Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rendez-vous I opening

Post Posted Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:36 am
Pando

Likes given: 5
Likes received  : 8

Blatman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:00 am How you have created the "sonore" sound ? Can you give more details ?
It was some PWM patch I used with Xerxes, then EQd to hell and back. I'll need to look for it, not sure if I actually saved it. It was used with a prototype synth at that time and some of the parameters had changed since that.
Post Posted Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:10 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

Pando wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:32 am
Blatman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:04 am Here is an extract (recorded live... just for you to listen this sound). Maybe we are not talking of the same sound ? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoK15qyeQcQchc1pm1F ... Q?e=1cbtgg

ps: sorry I just noticed taht the limiter was not active during the recording... but you get the idea.
Yeah, this is the sound. Ok, haha, glad to be proven wrong. If this is done with a DS-250 I'll need to dig deeper into it, as it's clearly not just one of the 16 presets but done with the DS-310 programmer in a creative way plus some processing added.

Which sample pack are you using it from?

Thanks, I've been looking for this sound for quote a while.
The Seiko is an additive like synth with 16 "sounds" for each layers, as I remember I am using the last sliders of the 16th "preset". Then I just tweak some ADSR and add a chorus, an EQ to "mute" the very low frequencies and a reverb.

We are always thinking that Jarre did crazy things but... in many cases the start point is a nice preset or something very simple. You have some Seiko demo on Youtube in which you can hear a similar sound:

It's the same process for the "snore" sound.... everyone is trying to replicate with weird process but in fact Jarre did something very simple, just load a CMI preset and play some C2 C3 notes.

I am using this Kontakt library : https://www.kvraudio.com/news/castle-in ... takt-45316
Post Posted Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:10 pm
Blatman

Likes given: 46
Likes received  : 25

It seems there is a pad sound playing almost the same notes than the piano. Any idea how this sound has been created by jarre ? I am digging on the CZ V by arturia but for now I don’t have a sound similar, only nice pads, not THE pad 😀
Post Posted Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:42 pm
exotica

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

hello, I think that the sound you are talking about was made by an Arp 2600, 2 sine oscillators including 1 set to the fifth (higher or lower, I don't remember) passing through a ring modulator and of course using the spring reverb of the Arp 2600.
I tried with a Dominion X

• 2020 Zoolook.nl