Infinity is definitely not "techno". It's a pop song build with the infamous 4-chord progression ( )

"Robots Don't Cry seeks to revisit Oxygène part IV's insistent bass sequence"

If anything, it's closer Oxygene II. The bass pattern, the choice of sounds and sound effects.

2020 Zoolook.nl