Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Welcome To The Other Side - Jean-Michel Jarre New Year Eve’s concert at Notre-Dame in VR

Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:59 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Dr_Jones wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:51 pm I guess it will be youtube. I can't think of any other video streaming service.
Thought so too, but if it's YouTube then why just not say "YouTube" to make it crystal clear? And I think it was indicated somewhere that they want to charge afterwards, but maybe it was just for the VR experience?

I mean honestly, their comms departament is not doing a great job :/
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:07 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

La Ville de Paris presents under the Patronage of UNESCO

Notre-Dame
Virtual Concert

“Welcome to the Other Side” is a one-off exclusive, worldwide and open-to-all, free concert experience whose ambition, beyond celebrating the New Year in a futuristic and festive way, is to send a message of hope for 2021 and for the end of the dark times we are all going through this year : a digital and virtual invitation from Paris, the City of Light, vibrant metropole of the Arts & of Culture and home to the most famous cathedral in the world. Notre-Dame has a unique place in the collective imagination, it is a symbol of the strength and of World Heritage that binds us together.

Press Release:

JEAN-MICHEL JARRE presents « WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE »:

a NEW YEAR’S EVE CONCERT-SPECTACULAR in virtual NOTRE-DAME

New Year’s Eve – DECEMBER 31, 2020 – 23h25 CET/Paris-time.

08th December 2020 - In partnership with the City of Paris, and under the patronage of UNESCO, Electronic Music pioneer Jean-Michel Jarre teams with French VR start-up VRrOOm to take us into the New Year with a Live-stream trailblazing concert-spectacular set in the virtual environment of the planetary landmark, Notre-Dame de Paris. The unique visual world created by Jarre in VR will also be the official midnight news image coming from the City of Paris.

"Welcome to the Other Side" is a one-off exclusive, worldwide and open-to-all, free concert experience whose ambition, beyond celebrating the New Year in a futuristic and festive way, is to send a message of hope for 2021: a digital and virtual invitation from Paris, the City of Light, vibrant metropole of the Arts & of Culture and home to the most famous cathedral in the world. Notre-Dame has a unique place in the collective imagination, it is a symbol of the strength and of World Heritage that binds us together.

Jarre’s virtual concert-spectacular invites us all to ring-in the New Year together and social virtual reality gives the possibility to party together, wherever we are, including all who are socially or geographically isolated.

The Live-stream experience on December 31, will be produced as a cutting-edge simultaneously-mixed-media creation: welcome to other side of reality, welcome into the New Year, welcome to your own personal celebration, welcome to a global party, all via your own chosen dimension:

- In total immersion on the social VR platform VRchat, accessible either simply via PC, or in virtual reality for the audience equipped with VR headsets,
- Live-streaming on Jarre’s & other social media platforms via any PC or Mac, smartphone or tablet,
- Live audio broadcast on Radio France’s France Inter, French public radio,
- Live TV broadcast by French BFM Paris news channel.

Jean-Michel Jarre will perform live from a studio near the Cathedral in Paris, whilst his avatar plays inside a virtual Notre-Dame.

The 45-minute concert that Jarre will perform will be comprised of tracks from his recent Grammy-nominated opus Electronica, as well as new reworked versions of his classics, Oxygène and Equinoxe.

The audio of the concert will be released on 01.01.2021 0:15am CET on all music streaming platforms under the title “Welcome to the Other Side – LIVE”.

Jarre, whose legendary concert-spectaculars have broken world records in attendees and took place at some of the globe’s most renowned landmarks throughout his outstanding career, have left their imprint on world-class entertainment. "Welcome to the Other Side" is an invitation to enter the other side of the mirror and to travel from the physical concert world into a virtual fantasy world.

Jarre’s visionary creativity in partnership with VRrOOm’s VR designers come together here to create a concert-spectacular that is nothing short of his benchmark outdoor performances and above all a milestone today in setting new standards for music entertainment tomorrow.

"Virtual reality is to the performing arts today what cinema was to the theatre in its early days, a kind of curiosity. I believe that VR will become tomorrow, a mode of expression in its own right. » Jean-Michel Jarre

Play it loud and watch it on a big screen !

Join & share the party December 31, 2020, 23h25 CET & Paris-time:

- YouTube /jeanmicheljarre
- Facebook /jeanmicheljarre
- VRChat /hello.vrchat.com
- VRrOOm /vrroom.buzz
- City of Paris paris.fr
- UNESCO unesco.org
- France Inter Radio franceinter.fr
- BFMTV & BFM Paris www.bfmtv.com

Created by Jean-Michel Jarre

Designed by VRrOOm,
Produced by the City of Paris
Under the patronage of UNESCO
In partnership with Radio France & BFM TV / BFM Paris

Executive Production: R2B

For all ongoing information follow JMJ on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube or check www.jeanmicheljarre.com

Source: https://jeanmicheljarre.com/
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:40 pm
Jote

Thanks, Kanta, that's much better.
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:42 pm
Kanta

Jote wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:40 pm Thanks, Kanta, that's much better.
You are welcome, Jote.

