Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ALONE TOGETHER - LIVE VR Concert - 21/06/2020

Post Posted Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:43 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

16/06/2020
Via Jean-Michel Jarre

ALONE TOGETHER - LIVE VR Concert / 21. June 2020 / 9:15pm CET
Who else misses live shows? I have! And so I decided to work on a live show appropriate for the year 2020.
I am super excited to announce my first ever LIVE VR concert in a unique VR world created just for me by VroomBuzz. For #Fetedelamusique2020 I will perform a 40min live show with some brand new music for everyone to join. For those of you who have access to VR gear you can witness the 3D version in VRrOOm, there is also a Video Game mode on PC and a @facebook and @youtube live stream for everyone else. Go to www.jeanmicheljarre.com for all details on how to join on June 21st at 9:15pm CET. Lets be #alonetogether

ALONE TOGETHER - Concert LIVE VR - 21 Juin 2020 - 21h15 CET
Les spectacles en direct vous ont manqué ? A moi aussi ! J'ai donc décidé de travailler sur un spectacle en direct approprié pour l'année 2020.
Je suis très heureux de vous annoncer mon tout premier concert LIVE VR dans un monde de VR unique créé spécialement à cette occasion par @vroom.buzz . Pour #Fetedelamusique2020, je vais présenter un spectacle en direct avec de nouveaux titres. Venez me rejoindre en 3D dans VRrOOm, en mode Jeu vidéo sur PC & Mac (sous windows) et un flux en direct @facebook et @youtube pour tous les autres. Rendez-vous sur www.jeanmicheljarre.com tous les détails pour vous inscrire le 21 juin à 21h15 CET. Soyons #alonetogether

Source:

ALONE TOGETHER

Join Jean-Michel Jarre and his Avatar for a Live VR performance to celebrate Fête de la Musique 2020, June 21st at 21h15 CET.

A world premier. French musician Jean-Michel Jarre, via his Avatar, will perform live in a specially designed virtual world, accessible to all.

Jarre’s custom-created “Alone Together” is a Live performance in virtual reality, simultaneously broadcast in real time across digital platforms, in 3D & 2D. To date, all virtual musical performances are pre-produced and are hosted in pre-existing digital worlds. Here Jarre presents his event in its own customized virtual world and everyone can share the online experience via PC, tablets, smartphones, or in total immersion on interactive VR headsets.

Important to Jarre, this project also aims to send a message to the public and the entire music industry: whether in the real or virtual world, music and live performance have a value, the recognition and sustainability of which is vital for millions of creators.

In addition to the digital broadcast, a “silent” broadcast of the virtual concert will be offered in city-center Paris, in the courtyard of the Palais Royal, to a selection of students from schools of the performing arts, training in sound and image, who will only need to bring their mobile phone and headphones to share the live performance on a big screen.

At the end of this simultaneous performance, the participants gathered in the courtyard of the Palais Royal will be able to chat live with Jean-Michel Jarre’s avatar, erasing even further the boundaries between the physical and virtual worlds. To conclude, the avatar will open a virtual backstage door to which Jarre will welcome the group of students in person to his studio to share the behind the scenes of the evening.

Jean-Michel Jarre intends to demonstrate that VR, augmented reality and AI are new vectors that can help create a new mode of artistic expression, production and distribution, while maintaining the unparalleled emotion of the real-time encounter between artists and the public. The period of sanitary crisis we are going through has highlighted the opportunity and the need for a paradigm shift to keep up with the times.

“Having performed in extraordinary venues, virtual reality will now allow me to play in unimaginable spaces while remaining on a physical stage” says Jean-Michel Jarre.

The internationally renowned French musician believes that World Music Day is the ideal opportunity to promote these new uses and a greater understanding of one of the possible future business models of the live music performance industry.

“Virtual or augmented realities can be to the performing arts what the advent of cinema was to the theatre, an additional mode of expression made possible by new technologies at a given time,” predicts Jarre.

Breaking the barriers of isolation, “Alone Together”, the virtual experience imagined and composed by Jean-Michel Jarre, is produced in collaboration with the social virtual reality world VRrOOm created by Louis Cacciuttolo, who has brought together for the occasion a team of innovative artists such as Pierre Friquet and Vincent Masson and technicians who are experts in immersive technologies such as SoWhen?, Seekat, Antony Vitillo, or Lapo Germasi.

Source: https://jeanmicheljarre.com/

Discuss this subject here.
Discutez de ce sujet ici.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:34 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

23/06/2020
Via Jean-Michel Jarre

To everyone who joined me on VrRoom on Sunday night or watched the live stream on @youtube or @facebook: a massive thank you for all your precious feedback on #alonetogether.
It was a crazy and joyful experience. We only had a couple of weeks to pull this of and with it being a world premiere we naturally experienced some challenges during the show that we are analysing now to learn for the future.
I had a fantastic time and I hope you did too.
Stay tuned for more VR fun to come in the near future...and no worries of course I’ll be playing live in real live again when I can!
#alonetogether

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010