Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

François Kevorkian in Rendez Vous ????

Post Posted Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:14 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

I always had this doubt, in the first version of the old LP of the album “Rendez Vous” released in 1986, it is credited on the track Rendez Vous 4, which François Kevorkian had mixed...but later, when the album was released on CD, and re-released remastered several times, the name that appears would be: recorded and mixed by Michel Geiss and Claude Ermelin!!!
ORIGINAL LP (1986)

ANOTHER VERSION - CD (1986)

So even if you track the original '86 LP, and its following versions...the sound is the same! Would it be a mistake??? Or is there a version of François Kevorkian that we don't know about, as he has worked on a Zoolookologie remix in the past?
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:13 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I believe the difference is one extra (or less) breathing sound at the end of the song.
Post Posted Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:43 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Yeah, I don't think there are any other differences. That being said... interestingly enough, on the "Rendez Vous Special Remix" single there is "RV 4 (original mix)", mixed by Geiss and Ermelin and... while it says "original" it's different compared to the album version (I spotted one tiny detail - a certain synth (syncopated single note synth brass) is NOT playing near the end of the track. EDIT: this synth is also not playing at that point in the "Special Remix")
Attachments
Rendez-Vous IV - album version vs 'original mix' from Polydor POSPX 788.mp3
(492 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Post Posted Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:02 pm
Chrono93

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Just wondering if the credit was a simple mistake and that Francois Kevorkian maybe worked on the song in some other way like he did on the original Revolutions track (which the original album version has FK credited for special effects but on my French 90s remaster CD he is not mentioned possibly because of the different version Revolution, Revolutions).
Well spotted about the difference in Rendez-Vous 4 album and original versions, never noticed that before.
Post Posted Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:13 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

A mistaken credit to Francois Kevorkian... still better than a correctly attributed credit to Dadwater :\

• 2020 Zoolook.nl