Jean-Michel Jarre will perform live from a studio near the Cathedral in Paris, whilst his avatar plays inside a virtual Notre-Dame. The 45-minute concert that Jarre will perform will be comprised of tracks from his recent Grammy-nominated opus Electronica, as well as new reworked versions of his classics, Oxygène and Equinoxe.

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm
Jote

I wonder if we get new reworks of the classics (given that he's got that new production assistant who replaced Stephane)
Post Posted Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:47 am
Kanta

New photo promoting the Welcome To The Other Side concert by Jean-Michel Jarre!

Source: https://neuesruhrwort.de/2020/12/09/jea ... e-konzert/
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:55 pm
Kanta

09/12/2020
Via Jean-Michel Jarre

WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE 31/12/2020 23.25pm CET. Super excited to give you more details of the event hosted by the City of Paris under the patronage of UNESCO:
My performance will be a 45 min concert inside the setting of virtual Notre-Dame de Paris. I will be performing a mix of all your favorite tracks as well as a re-work of Oxygene and Equinoxe to celebrate the occasion. The concert will be free for all and accessible in VR, via French national TV and Radio, and as a 2D live broadcast on Youtube and Facebook. Check www.jeanmicheljarre.com for all details.

WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE 31/12/2020 23h25 CET. Très heureux de vous donner plus de détails sur l'événement organisé par la Ville de Paris sous le patronage de l’UNESCO :
Un concert de 45 minutes dans le décor virtuel de Notre-Dame de Paris. J'interpréterai un medley de tous vos morceaux préférés ainsi que les remixes d'Oxygene et Equinoxe pour célébrer le passage du Nouvel An. Ce concert sera gratuit pour tous et accessible en VR, via la télévision et la radio nationales françaises, et en direct en 2D sur Youtube et Facebook. Consultez www.jeanmicheljarre.com pour de plus amples détails.

@paris_maville
@quefaireaparis

Video:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:11 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Trailer is now on youtube in glorious 1080p
Post Posted Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:41 pm
Dr_Jones

And another test-video (SPOILERS)
► Show Spoiler
Post Posted Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:40 am
Kanta

More promotion for the Welcome To The Other Side concert.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 44

Jote wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm I wonder if we get new reworks of the classics (given that he's got that new production assistant who replaced Stephane)
The guy in the red tracksuit top? I remember the photo being posted on here somewhere but cannot remember his name.
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Dr_Jones

And another video "leaked"
► Show Spoiler
Post Posted Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 am
Jote

Richard-Eastham wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Jote wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm I wonder if we get new reworks of the classics (given that he's got that new production assistant who replaced Stephane)
The guy in the red tracksuit top? I remember the photo being posted on here somewhere but cannot remember his name.
Not sure about his attire. This guy https://www.facebook.com/Ridwello/

I checked out his remixes on YouTube and they were pretty meh. But who knows, maybe he'll do a great job with JMJ's music.
Post Posted Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:29 am
Richard-Eastham

Likes given: 160
Likes received  : 44

Jote wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 am
Richard-Eastham wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Not sure about his attire. This guy https://www.facebook.com/Ridwello/

I checked out his remixes on YouTube and they were pretty meh. But who knows, maybe he'll do a great job with JMJ's music.
That's him. The Facebook post in the red tracksuit alongside JMJ seems to have gone, but I'm sure that was who I was thinking of.

I'm just hoping that the reworked tracks are not derivative EDM awfulness. The "venue" is Notre Dame and it deserves a wonderful mix of delicate 1970s electronic music. This has been done before: think of Tangerine Dream in Notre Dame de Reims in 1974, and in the UK Coventry cathedral and York Minster. It would be a real missed opportunity to have 45 minutes of Electronica Vol. 1 and 2 and EDM style mixes of early works. There should be a decent section of the show at least that is early delicate material, Oxygene Pt. 1 and Equinoxe Pt.2 and Pt. 3 in their original forms. That would be fabulous.

By the way, I heard JMJ attended the Tangerine Dream Reims concert in 1974 and he found it inspiring. I think this was mentioned in a film documentary about Tangerine Dream.
--
01.09.93 Manchester / 07.06.97 Manchester / 30.03.08 London / 22.05.09 London / 10.10.10 London / 01.07.11 Monaco / 04.05.16 London / 23.07.16 Macclesfield / 06.10.16 Brighton / 07.10.16 London.
Post Posted Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Jote

TBH I wouldn't expect the setlist to be much different from his last VR endeavor.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl