Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

[Fake] Tell Me the Truth!

Post Posted Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:09 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I'm still amused by how this case turned from "Simon Jensen is probably a made-up person by a notorious plagiarist record label trying to make money off tracks that aren't theirs" to an example of what seems like mental illness. After all, his original site still lists "Tell me the truth" as a JMJ collaboration even though now he's not attributing anything to JMJ anymore in his latest crap reuploads. Not to mention his SoundCloud page reposting one of the tracks plagiarized in his latest release?

(He originally had most of the tracks stolen in his initial releases as his SC favorites, even if they're now gone, but of course there's a chance that the SoundCloud archives still retain a log of what they were)

The worst part of all this is that he's doing a half-assed job with his theft but has gotten away with it for the most part due to how rigid the process of filing for copyright infringement is on Spotify, Apple Music et al - not to mention how the artists of the original non-JMJ cover/remix tracks he's stolen aren't around anymore to file claims against him.

(And I'd still say that might not prove entirely useful due to how those companies work, considering Jensen has removed his releases and reinstated them under "SIJA Music" earlier this year)

Except for mcvadsr (though his latest SC upload is from 5 months ago as of this writing), who'd possibly have the best chance of taking down Jensen's main stolen track.

Are there any Spanish-speaking people on this forum who might be willing to send mcvadsr a message about it and ask him to file a copyright claim against Jensen? After all, his track features original progressions (and posibly lyrics) in addition to the Oxygene 4 cover itself.
Post Posted Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:02 pm
Finaero

That said, take a look at what you can find by googling Frederik Norup:

https://dmf.dk/contact/frederik-norup

Directly associated with Gateway Music... as in, one of the many fronts/collaborators for the Orchard Music scammers (as covered on the first pages of this thread).

Really hoping that Aero Prod's message to me will actually mean that Simon Jensen and all these other thieves will get what they deserve - and for that matter, that the recent announcement "for health reasons" is a direct consequence of JMJ's lawyers finally doing something concrete about the matter after 9+ months. But you never know. :P
Post Posted Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Adam

Likes given: 9
Likes received  : 6

It does seem a bit of a coincidence, I really hope this thief has finally been rumbled.
I will try and see if Madis is a member of the Jarremix group on Facebook which I am an admin, and see if we can make him aware that his remix of If..! has been stolen.

EDIT: I have sent Madis an email via his website, hopefully he will read it, then up to him if he wants to file a claim.
Post Posted Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:01 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Finaero wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:02 pm That said, take a look at what you can find by googling Frederik Norup:

Directly associated with Gateway Music... as in, one of the many fronts/collaborators for the Orchard Music scammers (as covered on the first pages of this thread).

Really hoping that Aero Prod's message to me will actually mean that Simon Jensen and all these other thieves will get what they deserve - and for that matter, that the recent announcement "for health reasons" is a direct consequence of JMJ's lawyers finally doing something concrete about the matter after 9+ months. But you never know. :P
Jesus F*** this is confusing. So is this guy mentally ill or is this an Orchard Music scam?
Post Posted Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:10 pm
Tarkovskiy85

Likes received  : 1

Finaero wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:02 pm That said, take a look at what you can find by googling Frederik Norup:

To be honest I don't think there's something shady about Gateway Music - it's apperantly a front for Danish musicians association, and the organization seems to have only one purpose - to help artist distribute their music on all the mainstream channels. My guess is that they have no clue that Simon Jensen is a fraudster.

I might lay out the possibility that Simon Jensen makes all the posts himself on Sija music and just uses this Frederik Norup as a fictional front man, so it appears that Mr. Jensen has a whole management team behind him :lol:

Btw, I wrote to Jagi - the artist who made the Oxygene 4 hardstyle mix - he told me he would either write to Simon directly or file a case with Spotify on the stolen song.
Post Posted Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:29 am
Finaero

Oh yeah, the Gateway Music website definitely looks legitimate, and it would certainly fit Jensen's MO if he was also commiting identity fraud by pretending to be Frederik Norup.

Hopefully these claims against Spotify et al will increase and get results done, because even if Jensen is going on a "2-year break" his stolen albums are still available at the moment.
Post Posted Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:34 pm
Finaero

*sigh* While Spotify did take down Jensen's theft of my T&T remix last month... not only has he reuploaded/reinstated it there again, there have been no changes to the track itself

Unsurprisingly, even though Aero Prod did get back to me with the response "We’re quite sure that a reply with explanations with be provided as soon as possible as I transfer this email to the lawyer dept right now" back then, I haven't heard anything from them either ever since :P
Post Posted Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:01 am
Finaero

Nice of Spotify to get back to me this quickly - a shame that it probably won't advance this thing in any way as seen in the previous instances...
Attachments
spotify.jpg
Post Posted Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:58 pm
Finaero

Another Infinity remix, it seems. Namely, this one:

https://metapop.com/xavier-34paradou34- ... edes/71312
Post Posted Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Ok so it's from an Infinity remix "competition" of some sort?
A bit confusing because at some places I can't find any credits to JMJ what so ever.

"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:52 pm
Finaero

Velodynamic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 pm Ok so it's from an Infinity remix "competition" of some sort?
A bit confusing because at some places I can't find any credits to JMJ what so ever.
Yeah, Simon Jensen's main thing is stealing JMJ remixes and covers (or other JMJ inspired tracks), posting them on Spotify etc. and claiming them as his own.
Post Posted Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:29 pm
Chrono93

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

Sorry if this seems off topic but I thought that since this news story I'm linking to is about people claiming to own rights to music that is by other people I felt it might be suitable for this topic.
Anyway the link is:
https://torrentfreak.com/u-s-indicts-tw ... am-211203/
Basically it shows how slow it can be to clear these issues and how much money they made during those years despite other people saying they were the rights holders. Hopefully this fraud will get whats coming to him eventually but sadly not soon enough.
Post Posted Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:39 pm
Finaero

It's been a while, but something's going on behind the scenes once again, as his releases have dwindled down to these three (even though plagiarized tracks have been found from them as well). Definitely won't be surprised if his previous "albums" reappear once again...
Attachments
ff.PNG
Post Posted Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:19 pm
Finaero

Today on Jensenwatch... "Tell Me The Truth" and "Mr. Max" have been reuploaded (also on Amazon Music), but the album that included "The Voyage" is currently missing - though the rip-off of JMJ's HSBC tracks ("The Dream") is still available, so if JMJ's lawyers actually intervened, they didn't do a complete job. :P
Attachments
crap.PNG
Post Posted Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:55 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I got an email from a visitor of my Popcorn site a few days ago. They found a similar thing with a guy claiming the M&H Band version of Popcorn is his. Crazy copyright trolls.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl