Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Synths Used in Arpegiator

Post Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:32 am
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Maybe you can try to use a Smallstone phaser effect to get this kind of hi-hats. Maybe you can also try to replicate this sound even with a basic "noise" and phasing effect too. You also have KR55 drum sounds on the track.
Post Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:00 am
juanito

Likes received  : 2

Kr-55 Kick seems to be the right sound. May be he samples it with Fairelight and tuned it...
I will use a closed hi-hat thru a phaser. I noted that hi-hats sequence is not random and folow a sequence...
Post Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:08 am
juanito

And there his also a sparkling hi melody at the begining who folow the main arpegiator melody. It should be the same track thru a phaser or flanger... If not it's a sparkling sound made with a second ARP2600? I'll try both....
Post Posted Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 pm
Blatman

Here is an attempt on the Moog Modular V to recreate the bass of this track, no effect, direct from the VST plugin :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoK15qyeQcQchc0p-b7 ... g?e=aBhBIT
Post Posted Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:52 pm
juanito

Hi,

Nice one! Mine has been done with an ARP2600-V. Square (44% 8") + Saw 16" and sound more "squary" has yours! :)
Now for the sparkling sound (upper arpegio) who appears after 30 seconds i used a second ARP2600 4" OSC but i'm questionning about this sound. It is possible that Jarre used an aux channel with the same main arpegios thru a phaser and octave shiffting? Same questionning about loud kick (1:37) who seems following the rythm of the bass sound. Passing the sound also on a aux channel with EQ (low pass) to get only a loud kick like sound.

Which sound is used for flute part (1:45') who has the same notes has bass sequence? I used a flute sample from CMI with and differed sample start. Sounds good!

That for at the moment my instrument list after creating the first part (2 firsts minutes).
Bass sequence: ARP2600-V
Main solo: Vaacum (Air)
Kick: Linn Drum Samples
Snare: Linn Drum Samples
Low Kick (from 1:37): KR-55
Hi-Hats (Phased): Linn Durm Samples
Hi-Hats: Linn Drum Samples
Sparkling Arpegios: ARP2600-V
Claps: Linn Drum
Clave: Fairlight Sample +1 tune
Flutty Melody: Fairlight Sample

Now i'm working on second sequence sound (1:55) who seems to be a plucked sound...
Post Posted Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:10 am
Blatman

I think that in many cases, what Jarre did was not "weird" but it was just logic regarding the tools and synth he had at this period. All Jarre compositions are not complicated when they are done the right way, so, I think there is no "aux channel with EQ" or thing like that... maybe it's just a drum machin and a basic kick ;) They spent more time on creation and composition, not on the technical and weird aspect.
Post Posted Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:26 am
juanito

Of course but this track has a lot of "tracks" and the only "sequencer" he could use was probably the Geiss Matrisequencer and CMI. This track is intersting in this way it wasn't done with a DAW :)

Arpegiator used also RSF Kobol Expander and i'm not sure that it was composed during the China Tour but after like Souvenir de Chine.

I'll post a first attemp of Arpegiator ASAP. :)

For the choirs i used the Emulator-II. I don't know wich synth he used...
Post Posted Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:40 pm
emax2

The bass is an arp-2600 with the arp sequencer. All drums are from the Fairlight C.M.I. except for the kick drum snare and the open high hats that start at the 1 minute 4 second mark.At the 5 minute 1 second mark there is 2 closed high hat hits to let all the performers know how long until the track is supposed to end. This is one of my favorite jarre tracks

• 2020 Zoolook.nl